Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

• 3 weeks later...

The leasing option is 9.99 a month for 24 months but there is also a 50.00 fee up front, making the total amount 289.76. Hopefully the Roku option will be available soon.

I am sick and tired with Home2US receivers. My TV Plus one which I thought it was the best of all does not work anymore. And of course Home2Us is saying that they only support theirs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally I gave up and order the EllasTV box. It should be comming any day now. I am getting rid of the Greek Elite Pack on Dish and The MEGA from Home2US. For the same money I can get the family pack and no 2nd dish on my yard.

They said they have the Greek channels at their regular time as well as with an 8 hour delay.

Finally I gave up and order the EllasTV box. It should be comming any day now. I am getting rid of the Greek Elite Pack on Dish and The MEGA from Home2US. For the same money I can get the family pack and no 2nd dish on my yard.

They said they have the Greek channels at their regular time as well as with an 8 hour delay.

The EllasTV box and serves is nice, lots off channels very good video nice menu.

DKSat

DKSat,

Could you post a list of the channels that Ellas TV offers so those who might be interested have an idea of what exactly they carry since Ellas TV refuse to post a channel lineup?!

According to this particular Ellas TV website, (www.ellastv.tv) it appears they carry the complete channel lineup from Nova in Greece- WTH?! :huh: There are channel logos at the bottom of the page for almost all the Greek channels Nova offers except for ANT1 as well as several specialty services which I am quite sure cannot be offered outside of Greece but what do I know?!

At the top of the page however it mentions 4E, MEGA Cosmos, PIK Sat & Star International- so which channels do they actually offer?!

I don't know how those guys calculate time delay but they have really screwed up here. The idea I would think, in an 8 hour delay, it is to watch NOW something that was literally broadcasted live in Greece 8 hours ago. For example at 10:00 pm eastern today Thursday you should watch the 2:00pm eastern show = 9:00pm Greek time right? Wrong! Instead at 10:00 pm eastern I am watching the 2:00 pm Greek Afternoon News.

In essense the actual time delay is 15 hours. But they figure 2:00 pm Greek time + 8 hours = 10 pm eastern.

This is like insisting that a Delta flight from Athens to New York City leaving Athens 1:00 pm local time and arriving in New York at 5:00 pm also local time takes only 4 hours!!!

Comments to follow on the receiver, channel line up, remote etc.

I'm a bit confused. I thought the channels were live and they also had the satellite versions for the North American audience. The most confusing part of all is the lack of channel lineup that tells you exactly what you get with the $30 a month version.

I will be swiching to family pack shortly and I promise I will list all the channels.

At the moment I have the MEGA pack which is 19.99 plus 9.99 for the leasing option. I get:

1. MEGA Cosmos - the sound and picture are not in sunc at the moment. Picture quality is slightly worst than the Home2US satellite feed. Having both at the moment I can tell you that the EllasTV Mega Cosmos is at least 20 seconds delay from the Home2US

2. MEGA Channel. Straight from Greece in real time. Picture and sound quality is really good.

3. MEGA Channel Delay. Same as MEGA Channel although you see the programs with a 15 hour delay not 8 hour.

4. MEGA Cyprus. Same problems as MEGA Cosmos. Picture and sound quality worst than MEGA Cosmos.

5. Radio KIMA. A music channel that is just music.

More later tonight.

Thanks for the info addynia, it's frustrating that this service can't just post all the necessary information on their website.

I thought the point of time delay was to be able to watch the programs at the times they are broadcast in Greece. For example the program Mega Channel broadcast at 9PM Greek time would be shown at 9 PM Eastern time on the time delay channel. At least that is what I always thought was meant by "time delay". With the way it is set up now, it sounds like prime time shows are broadcast in the middle of the night on the time delay channel?! Whats the point of that?

What is the point of all these different versions of Mega?! I still don't understand why they offer the domestic versions direct from Greece- is this for European viewers as these channels are useless IMO for North Americans due to the time difference?!

I suspect the reason no one will reveal what channels they offer is because the lineup probably changes frequently due to not all of the channels being legal. I noticed they have made some changes to their website, however when you try and click on one of the packaging options to get more info nothing happens?!

