Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

I was charged from “GREEKTV AMERICA INC” and they sent out a paper statement/receipt marked as paid on Greek TV America letterhead from California. (Where EWN is based) It seems like a confusing set up, but as I understand it, and I could be wrong, GMG had teamed up with EWN to create a new platform (Greek TV-America) which would be run, marketed, etc. by EWN/their new subsidiary Greek TV-America, and Home2US was providing the hosting. But now it appears something went wrong with the EWN deal, and they are looking for a new partner for the platform. (Or as GMG claim someone is buying them out...)

This is why I'm hesitant to become a subscriber. GMG is highly suspect.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like GMG updated their site. They now list all the channels on Home2US, EllasTV, and some of them on this other company WhereverTV.

Interesting development,

They now list Home2US as a provider for each of their channels yet Home2US still makes no mention of these channels except for MEGA Cosmos?! I noticed that Home2US has updated their Greek package page, it no longer lists Greek TV America as a contact but it still says the other channels are coming soon?! :rolleyes:

No sign of any cable deals for ERT World or MEGA Cosmos, I wonder if they still plan to pursue carriage deals with other cable providers?!

Home2US was always the provider, As a start up Euro-world Network was handling the Satellite equipment installations costumer serves and billing.

Home2US will be taking over everything now.

DKSat

If I had to pick between EllasTv and WhereverTV, I would pick WhereverTV. They sound much more legit and their website provides much better info. And their receiver prices are so much cheaper with 3 different models $59.99, $79.99, & $99.99. These receivers are also available for purchase at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, RadioShack, and other retailers as well as their website. Package prices are better as well as a-la-carte for any channel ($14.99). Mega, ERT, & Star are currently available with RIK and GMTV coming in August. Alter is listed as coming soon. I'm considering in getting the channels from them but I'd like to hear from other people first.

I am curious, for anyone who has Ellas TV, do they show ANTENNA SATELLITE and A SAT? (I know they show ANT1 and ALPHA from Greece, which I am still 200% sure they don't have the rights to, but I was wondering about the satellite versions).

I think I will check out wherever TV when they go on Roku. I already have a Roku for Netflix (insert #%&!@ expletives about Netflix's new pricing policies) so I'd like to see their picture quality on TV.

I'm considering in getting the channels from them but I'd like to hear from other people first.

Well screw that option! I contacted WhereverTV about having multiple receivers and they said this:

You can have as many receivers hooked up to one account as you would like, however, only one receiver can be connected to one account at a time.

So, if you have a receiver in your living room and one in your bedroom, you would not be able to watch your subscription on both simultaneously.

You could, however, go from one room to another and watch the subscription in one room and then move to the second room and continue watching in the second room.

Sincerely,

Rob Johnson

Customer Service Representative

WhereverTV

It doesn't work for me because I'm not the only one in my household. Someone in this forum had said that IPTV was the future. Not with this setup. :nono:

It doesn't work for me because I'm not the only one in my household. Someone in this forum had said that IPTV was the future. Not with this setup. :nono:

I am curious gang3171--do you really find there are instances when TWO different Greek channels have something worth watching? I usually have trouble even finding one thing, and often wonder why I even have the ones I do. :D

It doesn't work for me because I'm not the only one in my household.  Someone in this forum had said that IPTV was the future.  Not with this setup. :nono:

I am curious gang3171--do you really find there are instances when TWO different Greek channels have something worth watching? I usually have trouble even finding one thing, and often wonder why I even have the ones I do. :D
I can say the same thing for American channels and I have much more of them.

It appears Home2us has added info on the Greek channels to their site in bits, including the ability to order the Greek package through their site. I am not sure if it is something new, or if it was always there and I just noticed it.

http://home2us.com/b2c/programming/packages

http://home2us.com/b2c/programming/channel...lineup/9/greece

The packages/order page is buggy though. When you click for more info for the packages, nothing comes up. But if you click for more info for Greek pack 1, a dedicated page for Greek pack 4 comes up. Using that page, I was able to find the pages for the other packages too, though after I found them I noticed some of them are also linked on the channel line up page. Oh well. You would think they would properly update their whole website though, it is very hard to navigate it and I had to click through various pages to find them. Not to mention that the Greek page the banner leads to on their front page is way out of date.

The packages appear to be the same as the ones listed on the Greek TV America site, only difference is they are not mentioning Alter Globe at all here. (Though Alter Globe is listed on the channel lineup page.) They also don't seem to mention the 5 ERT radio stations available, though the Greek TV America site didn't mention them either.

So these appear to be the packages per Home2us (and the pages)

Greek Pack 1: ERT World - $14.99

Greek Pack 2: Mega Cosmos - $19.99

Greek Pack 3: ERT World, Mega Cosmos, GMTV - $29.99

Greek Pack 4: ERT World, Mega Cosmos, GMTV, RIK Sat, Star International - $46.99

It appears Home2us has added info on the Greek channels to their site in bits, including the ability to order the Greek package through their site. I am not sure if it is something new, or if it was always there and I just noticed it.

Your 1st hunch is correct, Grk101, this is a new update to their website. It was not there before.

• 3 weeks later...

So you guys that have Home2Us, how do you like their service so far? Judging by their website, Alter is not offered. Is it safe to say that Alter Globe is dead? Has anyone heard anything? Alter in Greece seems to be operating normally. They have a morning show that's filling the early slot while Aytia is on vacation. And they have a show called Summer Live while the Bla Bla people are sunbathing. Have they been bailed out of their debt?

So you guys that have Home2Us, how do you like their service so far? Judging by their website, Alter is not offered. Is it safe to say that Alter Globe is dead? Has anyone heard anything? Alter in Greece seems to be operating normally. They have a morning show that's filling the early slot while Aytia is on vacation. And they have a show called Summer Live while the Bla Bla people are sunbathing. Have they been bailed out of their debt?

Alter Globe is probably dead from what I read in Greek websites. Last I remember hearing, they had not paid for the uplink of the satellite signal and had stopped producing the flow for the International channel.

I am wonder what will happen with Alter Globe as well. Alter in Greece entered into bankruptcy protection successfully recently, but there has been no mention of anything related to Alter Globe. Like everyone mentioned, it appears to be dead and gone, but it seems like GMG is still holding out hope??? When they updated their website, they added platforms to its page, and WhereverTV which just launched seem to think it will be coming as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens with it.

Alter Globe  will be coming back.

DKSat

I was going to ask how Alter Globe will be returning when Alter Channel in Greece is currently in bankruptcy protection (do they have the funds to operate Alter Globe?!) but DKSat's second post might have answered my question?!

It appears that this

Thanks for the info once again DKSat! Interesting developments about a buyout if true also. I guess we will just have to wait and see how their situation turns out, I wonder how long it will take for Alter Globe to return.

I think this guy should seriously consider turning Alter into a news channel. Greece is one of the few countries in Europe that does not have an all-news channel- Portugal has two and they are a small country like Greece. They already air quite a bit of news programming and have Hatzinikolaou as their head news anchor.

It is funny you suggest that, because according to this article, Alter plans on focusing more on informative programing for the new TV season. It won't turn into a 24-hour news channel, but it's a start toward your suggestion if this article is true. ;)

T

Archived