Phantis Forums

ALPHA SAT is up on DISHNETWORK

I think I remember reading a few years back that Skai was listed as "coming soon" in Canada, but nothing ever happened. That is the only last "major" channel left in Greece that hasn't launched an international version I think. They show a lot of foreign content on the channel, but I suppose if other channels that show a lot of foreign content can make an international version work, they could too....

They show a lot of foreign content on the channel, but I suppose if other channels that show a lot of foreign content can make an international version work, they could too....

Skai airs quite a few Greek shows (around 8-10), they have more than Star does so if they wanted to they could probably launch an international service.

Rumors say that Kontominas is planning to stick to cost cutting and a low budget for Alpha.

Not really surprising based how bad things are in Greece. Actually I was speculating that he would probably go the cheap route and will most likely fill the schedule with foreign series and only a few original programs.

I hope it doesn't. Anyone that has the Greek channels on DISH knows that the addition of ALPHA did not increase the charge of the Greek Elite package which in my opinion reflects the value of that channel. $0.00!!!

So, it may as well stay where it is.

Archived