Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

How to receive Home2US platform from SES 1 at 101.0 w with the existing Directv International dish.

1, Swap out the Directv 101 w LNB with the 95 w LNB

2, Remove the cable wires from splitter switch that go in to Directv receivers

3, Connect the cable wire to the LNB that is now looking at SES 1 at 101.0 w

4, If you have a FTA receiver connect the cable wire that is now connected with the Directv receiver.

5, Go to the FTA receiver installation menu inter Frequency 11860 H 30.000 and scan the transponder

check for signal and quality if the quality signal is low try to move the dish left and right to get the highest quality signal.

NOTE : Only do this if you cancel the American programing for Directv.

ERT world is FTA

DKSat

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm thanks for the info DK. Seems a bit too technical for me. I probably wouldn't know how to do most of this myself. ;) We'll see, I may attempt it, but I hope they have some sort of special for installation. So if I am understanding this right, the one pointing at 101w for American programing wouldn't work, and would need to be replaced with the one currently pointing at 95w? Also if the splitter or switch is removed, does that mean I would need a dual LNB if I wanted to hook it up to 2 receivers?

ERT world is FTA

FINALLY!!! :tup: :tup: This is the BEST piece of news probably. Even if ERT is not what it used to be, it is still great to have this option. This also opens up a few opportunities to cut down costs for some people.

I might have gotten spoiled with DVR capability that HOME2US does not have. It would be hard to switch to live programming or I might decide to get a DVR recorder with HDD to be able to watch my recordings on my own time.

If you really wanted a DVR, you could get a standalone one, or wait until Globecast puts out their FTA receiver with DVR as it appears Home2us lets you use any FTA receiver. (though they recommend theirs) But that would be an added cost on your part obviously.

If you really wanted a DVR, you could get a standalone one, or wait until Globecast puts out their FTA receiver with DVR as it appears Home2us lets you use any FTA receiver. (though they recommend theirs) But that would be an added cost on your part obviously.

If that’s true I am thrilled!!!

I do have an FTA DVR capable receiver which I recently purchased to experiment with FTA. I actually hooked it up with the Directv’s LNB cable which points at the 95oW and I was getting some channels CCTVs and some others. I could potentially have MEGA and ERT by tomorrow then. I can’t wait.

Thanks for the info. I will let you know if it worked out for me.

DKSat

How to receive Home2US platform from SES 1 at 101.0 w with the existing Directv International dish.

1, Swap out the Directv 101 w LNB with the 95 w LNB

2, Remove the cable wires from splitter switch that go in to Directv receivers

3, Connect the cable wire to the LNB that is now looking at SES 1 at 101.0 w

4, If you have a FTA receiver connect the cable wire that is now connected with the Directv receiver.

5, Go to the FTA receiver installation menu inter Frequency 11860 H 30.000 and scan the transponder

check for signal and quality if the quality signal is low try to move the dish left and right to get the highest quality signal.

NOTE : Only do this if you cancel the American programing for Directv.

ERT world is FTA

DKSat

Grk101

Hmm thanks for the info DK. Seems a bit too technical for me. I probably wouldn't know how to do most of this myself. wink.gif We'll see, I may attempt it, but I hope they have some sort of special for installation. So if I am understanding this right, the one pointing at 101w for American programing wouldn't work, and would need to be replaced with the one currently pointing at 95w? Also if the splitter or switch is removed, does that mean I would need a dual LNB if I wanted to hook it up to 2 receivers?

I think DKSat means that you need a different LNB (still pointing at 101 W)

to get the Home2US satellite.

As far as I know, there are two major classes of LNBs, and you get different

satellites from each.

The LNB now pointing at 95W seems to be appropriate for Home2US,

if it is pointed at 101W.

But I could be wrong.

DKSat, thanks for the info you post regularly.

When you say ERT-World is FTA, do you mean it is FTA on KU in North America?

ERT world is FTA

FINALLY, its about Damn Time!!!

It only took a decade or two but North America now has a Ku Band FTA signal of ERT World, putting us on the same level as Europe & Australia. Hopefully it stays FTA- you never know when a Greek company is in charge?!

