Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Seems a strange choice. I am not sure how much say Poyet has in these matters. Each club has its own structures. For example at Olympiacos this season it is clear Marco Silva is in control of who he wants.

I think AEK should now start the building process for Europe next season. I will be very happy to see the yellow-blacks back in European competition.

At AEK, Bajavic has the most say, and then Milovanovic with Poyet after. Ideally, Bajavic would piss off, and then Milovanovic can work together with Poyet to get players. Poyet can request a position and a certain type of player, Milovanovic could give him a list of options, and then Poyet decides. Our best players came from Milovanovic picking them, like Johanson Simoes Didac and Barbosa.

I think we have already built a solid foundation for Europe. I think we only need 4 players for the starting 11 to do well in the Europa league next year. A striker, a winger, a center back, and either a second centerback or a second striker. That's assuming we hold on to our key players who have drawn interest from other teams.

Edited by Original 21

At AEK, Bajavic has the most say, and then Milovanovic with Poyet after. Ideally, Bajavic would piss off, and then Milovanovic can work together with Poyet to get players. Poyet can request a position and a certain type of player, Milovanovic could give him a list of options, and then Poyet decides. Our best players came from Milovanovic picking them, like Johanson Simoes Didac and Barbosa.

I think we have already built a solid foundation for Europe. I think we only need 4 players for the starting 11 to do well in the Europa league next year. A striker, a winger, a center back, and either a second centerback or a second striker. That's assuming we hold on to our key players who have drawn interest from other teams.

the biggest issue with Europa next year will be being unseeded in qualifying/play off rounds may bring you am opponent to big to overcome....

getting a Monaco or Spartak Moscow or Lille  etc may be too huge an obstacle...

Of course it's gonna take some luck in the draw for us to get back in. We haven't collected any of our own points in Europe in 5 years. (4 years we didn't qualify and 1 year we only won one game.) It's also important that we win the cup or get second place that way we only play 1 qualifying round for Europa.

In other news PAE offered two seperate contract extensions to Tzanetopoulos and he didn't respond to either. One was the day we rejected Sevillas offer for him, and the other was a few days before the game against Olympiakos. He's still under our control until 2017, but if he doesn't want to re sign then we need to sell him ASAP. We can't have another Manolas or Djebour or Tachtsidis type situation

His agent is Tsartas, a great player no doubt, but a piece of trash person. I'm 90% sure he's the reason that we haven't re signed him. We offered him a 4 year contract with around 80,000 euros per year salary on average, that's 8 times more than he makes right now.

Before, I was saying to loan him out, but if he doesn't want to re sign we should sell him in January for as much as possible because if we wait until the summer his value will go down due to his contract situation. Replace him with a top centerback for Superleague standards and play him next to Kolovetsios.

His agent is Tsartas, a great player no doubt, but a piece of trash person. I'm 90% sure he's the reason that we haven't re signed him. We offered him a 4 year contract with around 80,000 euros per year salary on average, that's 8 times more than he makes right now.

Before, I was saying to loan him out, but if he doesn't want to re sign we should sell him in January for as much as possible because if we wait until the summer his value will go down due to his contract situation. Replace him with a top centerback for Superleague standards and play him next to Kolovetsios.

80,000 or 800,000 ?  Is his wage currently 10,000 ?

They were offering him 80k with potental for more after the first year and the 80k would start this year anyway. I personally think its a good offer post-olymiako game, if I were to play devils advocate and take his form pre-olympiako into perspective i wouldn't have been mad if he asked for a counter offer of 100k.....but these guys neglected AEK all together

Too many great talents get destroyed by greedy managers. I cant blame Tsarta for looking after himself but he made a classic business mistake, he left a good offer on the table while it was warm, out of nothing but arrogance and now that offer is no longer on the table.

If players come from England I highly doubt they'll be PL players but more Championship players.....

A few names have been thrown around already but lets see what Poyet does and who he really wants.

I would be happy with 4 new signings, a CB a winger and Striker are a MUST though, we cant rely on Djebbour only as our only out and out striker