Phantis Forums

PAO - AEK

athinaios

I think it's an open game. AEK coach said it's "life or death" for them, so they might try a bit harder.

On the other hand, PAO should definitely go for the cup this season since we got knocked out of euro competions by xmas, and gavroi are +5 on us in the league standings.

I don't care to predict, just hoping for a good game, for our fans.

[thank George21 for the nice presentation below. I stole it from the AEK section :)]

yes, it's sad. the greek league needs to be more competitive.

as for this game, AEK came more prepared in the second half and deservingly wins this first leg. PAO doesn't have a team that can circulate the ball and attack with a plan. it seems improvisation to me.

PAO doesn't have a team that can circulate the ball and attack with a plan. it seems improvisation to me.

Very well said. There were no combinations, give-and-go's, organised attacks. Just individual efforts which were not enough in a game like this.

I am not sure what to expect in the 2nd leg. Will PAO go all-out for the advancement into the next round or are we going to see a Panathinaikos that will concentrate on the 2nd League spot and the ticket to the CL?

Btw, why use Karnezis in a game like this? :huh:

I don't know about Karnezis. Tzorvas was thinking of leaving so they must have a golie ready to step in. Also, I don't think he was responsible for the 2 goals, or that Tzorvas would have made any difference.

As for the second leg, it's the same stadium, without PAO fans, but this actually works better for our team! If they score 2 then, who knows.... I doubt it though, they're out of the cup realistically.

Archived