Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

ERT will stop from Dish in a matter of months, as soon as the Dish subscribers have the time to switch over so they don't miss the new soccer season. Olympiakos and the other teams will remain on ERT.

ERT will be on cable as well, but neither on two satellite platforms nor FTA.

The writing is on the wall, decision has been made by GMG/TITAN.

harlem_reporter, I am confused as up above you were taking bets as to how long ERT World would remain on Home2US and now you are telling us that ERT World will not only remain on Home2US but Home2US will become the exclusive provider of ERT World on satellite?!

This is a major game changer and if it's true then I say 'Way to go ERT!' :tup: Looks like Antenna might be screwed now, who will sign up for Dish when all they offer is ANT1 Satellite & Alpha?! I guess we will now see how much soccer actually matters to people?!

ERT approved the moves on Monday in order to please MEGA.

That's a weird statement- why would ERT need to please MEGA, I don't follow?!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

harlem_reporter, I am confused as up above you were taking bets as to how long ERT World would remain on Home2US and now you are telling us that ERT World will not only remain on Home2US but Home2US will become the exclusive provider of ERT World on satellite?!

This is a major game changer and if it's true then I say 'Way to go ERT!'  :tup:  Looks like Antenna might be screwed now, who will sign up for Dish when all they offer is ANT1 Satellite & Alpha?!  I guess we will now see how much soccer actually matters to people?!

HellasHab: I had the same questions

HellasHab: I had the same questions

Cool, let's answer them:

It's "reporter", so I report what is going on. What I wrote before April 1st was true at the time, what I write now is true now.

Why do governments want to please one or another media mogul at any time? Love and affection, I presume. :not:

This is a major game changer and if it's true then I say 'Way to go ERT!'  :tup:

As much as I'm a supporter of having ERT available everywhere (the more options the better), I have to say it would serve Dish and Ant1 (thanks to their contract with Dish) right after all the crap they have pulled over the years with ERT. The biggest tragedy was going after the free online stream in my opinion....

Well it looks like someone finally clued in, these are much better packages then the others that they were proposing to offer.  The MEGA Cosmos a la carte price is still a little steep IMO but you can win them all I guess?!

Damn, MEGA/ERT is the package I want, I wish it was available for us here in Canuckistan.  :(

I would say that it will NEVER be available FTA unfortunately as it appears the 'powers that be' don't want this to happen.  I will now be awaiting the encryption of ERT World in Australia in response to this move not to offer it FTA on Ku band in North America OR an explanation from ERT as to why those down under get the channel for free and us poor saps in North America have to pay?!  :angry:

They tried to make ERT a pay channel here in 2009 there was an almighty out-roar from all Greeks here and ERT change there minds again and left it FTA.

Won't happen here its been FTA here now for atleast 8-9 years now for them to make it a pay channel would be very hard for them to do.

For me it doesnt really bother me I have UBI and ERT part of it, the ones who will be effected will be the people that only have ERT.

It's "reporter", so I report what is going on. What I wrote before April 1st was true at the time, what I write now is true now.

Uh, your taking bets post was made Today not April 1?! ;)

Why do governments want to please one or another media mogul at any time? Love and affection, I presume. angel_not.gif

I gotcha, it seems the more things change in Greece, the more they stay the same. B) ;)

They tried to make ERT a pay channel here in 2009 there was an almighty out-roar from all Greeks here and ERT change there minds again and left it FTA.

Won't happen here its been FTA here now for atleast 8-9 years now for them to make it a pay channel would be very hard for them to do.

As we have seen here in North America, things change from one minute to the next when it comes to ERT so anything is possible. What makes Australia so special that it has to receive ERT World FTA?! I am sure you guys will get used to paying for ERT World like rest of us have, its the right thing to do. :P :D

Uh, your taking bets post was made Today not April 1?!  ;)

I gotcha, it seems the more things change in Greece, the more they stay the same. B)  ;)

Two different bets. I would have lost the April 1st bet, but none showed up to bet, ye know :LOL:

That's called hedging, be there wherever the market direction :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As we have seen here in North America, things change from one minute to the next when it comes to ERT so anything is possible. What makes Australia so special that it has to receive ERT World FTA?! I am sure you guys will get used to paying for ERT World like rest of us have, its the right thing to do. :P :D

I think us Greeks here just make more noise and they listen lol :box: :gr:

Will see what happens.

"11. According to the terms and conditions under which broadcast today marks the ERT, the contractor must maintain existing agreements with distribution and not to influence unilaterally increase contributions to the subscriber base."

Must maintain existing agreements means for us here they have to keep it FTA :) lol

ERT will stop from Dish in a matter of months, as soon as the Dish subscribers have the time to switch over so they don't miss the new soccer season. Olympiakos and the other teams will remain on ERT.

ERT will be on cable as well, but neither on two satellite platforms nor FTA.

The writing is on the wall, decision has been made by GMG/TITAN.

ERT approved the moves on Monday in order to please MEGA.

Done deal.

DKSat, what info do you have concerning this matter?

I hope they don't work things out, Dish has monopolized this channel for far too long and its time that ended. Greek Americans deserve better, this channel should be available on more platforms (cable, IPTV) and they should have the freedom to subscribe to it wherever they can, not just be limited to Dish Network. Also, from what I see Home2US is now the better satellite platform as it carries MEGA Cosmos which is the best all-around international channel and features programming from the top network in Greece.

According to harlem_reporter, the bigwigs at ERT seem to be siding with MEGA so lets hope that continues and ERT World bids DishNet a fond farewell. B)

There some  issues going on with ERT World and Dish Network i hope ERT and Dish Network work things out .

DKSat

I hope so too. On another note, I'm not missing Mega much since I'm able to watch "I Zoi tis Allis" and "Mystika tis Edem" online on the Mega website.

On another note, I'm not missing Mega much since I'm able to watch "I Zoi tis Allis" and "Mystika tis Edem" online on the Mega website.

Just wait until they block them again. As I understand it, they only unblocked select videos as a goodwill gesture to affected subs. I could be wrong though.

Hello 'gang3171',

Are you watching "I Zoi tis Allis" and "Mystika tis Edem" online on the Mega website but is it the full episode or couple clips of few minutes each?

The Mega site still blocking their programs as clearly their announcement on their player says:

"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within Greece".

If somehow you are watching the full episodes, could you please let us know how you are able to do it.

Thank you.

Hello 'gang3171',

Are you watching "I Zoi tis Allis" and "Mystika tis Edem" online on the Mega website but is it the full episode or couple clips of few minutes each?

The Mega site still blocking their programs as clearly their announcement on their player says:

"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within Greece".

If somehow you are watching the full episodes, could you please let us know how you are able to do it.

Thank you.

Go to the Mega website and click the tab on top that says "

Just wait until they block them again. As I understand it, they only unblocked select videos as a goodwill gesture to affected subs. I could be wrong though.

If they block them again, I won't cry about it. My life doesn't revolve around Mega. There was life before Mega and there will be life after Mega. The way Mega has treated its omogenia, they've been nothing but a Mega pain. That's just my opinion.

Archived