AEK Transfer Talk

george21

In the game vs Platanias, provided no more signings are made, I expect to see

........................Baroja

Galo.........Arzo..........Kolovetsios...........LB/Soiledis

........Johansson......Simoes

Aravidis...........Vargas.............Barbosa

......................Djebbour

Depth wise we are sorted in all positions bar the wing positions, provided we sign a LB.

GK: Anestis, Vouras

RB: Bakakis, Vasilantonopoulos

CB: Tzanetopoulos, Lambropoulos, Svarnas

LB: Soiledis, Petravrakis

CM:Anakoglou, Cordero, Faye

AM: Mantalos, Grontis, Zoric

R/LW: Platellas

FW: Chrisantus

As far as competition is concerned lets not get too confident. Its our first year back and PAOK is a better team than they were last year, and with a real coach this time. The gauro will surely be stronger and will probably make a bam signing before the end of the summer now that they are pocketting another 25 mil. Panathinaiko was unlucky in their CL qualifying matches and are a work horse team that will probably tire us the most.Nini also looks to be in form. Also Atromito is VERY dangerous this year, having a great team and making AIK look like scrubs. The Hraklh we faced last year has also made great additions to their squad and thei offense will be fire.

Anyone who thinks this year will be a cake walk is sadly mistaken and in for a rude awakening. Anything can happen though so lets keep our heads low and take things as they come.

@ Dikefale, theoretically even if we make just one more signing in the LB position then that gives Soiledi the freedom to move up to LW in the event that Barbosa gets injured or underperforms. I personally like him in that position and in certain games he was lethal there.

Id rather we see platella on the wing and Arava CF with Djebbour subbing in but Della will probably use your scheme. We also have Andreopoulo in DM who looked promising before his injury.

I was toying with putting Platella at RW and Arava at CF but cant see Djebbour not starting. Also Platella's pace would be a great asset to have coming off the bench in the 2nd half fresh on the wing.

Either way these are good "problems" to have.

Forgot about Soiledis ability to play at LW, I just feel his crosses are abysmal personally.

Its depends man, I think Soiledi was an important part of the team during the period last year that we were performing really well and I cant be too harsh on him considering his form pretty much fell during a period when the entire team was in a slump.

I think hes better suited to the LW possition as his defense is his weak spot. On his good days he was blowing passed people on the wing so i think he can offer more in that position with a more steady and experienced LB behind him.

In regards to the LB position we are now looking at D?dac Vil?, a Spanish left back who was just released by A.C. Milan after his contract ran out having spent the last 3 seasons on loan at Espanyol, Betis, and Eibar.

Has featured previously for all Spanish national teams, except senior, from ages 19 to 23. He is 26 years old.

Seems decent enough, could be a step up from what he have now. Talks seem to be going well, we find out more tomorrow.

He was announced on the Lierse site beforeclauses on the contract were agreed, where they wanted 500k if AEK qualified for the CL and also that Lierse held the deciding vote if he was to be sold to another side. We immediately rejected.

Bounanotte  hotting up with rumours coming in that we have made an offer.

Buonanotte would be a HUGE signing. Can you imagine the quality of the squad with a Buananote, Mandalo, Vargas trio surrounded by the quality of Galo, Bakaki, hopefully Didak,Cordero and work horse players like Johanson and Simoes?! That would instantly elevate our forwards and hopefully players like Barbosa would get the motivation they need.

Buenanotte would definitely elevate the quality of the squad though. The potential formations in themselves would be awesome to see

Buonanotte would be Platellas except with good accuracy and the ability to pass the ball.

Didac is in Greece apparently, the team could be shaping up nicely.

..............................Baroja

Galo/Bak........Arzo.........Tzan/Kolo....Didac

..............Johansson........Simoes

Vargas................Mantalos...........Buonanotte

.............Aravidis/Djebbour/Chrisantus

sFSC91L.gif

I'd say he is hoping the transfer goes through so that he is not the shortest player in the squad anymore :lol:

Platellas - 5'5

Buonanotte - 5'2

Now that I think about it we have a relatively short side, average being about 5'10 I would say.

Cordero, Barbosa, Simoes, Vargas, Anakoglou, Galo, grontis, Mantalos Bakakis, Aravidis are all 5'10 or shorter.

Not that it matters haha

who's Didak?

In regards to the LB position we are now looking at D?dac Vil?, a Spanish left back who was just released by A.C. Milan after his contract ran out having spent the last 3 seasons on loan at Espanyol, Betis, and Eibar.

Has featured previously for all Spanish national teams, except senior, from ages 19 to 23. He is 26 years old.

Seems decent enough, could be a step up from what he have now. Talks seem to be going well, we find out more tomorrow.

I am pretty impressed with AEK signing, considering they just promoted from B ethniki. Even tough we AEK and OSFP fans clash synexia I have to say these signings make AEK pretty strong, thats what I want in the Greek league. What are the salaries they are paying players like Vargas? We must remember they all slipped down the drain and thats why you had a chance to get them. But still it are good players.