Phantis Forums

Ant1 Pacific now on UBI WORLD TV

Ant1 Pacific now ON AIR on Channel 5 along with Ant1 FM on Channel 14 Radio

http://www.ubiworldtv.com/languages/greek.html Price will now be $69.95 for full Greek Package.

And Al a Carte Options are Ant1 Pacific for $29,95 or Mega Cosmos for $24.95 both these comes with ERT World, 4E and Al Jazeera English plus the Greek Radio channels http://www.ubiworldtv.com/packages/greek/alacarte.html

Ant1 Pacific now ON AIR on Channel 5 along with Ant1 FM on Channel 14 Radio

http://www.ubiworldtv.com/languages/greek.html Price will now be $69.95 for full Greek Package.

And Al a Carte Options are Ant1 Pacific for $29,95 or Mega Cosmos for $24.95 both these comes with ERT World, 4E and Al Jazeera English plus the Greek Radio channels http://www.ubiworldtv.com/packages/greek/alacarte.html

It's nice to get everything on 1 platform there in Australia. I wish we were so lucky here in the states.

That is great news for everyone in Australia! After years of Ant1 doing their own thing in the Australian market, it joins the same platform as the rest of the channels. Any specific reason for their sudden change in heart? ;) The prices seem high though.

As of today's exchange rate (Jun 10), 1 US dollar = approx. 95 Australian cents.

The prices in US dollars would be the following:

Complete package: $73.81

ANT1 Pacific: $31.61

MEGA Cosmos: $26.33

Those prices are pretty steep. If I lived there, complete package would be the only option to go. The prices on the a-la-carte channels are ridiculous. At least they get radio channels we don't get and they get MAD World something we were promised over 4 years ago on their website and still nothing.

Wow, it looks like Greek channel changes have spread to Australia now. :D

I wonder what prompted the move to UBI World TV for ANT1?! I guess they finally realized that they would make more money if they joined the rest of the channels at UBI instead of going it alone?!

With this move to UBI World TV, I wonder if ANT1 Prime will show up in Australia at some point?! Also, I noticed that they don't carry Rythmos FM & NovaSPORT FM, I guess those stations are not available down under?!

The prices on the a-la-carte channels are ridiculous.

I would agree and also add that the complete package price is also ridiculously expensive. There is no way I would pay 73 bucks for that package, especially with the crappy programming that most of these channels air these days.

The a la carte prices are just plain crazy IMO?! :blink: For me $15 a month is too much for one channel but $31 is simply mind blowing.

Kolossos, any idea why the heck this service is so expensive in Australia?! I would wager that the UBI is to blame- either they are greedy and are charging way too much for their service OR they overpaid to get the rights to these channels and are now trying to recoup the costs by charging exorbitant sums?!

Wow, it looks like Greek channel changes have spread to Australia now.  :D

I wonder what prompted the move to UBI World TV for ANT1?!  I guess they finally realized that they would make more money if they joined the rest of the channels at UBI instead of going it alone?!

With this move to UBI World TV, I wonder if ANT1 Prime will show up in Australia at some point?!  Also, I noticed that they don't carry Rythmos FM & NovaSPORT FM, I guess those stations are not available down under?!

We don't get Rythmos or Novasport Radios but have 14 other radio channels so I think there not really needed :)

I can't remember a time when the USA had all channels on one platform so not sure what the price difference would be if there were all on one platform it might be abit cheaper there by a few dollars but not much.

Home2US full package is : $46.99

Dish Network : $24.99

So I think it would be very similar if you have the same situation there.

It would be approx. $72.00-so you're right Kolossos it would be about the same price also if everything here was on 1 platform.

Before December 1st 2006 everything was on Dish Network but there was no Alpha or Star over here at that time.

Archived