Phantis Forums

Xanthi v. PAO

athinaios

PAO will have to win this one. Any other result means PAO will be out of contention for the title. It's only January...

I also want to see how they'll play this game, whether they'll attack it as a must-win situation or just drag this thing out....

If they're serious they have to know they must win and show it.

i watched the match...we did better..definitly a bit improved...

cisses early goal (and what a goal it was) was key to us...the team played better in spots throughout the match..kats provided two assists but needs to run more and cover more ground..ninis ran alot but needs to continue finding his feet and be more apotelesmatikos...our back line did very well as did gilberto finally...he looked almost like he did last year..leto is finding his feet but govou was invisible for another match...i say give him three starts in a row, see if he finds his rhythym...its tough for him to adjust if he isnt playing week in week out and we wont possibly see the best of him unless he does...

every week cisse is our "mvp" but there were two occasions where he could have played assists to marino, who was unmarked both times, instead of lose the ball and get a corner...there were another three of so occasions of him turning on his own, running into the corner alone and giving the ball away instead of holding the ball up and letting the team get forward..he is scoring the goals and keeping us in the race, but he could be helping the team in other areas as well...sometimes the result of our poor offensive play is as a result of cisse even though he is magic in front of the net...

next is aris...

another thing to note is that apparently there were racist chants directed towards cisse, govou ad the other black players...this has no place in greece and will only cause harm..ntropi..

Thank you for the update.

Going up 1-0 in the first minute of the game gave the team breathing room and options. I'm glad to hear that PAO played a decent game.

It's the coach who has to tell Cisse to pass the ball and not play by himself.

I think Govou, Gilberto, and a couple others will be history in a few months. PAO needs the money from their contracts to buy a couple other needed players.

Aris will be a difficult match. Are we having fans?

Archived