Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Very very disappointed with AEK, we missed a great chance to sign a good player that can make the difference. If that is true we were 10K short off we are stupid. Apparently his wages will be 500K which is reasonable, I dont understand why we don't spend any money. We will never catch up to Oly if we continue like this. Pao actually spend money, essien is get 1m per year, Pao went out and bought boumale and spend over 1m in transfer period before the season started and they aint richer than us. Seems like our board are just saving the money for themselves. We are actually doing very well for a team that spends nothing and dosn't offer expensive contracts. Apparently simoes and johanson both get like 200K, that is a joke, the deserve at least 400K contracts. And in the previous transfer period we were 100K short for lafferty, so we are a cheap club and we wont sign anyone. Poyet might also want to leave if he realises his club doesn't have a transfer budget and I dont blame him if he wants to leave.

Exactly this......we let players go for change! There are no more excuses. I don't even think 790k was a real number. I think they gave that number out so that it seemed they made an effort. How pathetic. 

I agree, I don't think they made an offer. They're not going to sign anyone again, we will manage to finish second in the regular season but because our roster is so thin we are going to finish 5th after the playoffs. And we can forget about the Cup too. We don't have enough top end talent and don't have enough depth.

Poyet is going to win as many games as possible with this defensive formation to build his resume up and leave this off season because of the lack of budget, and I don't blame him. No ambition from Tigrako.

We are a couple of signings away from having a great team and I dont understand why our board are not willing spend any money so our team can compete to qualify for the cl in the play offs and to win the cup this season.. I actually do think milovanovic should be given a lot of praise, for the amount of money he is allowed to spend and the small contracts he can offer to players, he has signed players like johanson and simoes who have been out best players of the season. I know he signed chrisantus but apart from him his signings have been good. Maybe we don't what's going in our board, maybe in a couple of years time, our board will spend money after we enter europe and get money, oly spend a lot of money, but marinakis is not the one who spends the money its the clubs money from playing cl and winning titles. Maybe our board want to have a couple of seasons were we make profit first and then we start spending some money. If we were to spend more than what we make and we dont do good we would have already started to make a loss which isn't what we want. Lets not forget we pay a lot of money to use oaka and to use spata so maybe we are going to be careful with money for the next seasons. We might just have to patient for the next for seasons. 

Its getting into europe to gain that profit that will be hard unless....they spend some sort of cheese to get players to get us to Europe.

Nobody is asking for hundreds of millions to be spent, but dont be scrooges and offer pathetic offers such as 40% sell on fee....wtf is that. We didnt even make such an offer when we were broke let alone now when one of the richest men in Greece/World is involved.

5 million would get you 2 maybe 3 top quality players, for the Greek Super League anyway.

As much as I didnt buy into the signing of Sa I was of the belief we would sign at least 1 player. Eleos.

If they don't sign 2 players that Poyet asked for then he's gone come the end of the season, and we'd need to start over with a new coach, new philosophy, and needing a major squad overhaul, all in one summer where we need to qualify for Europe. They royally F***ed up, they won't sign anyone.

They haven't from what I was told and now they going for this Czech guy playing in Germany who's scoring record is terrible, may always keep Maki up there instead of bringing him in too.

I honestly don't get what the issue is with spending 500K as example now to bring in a player or two, bringing in these new guys now would most likely get us 2nd spot no doubt as we have the roster just needs topping up.

If no one comes in as I said above, pray we don't get injuries.

They haven't from what I was told and now they going for this Czech guy playing in Germany who's scoring record is terrible, may always keep Maki up there instead of bringing him in too.

I honestly don't get what the issue is with spending 500K as example now to bring in a player or two, bringing in these new guys now would most likely get us 2nd spot no doubt as we have the roster just needs topping up.

If no one comes in as I said above, pray we don't get injuries.

I think you guys are missing a key point here.

The possibility of winning the league is nil at this point, unless we pay the Gavrous' bus driver to go off a cliff with the entire team on board. Then we still wouldn't have enough money to pay off the referees to make things go our way for a change.

We have to ensure we see European football before we start to get more attractive to players on the market, that's just the reality of the sport/business. And I'm sorry, but I never was convinced of Sa, and hearing about his disposition, we already have a resident c*** on board with Djebbour, so we really don't need another prima donna. First we need to offload the deadwood.

The other thing is, the January window is often the worst time to get players--players who have been traded mid-season often seem to have confidence issues because their teams offloaded them as good-for-nothings. Let's be damned sure we can get into the CL qualification spot, and then we can get players.

Thank you for this post. Totally agree. It also takes removal from all of the emotion to see the long term goals.

I think you guys are missing a key point here.

The possibility of winning the league is nil at this point, unless we pay the Gavrous' bus driver to go off a cliff with the entire team on board. Then we still wouldn't have enough money to pay off the referees to make things go our way for a change.

We have to ensure we see European football before we start to get more attractive to players on the market, that's just the reality of the sport/business. And I'm sorry, but I never was convinced of Sa, and hearing about his disposition, we already have a resident c*** on board with Djebbour, so we really don't need another prima donna. First we need to offload the deadwood.

The other thing is, the January window is often the worst time to get players--players who have been traded mid-season often seem to have confidence issues because their teams offloaded them as good-for-nothings. Let's be damned sure we can get into the CL qualification spot, and then we can get players.

Without players we are going to finish 5th in the playoffs because we have no quality depth. Our players will be tired and we will have to start playing qualifiers in the beginning of July. We need players, just because we are out of the title race doesn't mean we shouldn't sign players. We still need players if we want to win the cup.

• Like it 1

I can see where Greekfreak is coming from with what he is saying and at the moment we are going very well, but if we get injuries then what? Say Aravidis and Djebbour get injured then what do we do?????

We need a couple of new faces to come in and bolster the squad. January there are players available we just need to bring in the right ones.

Then if we get to Europe I would expect us to spend and bring in a few attractive players. I will be in Greece September so hopefully will get to see us play a European game

Tiger is a smart businessman and has shown it with Aegean. I know all AEK fans myself included get frustrated when he doesn't spend and rightly so but he has a plan and im sure the signings and money spending will come. Look at Juve as an example, they took 5 years after coming back from relegation to get to where they are, it didn't happen in a season or 2 now look at them.

As frustrating as it gets, we as fans need to show patience, I say one thing to all my mates who bag him at times "imagine where AEK would be if Meli didn't step in"

The thing I dont understand is that many aek fans say meli cant put any money into aek because of opap, now aek fans are complaining that he hasn't put money in yet, what is the deal? I think we have to be patient, I do believe we will be a very wealthy team in the future, we are being careful on our first couple of seasons back, we dont want spend more than what we earn and not achieve anything. but having said that we do need to buy a striker and a cb and we should spend at least 500K on transfers, I hope we do sign players cause pao have strengthened there squad and if we want to qualify for the cl we need to bring in some more players.