Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

I don't really want to debate the legality on this. I will look the other way and have the channel providers worry about this. The problem is that live Greek channels are of no use to me because when I come home from work, it is midnight in Greece and nothing but infomercials and american shows will be on. The delayed concept is interesting but 15 hours behind is too much.

Gyros is right, just look the other way and have the channel providers worry .

Ellas TV just popped up and they are here to stay.

The future for the Greek channels is IPTV.

DKSat

Edited by DKSat

I think that's easier said than done for some. It would suck spending all that money on a set top box, then having the channels yanked if the providers get into trouble. Sure there is the Roku option (is that out yet?), but to my understanding it is best to have the Ellas TV box to take full advantage of all that they offer. (like video on demand)

Whats the difference between that and the $30 package.

Going off the description on their site and what addynia wrote earlier about the Mega pack, I would guess the 30 dollar basic pack includes the different versions of Mega and Star channels. Edited by Grk101

I think that's easier said than done for some. It would suck spending all that money on a set top box, then having the channels yanked if the providers get into trouble.

Exactly my point, why waste money on a service that could potentially not have the rights to all the channels it offers which means that some day you might wake up and see that many of the channels are gone?! To each his own I guess but I prefer to subscribe to a service I know is legit and will not be gone tomorrow or will keep changing the lineup of channels it offers.

You guys can debate all you want whether the service is legit or if IPTV is the future of Greek TV.

All I care at the moment is the service itself since I decided to try it out for a month and see what happens. I have the option to return the box after a month and get the $50.00 I have paid for the receiver. Of course there is no refund for the shipping and handling or for the $50.00 for the family package that I am currently subscribing.

The picture quality on the direct channels is very good and the sound in sync with the video. Unfortunately MEGA COSMOS the one I really care about the video and sound is not in sync and other channels, RIK SAT, MEGA Cyprus and a couple of others seem to have the same problem.

As far as the Delayed version of the channels they would be a nice feature as long as they kept the 8 hour delay they claim to have. Today Sunday MEGA delayed was playing its Saturday program. ALPHA seemed to be ok but you never know what tomorrow brings.

As far as the receiver, I am sorry to say but it is the worst ever receiver I have ever had to use of any device. Where do I start? You press a button for any function and you literally have to wait at least 5 seconds before you see the change by which time you have forgotten what you pressed. Pressing the Enter button while watching a channel brings up the list of the channels so you can navigate to the one you want. No matter what channel you are watching if always brings the list from the beginning. The Page Up and Page Down buttons do not work. Most of time when the list comes up the up and down buttons do not work due to the fact that no item from the list was selected so you can navigate.

Some of the Channels do have program guide, MEGA ANT1 ALPHA SKAI etc. but to get there you have to press the EPG button on the remote. Once you do that the channel disappears and then the delayed UI takes over and it’s a pain to get back to the channel you were watching. You can only view the guide only one channel at a time, there is no GRID type TV Guide with all the channels listed for easy navigation.

Really disappointed with the whole thing.

First and foremost thank you for your purchases and comments.

The comments that addynia has made were not offended, we like feedback from our customers to be able to improve and relate what can be fixed & keeping the customers satisfied....

How do you feel when satellite has all these problems with many content providers, For example look at Direct TV, loosing Viacom .... Turn your Direct TV ... and who do you see Mark White asking for customers of Directv to call and complain why no Nick, MTV, Etc..... Blaming Viacom, that its there fault .... Being in this business and one of the engineers of Ellas TV, I deal with TV broadcasters all day long about numbers, quality, and projections of the future...

Something you didn't know probably.

I would like to educate you.... Most of the TV networks are tied in with these satellite companies, because they have been promising them the world, and when it comes time after 5 years with millions of subscribers, The TV networks ask for negotiations 2 pennies on a customer is to much ... Its like making a deal with the devil ....

All broadcasters are moving to IPTV, they are not looking for monopolies anymore, Rokus, Google TV, Vizio, Smart TV cause there getting a lot of heat from the government, how much are you selling your TV rights to Satellite, taking everyone else out of the picture...

Dish world iptv a division of Dish Network, were not dumb they knew the end would come for satellite broadcasters and law suits are here. So they move into IPTV exclusive on ROKU International Programming in North America....

Thats where wheverTv sits another Greek IPTV provider. what are they going to do, they need to handshake with the devil..... Or they lose there channels on ROKU...

