Phantis Forums

Points deducted as punishment

athinaios

I hear that they'll start taking points away from clubs for various offenses, like fan violence. As a principle this is good, because fines and games without fans haven't been a deterence.

On the other hand, I have no trust that they'll be even when applying this punishment.

I may be wrong, as I don't live in Greece, but I get the sense the fan base of football in Greece is shrinking. I think this latest round of revelations about corruption has pushed away even more fans.

Mark my words, this is what will happen:

Iraklis vs Aris for instance. It finishes 1-1 after a 91st min equaliser for Ira. Fan violence breaks out, Aris are deducted 3 points.

Next day: Aris accuse PAOK fans of buying tickets to the games and participating in the violence to get their team punished. A brand new conspiracy theory begins!

I understand what you're saying. As I'm writing this, EPO decided that Volos and Kavala won't be relegated but points will be deducted instead.

If I asked for the reasons, I'd be asking something that hasn't been exercised in Greek football: reason.

If these teams are innocent, then why the deductions?

If I was to advise the various a&holes who run teams (and apparently the whole league), I'd say that every club should have a team of associates who technically aren't legally connected to the club but will be able to buy games, bribe, extort, steal, threaten, etc.

What a bad joke this has been....

It really is ridiculous, i simply do not understand the logic! To be honest nothing in Greece seems to work efficiently, nothing! I a few weeks ago I was watching an online TV debate during the taxi strikes in Greece. The screen was split into 4 mini screens. In each section was a public figure: a politician from PASOK, ND, and two other guys. They basically spent the entire time shouting over eachohter! The viewer, in this case me, didn't understand anything! As i'm sure you guys are aware, London is being burned down at the moment and everyone is on edge in our city. A news reporter managed to pull aside two rioters and he was asking them questions about their motivations, etc. Even those 2 disgraceful animals knew to wait their turn before speaking! In Greece even the politicians act in an uncivilised manner. What's worse is that the TV station that was interviewing the politicians didn't intervene. I mean they could muted the microphone of one man while the other made his point, then they could have muted the speaker to allow the other to respond, etc. But nothing! Even the major corporations seem incapable of organising something, i'd be surprised if they could organise a prayer in a church!

I know i'm going off topic but the point of all this is to point out that with this sort of mentality at the top how can we expect anything different in wider society and in sports? Logic simply does not apply to the Superleague

Archived