Phantis Forums

Malta - Greece

Irlandos

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the last meeting we had with them in Malta was a tough game and we needed a dodgy penalty after Torosidis dived. So i'm nervous about this game. There's alot to lose and little to gain and with the news that we'll be starting with 2 central midfielders: Karagounis and Katsouranis i'm now even more nervous. Karagounis is finished in that position and Katsouranis is lazy. If we get out worked in centre-mid and they score first we are in serious trouble

Karagounis can still inspire the team even if he has slowed down and has lost the powerful shot he once had.

What are they expecting from Katsouranis??? :huh:

rumours in the media are that we'll play 4-2-3-1 with Karagounis in a holding midfield area but he'll be expected to get forward to fill the hole that the central player in the 3 leaves (Lybe) as he pushes up to support Salpi.

This is an unworkable system. We saw how bad it was when Karagounis was expected to do that in the first home game we played and that ended up causing us to drop points. He just doesn't have the energy levels anymore. Bring him on in the last 10 mins in place of Lybe, much like Yakin did for the Swiss as he got older. However he simply can't play for 90 mins anymore, in any position, let alone in central midfield. I have a bad feeling about this game and the group in general.

i completely agree but the news said we'll be playing 4-2-3-1 with Tzorvas in goal, torosidis and tzavellas the full back. Avraam at centre back with one of moras or sokratis. The two holding midfielders will be katsouranis and karagounis. The 3 attacking mids will be Ninis, Lybe and Samaras with Salpi up front on his own

It's over - Croatia falls to Georgia 1-0. Big opportunity for us.... With Mr. Weinerscnitzel gone, we might actually do the unexpected and not play down to the level of an inferior team and leap frog to the top of the table....

It's over - Croatia falls to Georgia 1-0. Big opportunity for us.... With Mr. Weinerscnitzel gone, we might actually do the unexpected and not play down to the level of an inferior team and leap frog to the top of the table....

That's great news!

Let's see what we can do!

For live streams, check here: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...070∂=sports

Do keep in mind that most links will start working only shortly before the game, and that you may need 3rd party software for some of those links to work. You'll have to try some of them out. Alternatively check the link in my signature. Enjoy!

Look at Karagounis just walking around. no urgency, nothing. He's running less than Katsouranis. It looks like Samaras is having a lazy day again too. Unless Toro or Salpi take it upon themselves we can forget top spot in the group.

Whether we win or not, our approach in this game has been a disgrace already.

Archived