Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

Is ELLAS TV closing down  ? apparently do not have the rights  !!!!!

public records here 

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2lmy4gv2k/new-york-eastern-district-court/ellas-tv-inc-et-al-v-titan-television-llc-et-al/

I will loose my Novasports :(

The files are behind a paywall, but it looks like the lawsuit was initiated by ELLAS TV against TITAN for "Fraud or Truth-In-Lending", not the other way around. Titan controls the international rights for MEGA COSMOS, ALPHA SAT, STAR INTERNATIONAL, 4E & RIK SAT. This isn't the first time people from TITAN are involved in a lawsuit over these channels....

Without being able to look at the files/complaints, at worst, my guess is they would loose any international version of these channels.... TITAN is the least of their worries......

By the way, TITAN also used to list SKAI and EPSILON as rights they control, now they are mysteriously gone from their website......

Edited by Grk101
  • Like it 1

Here in Canada they advertise that they have the rights to all stations they broadcast, not that I care but if they don't sooner all later will loose the sport stations

Thanks .

Yes you are right Titan had the right to mega cosmos as far as I know. And maybe partners at some point in the past with EllasTV ...and  something went wrong there .

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Friday my uncle in Chicago got a letter for DISHNETWORK order them to pay 3000 US for illegally watching their greek DISHNETWORK channels from ELLASTV and to contact their lawyer in California ....how did they get my uncles name ? here in Canada they can't touch us...

did anybody else got this letter in the states ?

Edited by greekstream

Friday my uncle in Chicago got a letter for DISHNETWORK order them to pay 3000 US for illegally watching their greek DISHNETWORK channels from ELLASTV and to contact their lawyer in California ....how did they get my uncles name ? here in Canada they can't touch us...

did anybody else got this letter in the states ?

I don't get why they would go after your uncle and not the source.  Doesn't make sense.

After the poor Greeks got the letters from dishnework to pay up

ellasTV  got a letter too...it is a classic method that dish has used before to scare people; they did it before when people where using hacked dish cards back in 2000 to watch their programming , some people get scared and pay , some fight it and win , but what a hassle.. my question I have no idea how they got the names from EllasTV ?

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2016cv04813/325986

DISH Network L.L.C. v. Ellas TV, Inc. et al

Plaintiff: DISH Network L.L.C.

Defendant: Ellas TV, Inc. and Mario Pappas

Case Number: 1:2016cv04813

Filed: April 29, 2016

Court: Illinois Northern District Court

Office: Chicago Office

County: Cook

Presiding Judge: Manish S. Shah

Nature of Suit: Cable/Satellite TV

Cause of Action: Civil Miscellaneous Case

Jury Demanded By: None

by the way my uncle canceled the sub and is disputing echo...

Edited by greekstream

It appears it is over SPORT PLUS, which DISH has exclusive rights to.

Just find out that antenna / Antenna Satellite based  from NewYork they are suing them also ..

Anyway he has made a lot of money and I think he can fight them off , NOT so sure for Dish....They are strong, .....but anyway they only asking  back 110000 for each subscriber he currently  has :) for losses.

Yes you are right  it looks like is over the SPORTPLUS station .

Good Luck , and i need to be  prepared to look around for new provider , my gut feeling he is going to make it because he is a KARABINATOS ....apate...nas  like very well pointed earlier in this forum by another member ;the kind of person perfect for this line of work.

and Again If we are talking about the same guy that used to own The CD store in Chicago that is the owner for EllasTV.

He has been in this kind of situation with the law numerous times. he is bullet proof :)

I forgot...to mention ..

Be careful of ZAAPTV they are currently working with ELLASTV on the satellite stations they apparently  they are authorized from EllasTV to support and sale Megacasmos etc... all Greek American satellite stations witch means if you buy their boxes.... that are  prepaid and usually last for 1 + year ....you may loose sooner then you think the stations if the outcome from ellastv / dish court proves to be negative.

FUNNY how life turns around people........... ELLASTV had sued ZAAPTV  back in 2010  over those stations , that must say something for both owners  this days......

Edited by greekstream

and Again If we are talking about the same guy that used to own The CD store in Chicago that is the owner for EllasTV.

Yes Mario Pappas is the same guy that ran the CD store and Ellas TV.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...