The price on the Greek Channel Packages are going to be reasonable i can not post the details yet wait till GMC make the announcement.

ERT World is FTA for now i do not know what's going to happen in the future.

There is to much negativity going on with this new Greek Channel platform on the forum i do not know what you guys want.

We need to give it a chance to survive otherwise the channels will go away.

Satellite dish Note: Remove the Directv 101w LNB and replace it with the 95w LNB . Another words SWAP around the 2 LNBS and use only the 95w LNB that is now on the 101w location.

DKSat

The price on the Greek Channel Packages  are going to be reasonable i can not post the details yet wait till GMC make the announcement.

ERT World is FTA for now i do not know what's going to happen in the future.

There is to much negativity going on with this new Greek Channel platform on this forum i do not know what  you guys want.

We need to give it a chance to survive otherwise the channels will go away.

Note: Remove  the Directv 101w LNB and replace it with the 95w LNB . Another words SWAP around the 2 LNBS .

DKSat

The only negativity I have about Home2US is that you have to buy the equipment and it could be pricey if you want, let's say, 4 receivers. There's also shipping and handling and installation fees. At least with Dish and Directv, you can now get up to 6 free receivers and get free installation.

There is to much negativity going on with this new Greek Channel platform on the forum i do not know what you guys want.

From what I see, people are sick of being jerked around and having to jump through hoops just to watch the channels they are interested in and I don't blame them for being ticked off as I probably would be to if I lived in the US. They want all available channels on one platform and available at a reasonable price- I don't think that is too much to ask?! Those who are interested in MEGA want it to stay in one place, they are tired of moving from one provider to another just to get this damn channel.

I am confident that Euro World Network will offer a better service as they specialize in International channels and thus are more committed to these services then say DirecTV or Dish Network where customers interested in these types of channels only make up a small segment of their subscriber base. If these channels stay put long term then I think slowly the subscribers will come- well except for those who are interested in Antenna?!

but hopefully Alpha will move over in the future as well.

I was thinking that since Alter is going through major problems these days in Greece and thus Alter Globe is lacking in the programming department that perhaps they should just drop it and replace it with Alpha?! Having said that though, I think Alpha is probably not interested (at least not right now) due to all the uncertainty surrounding this package and platform so they might be taking a 'wait and see' approach.

There is to much negativity going on with this new Greek Channel platform on the forum i do not know what  you guys want.

We may live in the US but we are not amerikanakia. The fact that they are moving to yet another platform and up to the very last minute they could care less about informing their customers are both pretty negative items. Count in also the cost of the new service, and you have enough that nobody else needs to add any negativity to it.

I think once the dust settles it may turn out alright. Of course people will be mad and complain now for the reasons listed, (and rightfully so) but just take a look at what UBI was able to accomplish in Australia on the back of the TARBS fiasco with an almost identical model.

If they can offer a decent deal and subsidize some costs I think subs will slowly build up again. They need to find a way to show that they will be on there for the long run though and not move around in a few years again. But waiting to announce everything the last minute is not helping situation in my opinion.

Ok just got off the phone with EWN.....got some information.

Packages:

There will be three packages:

• Mega Cosmos

$19.99

• Mega Cosmos, RIK Sat

$29.99

• Mega Cosmos, RIK Sat, Alter Globe, Star International, GMTV + 3 radio stations

$39.99

The channels in the last package will not be available until May 1st, only the first two packages will be available right away. He did not mention ERT World and did not see it in the channel line up, but that may be because it is going to be Free-to-air. DKSat already confirmed it is testing. He did not know which radio stations were going to be included, he said he would get back to me.

Promotions:

If you order by May 1st you get 1 month free. I forgot to ask if they are also going to have the refer a friend program.

Billing:

You buy a "subscription" for a set amount of months, the minimum being 3 months. There is also 6 months and 12 months I believe. Your subscription starts when you activate your box after setting it all up.

Receivers, Smart card, LNB:

He asked me if I have a standard TV or HDTV, so there must be choices. I only asked about standard because it is pointless to get an HD box since none of the channels are HD. I asked if you can use a FTA box, he said he is pretty sure he saw in his system that you could, but he could not find it at that moment and said he would get back to me. He said he thinks the option was to buy a smart card for $50, instead of the discounted fee for it if you buy it with their box.