Look at NOVA perfect example $75 a subscription in Greece, government got involved and told NOVA, you need to step up with the future.... and guess what Nova Eppegia comes out for as low as $9.99 (that is IPTV for NOVA by the way)

These satellite companies are called sharks

There is so much out there internal, but no need for all the spilled beans ...

The bottom line is this especially since were Greek.....

Don't be to concerned who has what.... oh does ellas tv have rights to this that ...

or there going under, one day turn on TV and see channels missing ... blah blah blah

Remember one thing channels missing mean TV broadcasters arent happy.

Lets stay as a team, and not worry about politics and non sense. Enjoy your Greek TV, let the new generation learn the language... be connected to your home town

I am not saying come with Ellas TV, you can make that decision

Go with the underground IPTV companies, like MYTV and Greekiptv, try everything out see what you like best ....

Example Zaap TV, wow what happened to them, basically they took your money gave you service for 2 years, and now there done, asking you to buy another box called Max, and pay another $500 .... Really you remember the days of the black box, guess what same thing ... but in IPTV

Lets stick together

Also commenting on the box....

The box is fast maybe some customers do not have the proper internet connection to view the content ....

Other IPTV providers would say require internet connection 1.5 mbps, I can assure you these companies are fly by and not legit content, we are not concerned about other IPTV companies out there, For example MYTV, Greekiptv, and many others ....

Our technical staff here at Ellas will not tell you that..

We would say minimum of 7mbps and recommend Time Warner, Comcast, Cox, Brightpoint for a fast Broadband Internet connection int he U.S.

We stand behind our product and development, and are only improving our network.

As far as the delay channels, we apologize for the timing not being the same For the U.S. but we are finalizing each country to have there delay channels in there time zone. So yes U.S.A. will be 8 hours difference. We are done with all testing and will be updated by July 20, 2012.

So next time you check Mega, Star, Skai, Alpha, and all other major Greek channels you will have the delay timing correct.....

Also there are more features that are being tested on the new box...

Which is catchup tv... You will be able to go back 14 days on various channels from Greece.

As far as EPG is concerned if customers arent happy we will change it to the liking of the customer.

When people say we are private and and not legit or unanswered questions...

The reason is not from hiding because were fly by night, its because our engineers are working closely with 90% of all content from Greece, to switch them over to IPTV even in there own platforms, in there own country, the broadcasters do not want to be hostages anymore to satellites, think about all Greek Channels have updated there websites making it very nice and presentable to Greek viewers, shouldnt Nova, OTE TV and other providers be upset... think about it ...

Our platform is solid we are not hiding from anyone.

The bottom line is to try it out....

If you dont like will take it back, no problem

Rest assure there are many surprises coming to Ellas TV platform,

Dont be surprised when going into a Germanos in Greece or a kotsovoulos, and its mandatory to get Ellas TV built in your TV. Hint Hint

All comments and questions are welcome

[email protected]

Thank you once again for your support

The box is fast maybe SOME customers do not have the proper internet connection to view the content ....

Apparently I am not the only one.

I have a 35 mbit connection with the only other device running in the house is a laptop. I never claimed that I had a problem with the connection or that the picture of the channels have any problem or that the picture freezes.

I just said that some of the channels (MEGA COSMOS, STAR INTERNATIONAL, MEGA CYPRUS, RIK SAT and a couple of others have a video - sound sync problem.

Either fix the problem or don't offer the channels in the package.

Which is catchup tv... You will be able to go back 14 days on various channels from Greece.

As far as EPG is concerned if customers arent happy we will change it to the liking of the customer.

Instead of developing/testing new features why don't you spent time fixing the existing ones first.

The EPG does need some work. A simple channel/time grid will be perfect.

Dont be surprised when going into a Germanos in Greece or a kotsovoulos, and its mandatory to get Ellas TV built in your TV. Hint Hint

Are you saying that we would have to get a TV from Kostovolos in Greece and bring it here in the US in order to watch our Greek channels? :)

Look at NOVA perfect example $75 a subscription in Greece, government got involved and told NOVA, you need to step up with the future.... and guess what Nova Eppegia comes out for as low as $9.99 (that is IPTV for NOVA by the way)

If Nova Eppegia( IPTV for Nova) costs $9.99 why does ELLAS TV cost $49.99?

