Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Reaper I'm not saying to build our team to be the best top 2 teams in the league, i'm mean we will need to be patient to compete with oly for the title and I know a lot of aek fans who expected us to win the league the second year back. But after they have seen we have not spent any money they know they have to be patient and wait maybe a few more years until we can compete for the title

Edited by george21
  • Like it 1

PAE AEK made a huge amount of profit the past two seasons through OPAP sponsorships and TV deals. The OPAP sponsorships especially covered all of the costs. There is NO REASON not to spend 500k euros now on players to guarantee we make 7 million euros in bonuses from playing in the one Champions League qualifying round.

• Like it 1

Reaper Meli is trying to do the same yet faces m*****a hurdles each time we get an opening, really don't get it, a team who owns the land has all this fuss about building. The people of New Philadelphia want the stadium, the fans want it, yet the mayor is an a***** who's made it his objective for us not to build.

george21 next year "IF" he spends and brings in a couple of attractive names we may give Oly a better challenge at the title, this season I was always happy with Top 3 and Europe, next season we must aim higher

The first season I read we were $7mill euro in surplus, last season wouldn't have been far off that same figure, if not more with better TV revenues and OPAP sponsorship. This season again would've been more also, so to say we don't want to be in debt isn't a good excuse for me. We only spent $160K this season surely they can do better than that.

In Meli's fairness he has got AEK running as a proper club should be run, players getting paid on time coaches and management the same and not waiting 9 months for money, so credit to him for that. But we need to spend, we ALL know where we lack a CB and Striker is what we need most.

Maybe you are right Greekfreak and the players we want wont come, but we should have a Plan B if that's the case.

I just really hope if we don't bring in players we stay injury free, because if we get injuries we are F***ed.

We are trying for Bruno Zachoulini on loan from Manchester City. He's a central midfield like Johanson, Simoes, Cordero, and Mantalos. Considering we play with 3 central mids, Cordero is always, and Anakoglou is not in Poyets plans, this would be a very smart deal if we signed him. We can't last the entire season with 3.5 midfielders for 3 spots, so a cheap depth signing for a pretty good player like this is smart. Let's see if they actually close the deal.

I hate to be a Debby Downer, and if we were to get him I'd be very happy, but at the same time, looks like this signing would be a tad bit of a smoke screen. You've got two gaping holes on both ends of the field, the striker position, and the CB position, and you decide to get a CM. If he were to be the only signing we achieve I'd be disappointed. If not a Striker, we really need a CB. A creative midfield can compensate for a lack of a striker, as we've seen thus far, but the CB position is vital. 

BUT you guys know how much I love to play with formations so why not. I say we push Barbosa up and let him play behind Arava in a 4-4-2 Rombo. 

------------------------------Aravas-------------------------------------

-----------------Barbosa-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------Zuculini---------------------------------------

-------Mandalos-----------------------------Johanson---------------

------------------------------Simoes--------------------------------------

Didac--------------------------------------------------------Bakakis

-----------------Kolo----------------------Anyone-----------------------

------------------------------Anesti---------------------------------------

But then again Idk how I feel about leaving out Galo, Vargas or even Platella/Buenanotte (but they're not playing much now anyway)

He also plays right mid so maybe 4-3-3 if Johanson can play CB....But hes been doing great in his new role, so again not sure.

-------------------------Aravas---------------------------------

----Barbosa-----------------------------------Galo------

------------Mandalos------------Zuculini----------------

-------------------------Simoes-------------------------------

Didac------------------------------------------------Bakakis

------------Kolo------------------Johanson----------------------

-------------------------Anesti--------------------------------------

Again I feel like these types of signings add depth, but right now we need to fill holes. It makes me so mad, wondering how good we would be, had we gotten a proper striker or CB. 

I hate to be a Debby Downer, and if we were to get him I'd be very happy, but at the same time, looks like this signing would be a tad bit of a smoke screen. You've got two gaping holes on both ends of the field, the striker position, and the CB position, and you decide to get a CM. If he were to be the only signing we achieve I'd be disappointed. If not a Striker, we really need a CB. A creative midfield can compensate for a lack of a striker, as we've seen thus far, but the CB position is vital.

They're gonna bring a striker, that Czech guy or someone better. Poyet asked for this player so I'm happy with this transfer, he tried to sign him twice when he was at Sunderland.

I want to see the Romvo formation but switch Mantalos and Zucholini, he's more of a DM than attacking midfielder.

• Like it 1

Pekhart arrived last night, not sure how I feel about him as his scoring record is pretty average, says he hasn't scored a goal since 2014 but I will give Poyet the benefit of the doubt as surely he will offer us more than what Maki ever did.

Zucholini is a good addition, seen bits and pieces of him and he isn't a bad addition and cover for us, he is on the way to Greece as we speak.

And speaking of Maki it seems we have off loaded him

Poyet also said today another signing will be done this week,  lets see if this happens and what player is brought in.

Edited by Original Sydney

Pekhart signed for an 18 month deal with a two year option at the end of it.

Fage has been loaned to Trikala for 6 months, and Anakoglou has been loan for 6 months to Veria. I haven't seen anything new regarding the chrisantus sale and I hope it didn't fall through and we get stuck with him...