Phantis Forums

Iraklis are relegated!

Irlandos

This is ridiculous. I don't know why the teams participate in this corrupt league.

So, now who's taking Ira's place?

I don't know the details of why Ira went down and why Panionios stayed up, but if you aren't paying your players you deserve to be relegated. Otherwise all the small clubs will sign big names, survive in a relegation battle but not pay their players. That will doom more honourable clubs that did play by the rules and signed players within the financial means, as well as further ruin the reputation of our league internationally. When players report our clubs to FIFA for not being paid that is certainly more damaging to reputation of the Greek league than hooliganism is, yet everyone is quick to say "hooliganism has to stop because big players won't take our league seriously". If we want the league cleaned up then this step had to be taken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Iraklis were relegated to the C' Division for ignoring rules and submitting their law suits in a civil court.

The matter is further complicated as Iraklis have refused to submit tax papers to EPO. This means the historic Salonica club cannot participate in any professional league and will be demoted to the D' Division. :blink:

devastating news to see a team with such rich history play amateur football...at the same time, i dont know how true the allegations are, but if they broke the rules, they should be punished accordingly. we need to rid of corner cutting and back stage dealings in order to resurrect the league. we cannot let teams to go against the rules an get away with it.

my only concern is that these rules must apply to all of the clubs, not just the "smaller" ones...

i am still sad to see a team like irakli basically go into non-existance. i hope they can rise above it and persevere. interestingly enough, paok have been relegated only twice in their history, once in 1980 for match fixing and one now...

Archived