Phantis Forums

Apostolos Vellios ‒ Pec Zwolle

Euro2004

Iraklis will likely be bankrupt again before the season is over. Good move, leaving. This sale might ensure his beloved team survives, as well.

Now whether or not Nottingham Forest will ever make it to the Premiere League...that's another matter.

I agree. Dude only had one good season with Iraklis. If it was feasable, he should've stayed there until he got a 15+ goal season.

Then going to a big 4 club Paok, Pao, Aek, or Oly.

I think he'd do best at AEK with the current roster. Berg, Klaus, N'diye are better.

THEN abroad.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

it's not completely hopeless. at the championship he's bound to play about 20 games or so. if he can impress, he most certainly can be a start in a premier league team.

I hope he can prove me wrong, there's a high probability of him doing so.

people said the same for bale, that he was arrogant for going to real madrid. let's hope for him it's confidence and not hubris.

bale however, did have several great season for spurs.

• 2 weeks later...

was given a starting spot again and played the full match this tuesday. but again no goal and wasnt dangerous also i read. forest lost 1-0 against brentford. so no goal in pre-season and no goal in 2 league matches(1 match where he came on later) and one full cup match. most of us expected this but forest isnt really a team to compete for promotion at the moment.

Edited by Nikitas

the soap continue's. after the first choice forward of forest picked up an injury after 15 minutes he was subbed and vellios came on. it was 1-1 at that moment. forest eventually won with 4-3 but he still could not find the net , he even missed a penalty in the 61th minute. seems the fans already had it with him. he will be 3th or even 4th choice soon i think.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/thomas-lam-clinches-dramatic-4-3-win-for-nottingham-forest-over-wigan-athletic/story-29638799-detail/story.html

http://www.flashscore.com/match/Que3nxHg/#match-summary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those wonder goals are a treat to watch and may earn him another start for forrest and maybe a call-up from Greece, but he will never establish himself unless he starts finishing in the box. 

Edited by Argy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed. Red Sheriff is spot on with his pecking order as well.

Vellios could still improve. Hopefully he does, as it could only benefit us. I would be shocked if Nottingham Forest makes it to the EPL, and even more shocked if they didn't immediately replace him...but regular time in England's second tier is still better than most of our guys get.

• 1 month later...
  • Argy changed the title to Apostolos Vellios ‒ (transferred to Atromitos from Nottingham Forest on June 23, 2019)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Apostolos Vellios ‒ Pec Zwolle
  • Argy locked this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unlocked this topic