It appears to me the only channels they offer for sure are MEGA Cosmos, Star International, PIK Sat & 4E. I don't see ERT World, which is a must for me and I am sure many others.

1. MEGA COSMOS,

2. MEGA CHANNEL

3. MEGA CYPRUS

4. STAR

5. STAR INTERNATIONAL

6. ET3

7. ET1

8. NET

9. ANT1

10. ANT1 EUROPE

11. RIK CYPRUS

13. ALPHA

14. SKAI

15. KANALI VOULIS

16. 4E

17. TELE ASTY

18. 902

19. E!

20. DISNEY CHANNEL

21. DISNEY XD

22. KONTRA CHANNEL

23. MTV

24. BBC One HD

33. Balcanian Music TV

34. MAD TV

35. NICKELODEON

36. MAD GreekZ

37. ZOUGLA LIVE

38. ELLADA TV

39. BOOMERANG Greece

40. CATROON NETWORK

41. MAKEDONIA TV

42. TRAVAL CHANNEL EUROPE

48. RYTHMOS 94.9

49. NEXUS PRODUCTIONS RADIO

51. RADIO KIMA

55. MEGA CHANNEL DELAYED

56. ANT1 DELAYED

57. ALPHA CHANNEL DELAYED

58. STAR CHANNEL DELAYED

59. SKAI CHANNEL DELAYED

60. DISNEY CHANNEL DELAYED

61. DISNEY XD DELAYED

64. ELLAS CINEMA PREMIUM 1 DELAYED

65. ELLAS CINEMA PREMIUM 2 DELAYED

80. CNN EUROPE

81. TNT EUROPE

200. WBBM CHICAGO CBS

201. WMAQ CHICAGO NBC

202. WLS CHICAGO ABC

203 WGN CHICAGO THE CW

204 WCUI CHICAGO THE U

205 WFLD CHICAGO FOX

-----------------------------------------------

There you have it. Is it worth the $49.00 per month?

My next posting will have the details and my opinion on that.

The new Hellas tv IPTV box is nice very good video no break ups and fast channel changer.

DKSat

Do we have the same box DKSat? I aggree the good video in some of the channels but there are a lot of break ups and very slow channel changer.

1. MEGA COSMOS,

2. MEGA CHANNEL

3. MEGA CYPRUS

4. STAR

5. STAR INTERNATIONAL

6. ET3

7. ET1

8. NET

9. ANT1

10. ANT1 EUROPE

11. RIK CYPRUS

13. ALPHA

14. SKAI

15. KANALI VOULIS

16. 4E

17. TELE ASTY

18. 902

19. E!

20. DISNEY CHANNEL

21. DISNEY XD

22. KONTRA CHANNEL

23. MTV

24. BBC One HD

33. Balcanian Music TV

34. MAD TV

35. NICKELODEON

36. MAD GreekZ

37. ZOUGLA LIVE

38. ELLADA TV

39. BOOMERANG Greece

40. CATROON NETWORK

41. MAKEDONIA TV

42. TRAVAL CHANNEL EUROPE

48. RYTHMOS 94.9

49. NEXUS PRODUCTIONS RADIO

51. RADIO KIMA

55. MEGA CHANNEL DELAYED

56. ANT1 DELAYED

57. ALPHA CHANNEL DELAYED

58. STAR CHANNEL DELAYED

59. SKAI CHANNEL DELAYED

60. DISNEY CHANNEL DELAYED

61. DISNEY XD DELAYED

64. ELLAS CINEMA PREMIUM 1 DELAYED

65. ELLAS CINEMA PREMIUM 2 DELAYED

80. CNN EUROPE

81. TNT EUROPE

200. WBBM CHICAGO CBS

201. WMAQ CHICAGO NBC

202. WLS CHICAGO ABC

203 WGN CHICAGO THE CW

204 WCUI CHICAGO THE U

205 WFLD CHICAGO FOX

There you have it. Is it worth the $49.00 per month?

My next posting will have the details and my opinion on that.

LOL no wonder they dont list those channels on there site alot of them abit iffy that they are actually allowed to broadcast them ie BBC One HD and all of the NOVA Greece channels....