I have been with Dish Network since 2001. I never had a problem with them and surely if MEGA had not made the worst mistake by leaving them we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with and everyone would be happy.

And speaking of Dish Network for $24.99 you get all the channels you need, except MEGA of course but still with DVR capabilities and so on. So where is the "shark" part coming into this?

A Dish Techician could be in my house the next day, free of charge, and fix any technical problem I might have. Would you ever have a technician come out for support? When I called and mentioned the MEGA COSMOS issue, the answer I got was "Hm that's strange, I am watching it here and it works fine".

I am a software engineer and this is like saying to a Quality Assurance person that failed one of your items, "Oh it works on my computer". That's actually a inside developer's joke!

I can leave with the Receiver / Remote issues but the video/sound sync problem would have to be fixed. And please display the channel number currently selected on the receiver, or have a display button that shows some information on the screen at least!

The box is fast maybe SOME customers do not have the proper internet connection to view the content ....

Apparently I am not the only one.

I have a 35 mbit connection with the only other device running in the house is a laptop. I never claimed that I had a problem with the connection or that the picture of the channels have any problem or that the picture freezes.

I just said that some of the channels (MEGA COSMOS, STAR INTERNATIONAL, MEGA CYPRUS, RIK SAT and a couple of others have a video - sound sync problem.

Either fix the problem or don't offer the channels in the package.

Instead of developing/testing new features why don't you spent time fixing the existing ones first.

The EPG does need some work. A simple channel/time grid will be perfect.

Are you saying that we would have to get a TV from Kostovolos in Greece and bring it here in the US in order to watch our Greek channels? :)

If Nova Eppegia( IPTV for Nova) costs $9.99 why does ELLAS TV cost $49.99?

I have been with Dish Network since 2001. I never had a problem with them and surely if MEGA had not made the worst mistake by leaving them we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with and everyone would be happy.

And speaking of Dish Network for $24.99 you get all the channels you need, except MEGA of course but still with DVR capabilities and so on. So where is the "shark" part coming into this?

A Dish Techician could be in my house the next day, free of charge, and fix any technical problem I might have. Would you ever have a technician come out for support? When I called and mentioned the MEGA COSMOS issue, the answer I got was "Hm that's strange, I am watching it here and it works fine".

I am a software engineer and this is like saying to a Quality Assurance person that failed one of your items, "Oh it works on my computer". That's actually a inside developer's joke!

I can leave with the Receiver / Remote issues but the video/sound sync problem would have to be fixed. And please display the channel number currently selected on the receiver, or have a display button that shows some information on the screen at least!

Totally agree with you! :tup:

have you called tech support to help you

Also your saying you have 35mpbs is that fios or uverse

Cause if it is we call those companies DSL on steroids, not an actual Fiber Optic Line

Also I was saying about kotsovoulos and Germanos for Greek customers in Greece, not in U.S.A.

More questions and comments are welcome

As far as time shifted channels they should be live by tonight Greek time at 11 P.M.

What Addynia is trying to say is that those channels have LIP sync problem, the audio is not sync when the people are talking.

Are you trying to say that Verizon Fios is not fiber, MEGALE you are totally wrong i have Fios and the serves is 100% fiber.

DKSat

Fios is OK

Time Warner is better, cause the backbone of Ellas TV is on a Dark Fiber Network

Our partners are

Comcast

Time Warner

Cox

Brightpoint

Those are the recommended certified channels

Im thinking the lyp sync shes talking about Mega Cosmos maybe shes watching Australian Mega Cosmos

There are 2 on the platform

We have both available

And dont forget if theres an older show playing on mega cosmos now that its summer quality varies on the programs

We need specific channels having issues and I will have Techs look at it.

Alright I have a few questions then since you seem to be trying to answer them. (Some of which that I think have been asked over and over again without a solid answer)

What is your bandwidth usage rate per hour? For example Netflix publicly claims that 1 hour of SD streaming from their site consumes around 1 GB.

Is it true that you have to pay for a second subscription (albeit not as much) if you want a second stream in your home?

Why don't you list every channel you carry publicly on your website? In all honesty, it doesn't help your image of being a legitimate business currently.

Other IPTV providers would say require internet connection 1.5 mbps, I can assure you these companies are fly by and not legit content, we are not concerned about other IPTV companies out there, For example MYTV, Greekiptv, and many others ....