• Set top box: $80 + $20 smart card = $100
  • LNB: $20 (*Note, only needed for those who plan to keep American programing too. DKSat said we can use our old LNB by swapping it out.)
Shipping:

Shipping is $22.50, and he said if I ordered today I would get it in about 2-3 weeks via UPS.

Guarantee?

I asked him what type of guarantee they were giving that the channels would not move again, and he said he doesn't really know and said this is how it is with the ethnic channels. (always moving) I asked him at least 1-2 years? He said "definitely, how about 5-10 years". I mentioned they moved to DirecTV just 4 years ago and are now leaving again, and he said something like that is how these big companies are, always raising rates and asking for more money. :rolleyes:

My thoughts: Overall I am a bit bummed out about the pricing, I thought it would be closer to the $25-$35 range for the packages, but these are Greek channels after all.....I am also wondering WHY such a premium for RIK Sat? Personally I rather not have RIK Sat for that price, the way the package are set up make it seems like they are charging $10 for it. Maybe that is what drove the prices up? They need to address this issue ASAP in my opinion, because it is a bit ridiculous. Also he did not mention an activation fee, and I forgot to ask that myself.

Also where is the free set top box GMG was talking about???? The guy did not seem to know much, he said they just got the information. I am going to wait a bit before I make a move, maybe there will be some more detailed information and deals on their site when they launch it. I might also try to get a hold of GMG again. There MUST be a free box deal, even the Albanian package last year had a box deal, but that was a Home2us deal. I will probably end up getting it if they have a receiver special.

Also I figured out how the set up is working with EWN and Home2us. EWN is the company behind the channel offerings, and they are just using Home2us to offer the channels, host them, boxes, ect. So our guesses were right.

Now mentioned on Home2us's site: http://home2us.com/b2c/content/greek

Posted Image

Greek Package

For more information, please contact:

GreekTV-America

Tel: 1-888-788-3876

Tel: 1-571-209-5913

Fax: 1-571-209-5911

E-mail: [email protected]

Web-site: www.greektv-america.com

Package information:

Greek package I – MEGA

Greek package II – MEGA, RIKSAT

Greek package III – MEGA, RIKSAT, ALTER, STAR, GMTV

Coming soon - April 1st 2011 !

I assume that the radio stations are ERA5, ERASport, and NET105.8, the same ones that are available on Dish.

The pricing is not good. $20 for Mega a-la-carte. $40 for the package. They left Directv for this? They should of gone to Dish. I don't see many current Greek tv subscribers going for this. The only way I see them surviving is if they get a lot of 1st time subscribers of Greek tv.

Thank you Mega and Alter for doing this to us. :nono:

The pricing is not good. $20 for Mega a-la-carte. $40 for the package.

I would agree, I was thinking the full package would be around $30, $40 is too high for the channels they are offering and with the economy being the way it is. I wonder how much Home2US gets from each subscription, that may be the reason why the prices are so high?!

Yup, another Greek business disaster. $40 a month to watch mediocre Greek channels in standard definition and hundreds in startup costs. Good luck with that. I'm sure all 4 people are lining up to order this. Guys, don't fall for this junk. Let them choke on it and they will come crawling back to dish. Don't get 2 dishes and make your house look like Nasa only for them to pull the rug under you and go to a different 2nd rate providor.

I think what is making it seem so negative is the fact that a very similar package costs just $30 with NexTV and the way the packages are set up really make it seem like we are paying a premium for RIK Sat. Also the fact that it doesn't appears like they have any equipment specials like GMG had said they would in the email is a bit of a turnoff.

I think I personally would have been more accepting of the price if there was no Mega-RIK package showing off what a premium we are paying for it. :ph34r: I mean it jumps up $10 for just RIK added onto Mega, but then for 3 more channels that is also $10 more to add them on. That is telling me that they value RIK at $10 and then the rest at much less, when RIK should never be valued that high IMO.

I am still holding out hope that their website will give us more positive detail, but it is still not up. I think the best thing that came out of this whole situation is ERT World launching FTA on domestic Ku-band finally thanks to them.

Archived