Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Flouminese is doing whatever they can to cancel the deal, but we offered to pay Giovanni's release clause and we've agreed to terms with him, only he can cancel it and PAE isn't worried, they expect that he will be in Greece Thursday (or Friday, I'm not sure if they mean he's leaving Brazil Thursday or getting to Greece Thursday).

Unfortunately, Ronaldinho signing with Flouminese has made it harder for Giovanni to make up his mind, someone should tell him that he would have the chance to play with Chrisantus and Platellas...

Edited by Original 21
  • Like it 1

I apologize, it was a long night and my iPhone kept autocorrecting everything.

Giovanni's father said his son is joining AEK. His father came to Athens last week and met with Milovanovic and Aslanidis and was impressed. He also confirmed a rumor that Flouminese had Ronaldinho call Giovanni and attempt to convince him to stay.

Edited by Original 21

Alen Baroja will most likely be our next goalkeeper. He said that he's agreed to a deal with AEK and is coming soon, he's 25 years old and was the starting Goalkeeper for Venezuela in the Copa America. He's a gamble, he's never played in Europe before, I can't say I'm happy with this transfer and I see Anestis taking over the starting spot in October... Hope I'm wrong.

The Giovanni situation is a mess right now, i don't what's going on but we should look at other options that are just as good as him. He's 26, if he doesn't leave Brazil now he never will, his career won't be advanced by staying at Flouminese for 3 more years...

Still no word on the extrem, need to get him signed within the next week along with the left back and Baroja.

Reports from Venezuela and AEK365.gr say that Baroja is on a one year loan with an option to buy. For a goalkeeper that doesn't seem that good this makes the deal better for us, but I'm disappointed we didn't sign a more solid keeper that will steal us some games. The reports also say he might leave for Athens tonight.

Edited by Original 21

Cant really be impressed or unimpressed until you see them play IMO, just because theyre not household names doesnt mean they arent good, lets see how they do first before we judge.

We are a newly promoted team regardless of us being AEK or not and in Greece, not a very popular destination for footballers at the moment considering the state the country is in and the alegations of corruption in the league all over the media.

I think we need another defender and frankly if Giovanni is not interested to come - I don't want him forced here.

I think another attacking midfielder would be good. As a last resort Abdoun would be ok. I would be happier with Leo or another quality player that Milo finds.

As far as forwards, we should have grabbed Pap. Need a guy who busts his ass and scores. That's all.

I think we need another defender and frankly if Giovanni is not interested to come - I don't want him forced here.

I think another attacking midfielder would be good. As a last resort Abdoun would be ok. I would be happier with Leo or another quality player that Milo finds.

As far as forwards, we should have grabbed Pap. Need a guy who busts his ass and scores. That's all.

• Like it 1

I read that Giovanni got injured is this true? If so that will surely say he isn't coming now. Don't know why we still chasing if he hasn't got his heart set on coming to us.

Samaras in all honesty would be not a bad thing for us, lazy player but the Greek league isn't a hard league so I think he would do well for us.

I would go and get Vellios.....

Giovanni probably tore an ACL today, forget about him. Samaras is not any better than Barbosa or Platellas, makria apo tin AEK. We need to sign a starting calibre left back and an extrem that would make the difference and add another dimension to the team, so far we have no one that can beat a defender on the dribble, just a bunch of players that are great passers of the ball. Vellios signed for Iraklis, forget about him.

I didn't know Vellios signed for them thanks for letting me know. Wow they have some good strikers now Iraklis they mean business. They have this Aussie striker who has massive attitude but the kid can F***en play!!!!!!

They mean business!!!!!

I wonder where they will turn to now with no Giovanni.......

Still think we need another striker also, Djebbour aint enough and yes we have Aravidis but still need one more classy guy who can finish, surely the Balkans or Scandinavia have someone for us

Vellios is the signing we needed. We are wasting our time with players like Scocco and Giovanni. Like ive pointed out other times, the brazilian transfer market is a nightmare. He basically showed his intentions by starting for flumonense and that injury saved us from signing another whiney bitch player.