Our technical staff here at Ellas will not tell you that..

We would say minimum of 7mbps and recommend Time Warner, Comcast, Cox, Brightpoint for a fast Broadband Internet connection int he U.S.

It is funny, I don't think you or I would call Dish World IPTV a non legitimate company, but they also suggest "High-speed Internet connection of at least 1.0 Mbps (1.5 Mbps or higher is recommended)" on their site....

The LIP sync problem start when converting a PAL signal European tv standard to NTSC North America tv standard. By not using commercial MPEG2/4 PAL to NTSC conversion receivers, and using consumer conversion receivers you will always get the LIP sync problem.

DKSat

Tech Support is available 24/7

1.877. 246.4788

[email protected]

Skype Name: ellastv

I called tech support a couple weeks ago inquiring about Roku. On your website it says that its available to Roku but the tech support person I called had no idea. What is the status of Roku

we have roku available as a private channel...

Cause in North America Roku's International rights are given to Dish World IPTV ...

And no mega is not going there, Im sure that would have been your next question

The private channel is called

ellastvroku

we have roku available as a private channel...

Cause in North America Roku's International rights are given to Dish World IPTV ...

I admit I am not familiar AT ALL with the specifics on how Roku operates, but if what you say is true then how is WhereverTV on Roku? In fact they are listed right on their website under international (as Ελληνικ Edited by Grk101

Alright I have a few questions then since you seem to be trying to answer them. (Some of which that I think have been asked over and over again without a solid answer)

What is your bandwidth usage rate per hour? For example Netflix publicly claims that 1 hour of SD streaming from their site consumes around 1 GB.

Why don't you list every channel you carry publicly on your website? In all honesty, it doesn't help your image of being a legitimate business currently.

I would like an answer to these questions as well. I noticed you have yet to answer Grk101's questions- is there some reason for that?! These are legitimate inquiries about your service and if you are a legitimate provider then there should be no problem providing us with some answers.

Even though you might not care, there are many out there in the US and Canada who might be interested in your service but are constrained by bandwidth caps that many ISP's are putting on the packages they offer. For those of us that are not millionaires and cannot afford the really expensive internet packages which might offer unlimited usage, is there some way to be able to sign up for Ellas TV and enjoy it without having to constantly monitor our usage so we don't go over our cap and pay untold penalties??

First of all it's a HE not a SHE but that's ok I guess my user name does sound female as it should since it's derived from my two daughers (Addy and Nia).

Επι του προκειμενου:

I have MEGA COSMOS with Home2US since it moved there. I have used 4 different receivers, TV Plus, the next one I can't remember its name then the Home2US one plus another one (Openbox S10) that I bought myself. I never had a problem with any of them as far as the LIP Sync problem I am experiencing with the Hellas TV one.

I beleive if I had a problem with the internet connection that would affect all channels not only MEGA COSMOS.

Now I see that both MEGA COSMOS N. America and MEGA COSMOS Australia are broadcasted. Again both they have the same problem.

If others don't have the same problem then it might be the receiver but according to their website there are no returns so I am stuck.

We have no one complaining about the lyp sync....

So that is new to me

Also to answer your question about the bandwith capping

I know comcast, time warner, cox, cablevision do not have a cap

I know Verizon and ATT Uverse do but i dont know how much they go with it

We have many customers that watch TV 24/7 religiously

And they been on the service over a year we never heard any customers complaining about there bill be abnormal.

Also since were partners with these companies we can see the customers bills that we signed up and I have yet to see 1 overage charge

Also the question about roku

We were not interested in the beginning for that platform until we had a 20% new customer survey they would like to see it ...

So we added it to Roku ... But for Ellas TV in North America it was too late ... As far as Where ever TV they are getting pulled very soon unless they sign with Dish World, but they cannot Third party license .... So the answer is NO Greek On Roku.

But we are working with other platforms

Check out the platforms

www.ellatv2go.com

All questions & comments are welcome

Also to answer your question about the bandwith capping

I know comcast, time warner, cox, cablevision do not have a cap

I am from Canada not the USA- here ALL major internet providers and most of the smaller ones have these stupid bandwidth caps- anything that can be done for us who are stuck under this system of restricted usage?! Also, you did not answer the question, Grk101 asked what the bandwidth usage is for your service, we are still waiting for that information....