Phantis Forums

PAO's new coach

athinaios

Gmoch (what, no Fylakouris?) is the interim coach. He's a familiar face since he coached the team 2 decades ago.

I hope we get a coach that's a proven quality.

I think Antoniou has some blame too. Freitas is a recent addition so I'm giving him a bye.

How do you think the team will respond now? Thankfully we're playing Iraklis at OAKA next game... (well, no team can be taken for granted as we saw last Sat with Larissa).

I think Nioplias' resignation was ther right decision.

I can't believe he took such a pessimistic approach this season.

I was in Barcelona for a week after they got trounced and Barca TV kept replaying the match almost once a day and as I don't speak Catalan or Spanish, I ended up continuously watching the only thing I could understand and that is football.

I still believe that a positive/strong and opinionated manager would have given their team better instructions rather to meekly fall to their knees against Barcelona.

Anyway Nioplias wasn't up to the task. Pity the rest of the Super League teams now if PAO get their act together.

im glad to hear of nioplias' departure...it was time for him to go..we are 10 matchdays into the championship and have seen good football very rarely...with the excpetion of a couple good halfs here and there, the only thing we were consistant about was injuries and playing poorly..i believe this would have happend for sure if we had lost to olympiakos, but the management couldnt fire him after that victory and had to give him a few more matches to turn it around...which did not happen...

i was a fan of rocha taking over but gmoch is a huge surprise...i think its risky..its difficult to predict whether he will do well or poorly..its been so long since he managed..i think we will probably rush to finding a new manager to get him in charge for abit before the winter break

we will see what happends and how the players react...luckily we are not that far behind first place and there is still a long road...

i hope we pull a fylakouri and beat barca like we did sevilla...with vyntra scoring as well :D

i dont know about the names...gasperini was mentioned which i would not like..le guen which i believe would be worst and the big one was jesualdo ferreira..he did great things for 3 seasons with porto but not that much else in his 30 or some years of coaching..plus i believe he is asking for alot..

the lippi and hiddink talk is laughable..bielsa just stepped down as the chilean NT coach, most of his experience is with NT's though..he also rejected an offer from river in argentina..

signing pellegrini would have been great but he signed on at malaga acouple weeks ago..

ferreira is a pretty good coach, how he'll fair in greece though..who knows..

his years at porto were pretty legendary...granted they had a stacked team with lots of great players, he was the first manager to win three championships in a row...BUT other than those three titles and two cups he has won nothing and is fairly unproven at a champion level club...he had acouple very good years at braga before porto, coached portugal u-21 and some low level portugese clubs...his ratio of years of experience to success would appear rather low though..

he got the axe at malaga quick which is rather frightening to me.....but he likes to play attacking and as i remember he plays a 4-3-3..he is a well respected coach and could have some good ties with players..

of the available coaches, the only ones i would even consider for us are bielsa and ferreira...bielsa is an exciting coach..it is a more risky move then ferreira as bielsa has not coached in europe (other than a very short stint at espanyol) and doesnt have that much club level experience..

the coach will be well above the backe/peseiro/malesani level but success is never predictable, especially in greece...

A distraaction indeed. We didn't need this guy for just a few days. I'm sure, Cristof made the decisions about the team's roster against Iraklis. Fylakouris should have been called instead and gotten paid a few dollars, insted of Gmoch (are they paying him?!!!)

So, now PAO has had 75-80 coaches in the last 100 years. :unsure:

Archived