Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

• 1 month later...

So we need a ton of players this offseason to actually have a shot of qualifying for the group stages of Europa League.

1. Goalkeeper: Baroja is on loan and I don't see enough in him to warrant buying him. I liked him a lot in the beginning of the year but he seems to have the same problem as Anestis with crosses. He's also older than Anestis, shorter, and is not as good of a shot stopper. I'd keep Anestis as a backup and buy an experienced and proven top quality Keeper.

2. Centerback: We need to get two. Kolovetsios has taken huge steps up this year and he can be a starter next year but other than him we have nothing. Arzo is garbage, and Labropoulos is average. I'd get one centerback that's faster, more experienced, and better than Kolovetsios to play next to him. I'd also get another one that's of similar quality to Kolovetsios for depth. I'd keep Tzanetopoulos as a 4th option and give him game time in the cup and against mediocre opponents to continue his development.

3. Left back: I like Didac a lot, but he seems to get a lot of yellow cards and misses games because of that, and he has a bad injury history. So, I would find a backup that's around the same level of him defensively. Soiledis is good offensively but if Didac gets hurt and we have a European game with Soiledis trying to defend we are in trouble.

4. Right back: We have Bakakis, Galo, and Vasiloantonopoulos, we have plenty of coverage here.

5. Midfield: We have Simoes Johanson Mantalos and Cordero here. We have plenty of starting quality. I would try go get Zuculini back, and another younger midfield for depth. He can be playing in the super league already. Some options: Siopis from Panionions, and Kourbelis from Asteras.

6. Wings: We only have Barbosa that's a true winger. We need at least one more winger that is similar a player to Barbosa, and then keep Vargas, and maybe Platellas as bench options. Along with the one winger, I'd make a huge push for Bakasetas that can play up top, on the wing, and behind the striker.

7. Strikers: The huge problem area. We need a gun up here. We need a player here that can do it all. Tall, quick, great ball control, great finisher, and great technique. We can't mess this one up, we need our own Berg style player.

If we aren't going to splash the cash for a star striker then we need to make a push for Vellios because he has the potential to be this kind of player.

We need anywhere between 6-8 good players to come so we can finish somewhere close to Olympiakos, and get into the group stages of Europe League and do decent there. All of these players, and Poyet to stay.

• Like it 2

Something aint right with Tzane, but he surely be starting of Arzo.....

As for Mandalos I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon, still has a couple years left on his contract also so we cant lose him on a free. But if offers do start coming I can see them giving him a new contract with a new clause. 

Plenty of talk of us going for Vellios, what's everyone's opinion? I would've taken him last season. Also read they said that they had the chance to sign him before the season started and they said Dellas didn't want him, they said the same about Dellas with Berbatov, seems like they are shifting blame on Dellas to cover their own F*** ups....

Plenty of talk of us going for Vellios, what's everyone's opinion? I would've taken him last season. Also read they said that they had the chance to sign him before the season started and they said Dellas didn't want him, they said the same about Dellas with Berbatov, seems like they are shifting blame on Dellas to cover their own F*** ups....

Or he really didn't want him... Like Artho, Diego

As much I believe our team needs a lot of work in order for us to become title contenders, the most important signing we could do is keeping poyet. If he was to leave, that would be a huge set back. Our players are dedicated to him and our squad have learnt his philosophy. Keeping poyet is the most important signing. But if we were to keep him, our main priority in the transfer market is signing a quality striker, an experienced center back and 2 wingers. I wouldn't mind barbosa starting next season, however we need to sign 2 more  wingers, one as a starter and the other could be a starter or a back up to barbosa, apart from barbosa our wingers are poor.

Edited by george21
  • Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

El Arabi would be good he has a decent scoring record but will he suit us is the question we don't want to be signing players who don't suit our style.

Few other names have been thrown around also, few guys in Greece reckon Bakasetas has signed with us already as he is an AEK fan also, but wont buy into that until its confirmed.

Biggest concern is who the coach is going to be, no use buying players in my opinion.

Baroja isn't a bad thing to keep him on, he has done well for us in many matches.