Phantis Forums

Zean......................

nightsurfer

Brazilians and argentinians play all over europe and excel. UNfortunately, in Greece we have the "fast food" syndrome. If we bring a player from that area, we expect them to all be like Ronaldo or Rivaldo right away. If they dont do well, we dont give them the chance to get settled and slowly come into themselves, we complain and try to get rid of them. Im not saying all the guys we bring over are superstars, Im just saying that we dont give them enough time.

As far as AEK goes, remember that the one guy that brought over so many players from that area was Pathiakakis. God bless his soul, he was not much of a recruiter. And he brought over 5-6 players over 2 years. Though I will say one guy that I STILL think about that came from that area that was arguably the best south american we have ever had was Fernando Navas. What a player. I remember him beating on Leverkusen in the UEFA Cup. Damn, some of the most beautiful and difficult goals I have ever seen. He played with heart and busted his ass ever single game he played. Too bad Santos drove him away.

As far as AEK goes, remember that the one guy that brought over so many players from that area was Pathiakakis.  God bless his soul, he was not much of a recruiter.  And he brought over 5-6 players over 2 years.  Though I will say one guy that I STILL think about that came from that area that was arguably the best south american we have ever had was Fernando Navas.  What a player.  I remember him beating on Leverkusen in the UEFA Cup.  Damn, some of the most beautiful and difficult goals I have ever seen.  He played with heart and busted his ass ever single game he played.  Too bad Santos drove him away.

Pathiakakis....God Rest His Soul probably had not much to say about the players that came in. Netmed did whatever they wanted and had no regards to what the coaches wanted....This is a major reason the team is in financial shambles.

Navas was the exception too this.....he was a very good player.....but don't blame Santos for losing him. As good as he was....he was also a head case....and on top of it all there were some shaky things about his "Greek" passport. These problems arose way before Santos was in the picture.

Archived