Phantis Forums

Manolo Himeneth

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

Guys.....I've become frustrated with Himeneth of late. I can't understand how he could leave Blanco on the bench in our biggest game of the year against PAOK. He is making the same mistakes as Ferrer; consistently changing the starting line-up every game.

I understand he's trying to give players a chance, but some of this is common sense. Baxa, as of now, has been a bust. Manolo brought him over, and is trying to prove his worth, but play him against smaller clubs.

In all honesty, i'm not seeing much of a change since Bajevic has left. The only difference now; we are winning on the road and losing points at home. In my opinion, let's get a Greek coach in the off-season. I wouldn't mind seeing the recent coach from Olympiakos Volou who resigned a few weeks back.

I say give Jimenez a chance. A new coach will do no good at this point plus let's not forget with which means Jimenez has to work (financially, player-wise, etc ...). I think he's made improvements to the team since he started and I'd hate to see him go.

And let's not forget that Ferrer got us the 2007-2008 championship, which was then stolen from us on paper.

I do have to agree with you on Baha though ... looks like that was a bad move.

Guys.....I've become frustrated with Himeneth of late. I can't understand how he could leave Blanco on the bench in our biggest game of the year against PAOK. He is making the same mistakes as Ferrer; consistently changing the starting line-up every game.

I understand he's trying to give players a chance, but some of this is common sense. Baxa, as of now, has been a bust. Manolo brought him over, and is trying to prove his worth, but play him against smaller clubs.

In all honesty, i'm not seeing much of a change since Bajevic has left. The only difference now; we are winning on the road and losing points at home. In my opinion, let's get a Greek coach in the off-season. I wouldn't mind seeing the recent coach from Olympiakos Volou who resigned a few weeks back.

Hey man. Unfortunately it has absolutely nothing to do with the coach. Think about it, the core of the team has been the same thru Donis, Bajevic and now Manolo. Doesnt matter who we get, until the cre changes and massive - which will never happen because we have no $$$$ - there will be no change at our club

Guys.....I've become frustrated with Himeneth of late.  I can't understand how he could leave Blanco on the bench in our biggest game of the year against PAOK.  He is making the same mistakes as Ferrer; consistently changing the starting line-up every game.

I understand he's trying to give players a chance, but some of this is common sense.  Baxa, as of now, has been a bust.  Manolo brought him over, and is trying to prove his worth, but play him against smaller clubs.

In all honesty, i'm not seeing much of a change since Bajevic has left.  The only difference now; we are winning on the road and losing points at home.  In my opinion, let's get a Greek coach in the off-season.  I wouldn't mind seeing the recent coach from Olympiakos Volou who resigned a few weeks back.

Hey man. Unfortunately it has absolutely nothing to do with the coach. Think about it, the core of the team has been the same thru Donis, Bajevic and now Manolo. Doesnt matter who we get, until the cre changes and massive - which will never happen because we have no $$$$ - there will be no change at our club
I agree, AEK desperately needs to find a way to make it into the CL group stages for the money

Jimenez is giving a chance to players that Bajevic had written off and that is good as we have some talent on our team that somehow isn't always coming to the surface.

More than money, more than transfers, we need to somehow motivate these players that do have the talent to go far but somehow cannot always show it each and every time they are on the pitch.

Jimenez is giving a chance to players that Bajevic had written off and that is good as we have some talent on our team that somehow isn't always coming to the surface.

More than money, more than transfers, we need to somehow motivate these players that do have the talent to go far but somehow cannot always show it each and every time they are on the pitch.

I think it's difficult for the players with talent to stay motivated when they are playing next to useless players too. OAKA doesnt provide a home advantage either so it's tough to remain motivated when the players are always playing either away or on a neutral ground. So first thing's first, you need to move to rizoupoli next year. It simply HAS to happen or you'll never progress

I guess you mean Roger... Tho I think that is kind of unfair. He was sick and went back to Brazil for 2 months for some treatments or something last year. Came back and wanted to play in the starting 11 right away. Then over the summer the board wanted him gone to save $$$ - similar move to Mastorivic. Other than that, who is he giving more opportunities to? My beef with Dusan is that he didnt sit Blanco when he was in absolutely poor form. Manolo does it and not he seems to play with more energy - tho still not the player he was the first year he came.

Other than that I believe the team has 2-3 good players but thats pretty much it. We have a few old guys playing for the shirt and then a bunch of mediocre players that keep us pretty much mid table. Scocco himself will not win us a title and really is too inconsistent do be a game changer weekly. Other than that, who really makes us a dangerous team?

I will say I like the 2 new defenders.. but it is still early. Wait until they learn about bouzoukia!!!

Scocco seems unstoppable in one game and then plays the next one aggareia. In the match v. PAOK, Karambelas seemed class but there are other games where he was far from that. Blanco seems a different player than the one we brought here on loan: consistently inconsistent!

We have talent but it's not coming out in every game. We need a motivator, of some sort, to bring the best out of them.

Maybe a German with a whip? :huh:

Btw has anyone noticed how Makos has developed both on and off the pitch? (Positive imho)

He is quality. He had a tough first year because of the pressure from coming from a small team to a big team. To me, he will go to play for a solid european team soon. Similar to Zikos.

I haven't seen much of him this season but he was terrible last season. Lacked strength, technique, stamina, work rate, passing ability, etc. He was just terrible. So unless he's improved tenfold i find it very hard to believe he's as good as Zikos. Has he really improved that much?

I haven't seen much of him this season but he was terrible last season. Lacked strength, technique, stamina, work rate, passing ability, etc. He was just terrible. So unless he's improved tenfold i find it very hard to believe he's as good as Zikos. Has he really improved that much?

He has been consistently best player this season. You have a point, its hard to say if he is as good as Zikos, especially when the rest of the team is in general quite "average". But he is an entirely different player than he was last year. I will be the first one to say that I did not give him enough time - in my mind.

Archived