Phantis Forums

PAO v. Olympiakos

athinaios

Posted Image VS Posted Image

Stadio Oaka

30/10/2010

19:30 GR Time

I'm starting this thread a bit earlier since games between these two teams attract lots of discussion.

Well, after the disgraceful performance against AEK, PAO doesn't have any room for another mishap. When you play your main competitor, every game can count as double. Gavroi being up by 4 points makes it all that much of a necessitiy to beat them.

I think if the good PAO side shows up, we can beat them, otherwise, bye-bye title this season. I hope we're not seeing a repeat of the years that followed our double in 2004....

Our guys have to realize that it's only the domestic league that's left for them to play this season.

PAO-OSFP, Saturday Oct. 30th.

(PS> I'll be in Washington DC attending the Sanity rally ;))

So you think some comedian is going to restore sanity within a system thats been responsible for many insane things for decades? Direct me to another thread and we'll discuss (if you want).

ah, yeah, of course, we should discuss that rally and the elections of 2010 (US).

here's the thread: http://clubs.phantis.com/forums/index.php?...=ST&f=15&t=1536

US ELECTIONS 2010

Our guys have to realize that it's only the domestic league that's left for them to play this season.

(PS> I'll be in Washington DC attending the Sanity rally ;))

Firstly, they can still come back in the CL and finish 2nd and progress to the 16 (unlikely I know), but if they wake up from this stupour they should at least finish 3rd and get a Europa League spot for the next round.

There is a lot to play for in Europe.

Secondly, enjoy the rally. I personally would of had you pegged for Glenn Beck sort of guy and that you would have turned up to his "sane" rally! B)

kante, seitaridis, petropoulos and govou are back from injury and will be available for this match...kante will probably not play as he has missed alot of traininfg and is not quite ready...

leto and ninis are still out...

apparently the lineup will look like this

tzorvas, vyntra, boumsong, sarriegi, spyropoulo, gilberto, katsourani, karagouni, govou, lazaro (garcia), cisse...

im afraid of sarriegi in the back, he makes too many easy errors and is not the rock we need in derby matches. hopefully katsourani, karagouni and silva show their good sides in this one, bc they have been less than par so far this season. plessis looks ready to start playing more and simao is in bad psychological shape after the passin of his brother...

govou will probably start and we will see him playing closer to cisse then as an out and out winger...

i think lazaro deserves the start over garcia...he has looked very good since coming back from injury and is picking up steam...either way it is very positive that either one of them will be coming off the bench and helping the team out...

anything other than a win is unacceptable and if we lose this one, then i think we can say bye bye to nioplias...even though there is still ALOT of the season left, its too early to fall so far behind...

oly have been in good form and are picking up pace, but this is a derby and everyone knows that all the external factors leading up to the match mean very little...we have the fans on our side which will be very important...a sold out oaka is always a beautiful scene...

i bet if we win the match, we will see some sort of punishment bc of our fans :LOL:

ti les mwre irlando...even before avraams sending off..which was warranted...we were the much better team in the second half...oly controlled play in the first but didnt create chances..sure they had possession but rarely looked dangerous in front of goal...and in the second half we took over...

the comment that we were lucky einai gia gelia...

this win was well deserved..we worked much harder than oly through out the match...even if they controlled play in the first half...miralles goal came out of nowhere butother than that they created very little...

GREAT WIN PAIDIA...BRAVO TO THE PLAYERS....BRAVO TO LAZARO AND CISSE...I THINK WE MAY HAVE FOUND A NEW OPTION AS A DEKARI IN LAZARO....

:nw: :nw: :nw: PAO OLE OLE

FINALLY THE TEAM SHOWED SOME PASSION, DRIVE AND WILL TO WIN! EVERYONE GAVE EVERYTHING OUT THERE ON THE PITCH...

everyone had big plans for fetzfaztidis for this one and spyropoulos took him completely out of the match...

:tup: YAAAAAY!! I really didn't think we were going to be all that good but we put it together today and outplayed them (we were NOT "lucky"). Xristo was really good surprisingly since he hasn't played much due to injury. Cisse was great...Plessis was quite good as well. They have a lot of new players and we have a bunch as well so I guess it was "evened" out. Luckily no silly calls or fights so overall good game. BRAVO guys

The score is not indicative of the play. PAO are very-very lucky today.

2nd half PAO was better. 1st half OSFP was better, but lets be honest they didn't really create anything very threatening, Tzorvas didn't have to make hardly any saves tonight, and of what he did was easy pickings.

It was a derby, normally theres not much more of one team or another.

The subs happened we did well, we found ourselves coming more into the area, we found the first goal, and the 2nd goal was a good play, that very likely still been 2-1 if Cisse was allowed to play the ball rather than fouled in the area, it was absolutley 100% penalty, the whole reason they create the PK rule is for situations like that, where the attacker is ready in scoring position and the attacker is obstructed by foul play.

Lazaros has been a useful player and good addition to the team since last winter where he picked up his game (before that was an embarassment). Leto got injured last year remember and Lazaros filled in, in fact did quite well, some games he even started over Leto.

Leto is better to have out on the left but when Leto is playing bad Lazaros is the better option, Lazaros is a hard worker, and hes showing consistent improvement which is very important. I've been in favour of having this guy in the Ethniki since the WC, because hes a hard worker offensively and contributes defensively/can play on the left.

The score is not indicative of the play. PAO are very-very lucky today.

I agree. Great result but poor performance and it simply covers up our frailties for the time being. It's like sticking a plaster on top of a gun shot wound! Garcia was good when he came on, Lazaro showed some spirit and Cisse was great. Apart from that we were poor and we're simply lucky that they lack a cutting edge because they have no top level centre-forward. If they still had Kovacevic or even Pantelic fully fit i think we'd have lost. This team needs alot of work and I haven't seen anything to make me more confident ahead of the the Rubin game.

Good result though and we're back in the title race :tup:

Theyre missing a top CF, but their goal/only really good instance of the whole match was done by him single handedly...So I dont buy it in the least bit. OSFP had posesion first half but didn't create.

They were missing Panetlic, we had 2 starters recovering from injury, and Leto and Ninis out...

PAO was not great, but Olympiakos wasnt anything either. PAO made the best of it credit due for pulling off the comeback.

When we lost to AEK last week, I said congrats to them because they deserved the win.

In this one, however, I believe PAO deserved the win. I thought we had a better presense over all, which includes being more dangerous in the box.

I don't think that PAO is playing well though. We hadn't scored 2 in how many games?... Plus our CL perfomance has been terrible.

I'm hopeful today,though, because being down 7 points would have been a catastrophe. Now, we are still a main hopeful for the title this season. Lots of work needs to be done.

As for the AEK game, I don't see AEK having the lasting power of the PAO & gavroi this season. (I hope I'm wrong on this by the way)

Archived