Phantis Forums

Central European Referees for the Greek A League

nightsurfer

What would be different give your explanations  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What would be different give your explanations

• We would have the same balance of power as in the past because
    • The balance of powers would be different because...............
    • More spectators due to fair competition and less violence because..
    • Would the smaller or middle sized teams make more points ?
    • Salonican teams would have a better impact in the championship ?
    • Suspense would not only exist in the big derbies because.......
    • Teams would have more success in Europe due to true competition
    • More money would come to Greek Football due to clean product
    • The maniputaled Football administration is the problem not the Refs
    • Other

Guest Protathlitis

The only thing that would change would be the dignity of the greek league and referees, all the same i would like to see this: just to stop the annoying accusations

Protathlitis said it well: the one thing that would change the most would be the excuse-making.

But why are we even discussing this? According to EPO's statements (repeated many times) this is a dead issue.

Don't say me that Greek Football is healthy................and everything is just excuse making......

And as you can see there are also other choices, which touch other fields in Greek Football too.

I think that provided those referees were chosen and brought in by a respectable Greek Decision Making Team with the Assistance of the Unbiased part of UEFA then we would only lose ONLY one of the burdens plagueing our football and not with a guarantee for long lived stability in it. I suspect that after the frst 3 incidents of Team Staff entering the pitch or stupid fans (who will remain stupid even if God descends from heaven to referee a game! ) throw something, the foreign refs would politelly refuse to referee a second game and leave attaching to Greece and clubs beautiful money penalties and a threat of disqualification from every Europen Match...

I think that the solution to our problems is the realisation by presidents that there is more money in a fair and exciting championship for all in the long run and the POLITICAL decision to push towards that direction without fearing the political cost initially from large groups of fans who can alter election results if they shoft their preferences.

Hopefully the new infrastructure the big clubs now get and some smaller ones too thanks to the Olympics can provide the background for a step towards the right direction. If not for anything else, then at least for them to safeguard their investment.

We'll see

Hate to say this but maybe Greece needs a 3-4 year ban on all UEFA competitions so they can get there act together. I know that is sounds very very harsh but it happened to the English in the late 80s. All English teams where banned from UEFA competitions between 3-5 years. Dont quote me this i might not be 100% how i say it but i do know that there teams were baned. Now they have the best league in the world. Disipline is the key.

I say this now but id cry if our teams got baned from UEFA lol

I was listening the transmission "H palio parea" on EPA Spor the other night.......

They said that during the 80ies.....par example..... in a game between Panathinaikos and OFI or .... Levadiakos 55.000 to 70.000 spetators were present in the stadium......

and that nowadays Greece's average attendance is on 25th place in Europe......

The above says all .....and if the presidents were real businessmen.....so they would think differently about the product football............

• 3 weeks later...

From soccerage.com

Farsa No. 1

++

02/12/2004. Greek giants Panathinaikos have issued an official statement of ironic attitude towards referee Giorgos Kasnaferis' performance during the game against Ionikos last Sunday.

"Panathinaikos congratulates : The international referee Mr. Giorgos Kasnaferis on his performance during our match against Ionikos, the referee observer Mr. Bredas for the ranking of the referee, the Central Referees Commitee of Greek F.A. for having such superior referees in its ranks, the President of the Greek Football Association (EPO) Mr. Vassilios Gagatsis for his contribution in the progress achieved in Greek referees, the Minister of Sports Mr. Giorgos Lianis for the strict supervision of institutions.

"None of the above would have been realised, had the STATE not ensured the framework of equality and clarity, under which Greek football operates for the past years."

Refereeing in Greece is always controlled through Greek F.A. (EPO), and most of the referees fall in favour of a certain team (Olympiakos), then are promoted to becoming international referees, instead of being punished.

According to Greek media (newspapers, TV stations, web sites) in the past years, the Greek F.A. is controlled by Olympiakos president Socrates Kokkalis.

Olympiakos, dominated in domestic competition with the last seven years league titles undeserved according to annual Greek league players' votes) nevertheless failed to make any impact in the Champions League during its extended reign as Greek champion.

In most of the games in European club-level competition they become a "soft snap" for Champions League opponents and when it comes to away games they concede humiliating loses and are the only Greek team that have never won away in the lucrative European club-level competition.

In fact this year they lost 7-0 in Turin to Juventus -a new Champions League record. Last year Maccabi Haifa (who had Cyprus as their home and had never played in a Champions League competition before) won their first of the competition against Olympiakos 3-0.

In 2001-2002 it was Lille, in 2000-2001 it was Heerenveen, in 1999-2000 it was Molde.

unquote++

From Soccerage.com

Farsa No. 2

++

02/13/2004. Referee Makis Efthimiadis has been demoted to the Greek league's second division by Greek F.A.'s (EPO) Central Referee Commitee for his arbitration tactics in the AEK v Panionios game on 8 February. (AEK Athens lost 1-0).

The Central Referee Committee took Referee Yiannis Spyropoulos and assistant referees Fotiou and Arapopoulos off the rolls of Greek referees indefinitely, following their disastrous performance in Wednesday's Greek Cup game between Olympiakos and Panionios. Olympiakos won 1-0 with a gift penalty from Spyropoulos while the referee failed to see tough fouls (red- cards) by Olympiakos Kostoulas and Castillo, in which they could not play in the next difficult league game of Olympiakos at OFI Crete.

According to news sources, the "observing" referee Bletsas was present in the last Greek league game between Ionikos v Panathinaikos (Itzhak Shum's team won 2-1) and saw the referee Kasnaferis failing to see a foul on Panathinaikos goalkeeper by an Ionikos player before they scored, and also saw that the referee wrongly sent-off Panathinaikos' Mankus Munch. Despite all of these he gave 8,8 points to Kasnaferis. The Central Referee Commitee also took him off the rolls indefinitely. The Commitee soon will decide for Kasnaferis.

It looks like referee Zografos who arbitrated the last Greek league game between Olympiakos and Xanthi -the Piraeus team won 4-1, many believe thanks to him- will also face disciplinary action.

++

Archived