Phantis Forums

Evangelos Marinakis

Crazy

During his presidency, Olympiacos has offered the symbolical amount of 100 000 euros to the Japan earthquake relief fund, and acted in support to the non-profit environmental organization ?Arcturos?,to the pediatric clinics of ?St Sofia? hospital in Athens and the ?General Hospital? in Limassol, in various blood collection campaigns,to Greek and international children?s charities, including 'Elpida', 'Argo', the ?Steven Gerrard Foundation?,to the ?Hatzikyriakos Foundation?, to a Greek union of ten Greek NGOs,

Through the benevolent fund of "Genesios Theotokos" parish in the Athens suburb of Nikaia, Marinakis finances the daily meals of a thousand people weekly.In February 2014, he donated ?500,000 for school repairs in the Greek island of Cephalonia, which was hit by destructive earthquakes.

On June 2012, Marinakis repurchased Greek national debt, with a face value of ?1,364,000 by offering the amount of ?168,590 on behalf of each of Olympiacos' 55 Greek players and employees, to visionary and friend, Peter Nomikos? NGO ?Greece Debt Free? (GDF). Marinakis stated: "Through this act, I wanted to set an example so as to show that we should all support our country during these difficult times. Greeks are patriots and it is high time we show the world what we can do when working as one. Greece can and must go forth". At the time of the donation, each Greek employee corresponded to approximately ?24,800 of Greek national debt, but this amount could be redeemed with a price of around ?3,000.

On October 2013, Olympiacos FC and UNICEF launched a partnership to immunize children in countries that urgently need support. Olympiacos FC will help raise awareness and funds for the Campaign, featuring UNICEF?s logo on the players? jerseys and with the target to raise EUR 2 million over the next two years. This could result in saving the lives of 50,000 children

• 3 months later...

I think its great that anyone who can assist does, situations like this aren't about MY team or YOUR team but more about being human beings and helping these people out especially with what they have been through.

The world can laugh at Greece and its economical situation BUT they forget to realise/admit that once again Greece is leading the way in taking refuges in and helping them, this is what us Greeks are all about FILOTIMO,unlike the animals that are called Turkey and how they have treated them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Rumours that he is considering stepping down as Prez, has anyone read the whole of this prosecutors recommendation? Or have a link to the document? From what I understand the prosecutor's beef is that Marinaki did not honor the conditions that were imposed on him from the initial allegations. Also the charge on him for the Bakery fire was dropped.

I have listened to their radio programs for years, and any time I feel some bias, I would chalk it up to the reporter themselves, not necessarily the whole company. Anyway, I could be wrong but isn't it common knowledge that Alafouzo has a controlling share of the company?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
5 hours ago, tantra129 said:

Γεια σου ρε πρόεδρε. 

PROFESSIONAL GREEK SOCCER

Ο διοικητικός ηγέτης των "ερυθρόλευκων" απασφάλισε και με το μήνυμά του έδωσε στους παίκτες να καταλάβουν την οργή του.

Ιδού: "Κανονικά έπρεπε αντί να γυρίσετε να μείνετε όλοι εκεί, διότι δεν μπορεί να είστε παίκτες του Ολυμπιακού εσείς... Αντί να σας πούμε καλές διακοπές, θα σας πούμε να πάτε να πνιγείτε. Και ισχύει για όλους σας. Παίκτες και προπονητές.

Δεν κάνετε ούτε για χαρτιά υγείας στο Ρέντη και δεν φταίει κανένας άλλος, φταίω εγώ που σας πήρα και σας χρυσοπληρώνω".

Ha ha ha.  Don't you know ... by  Greek standards that IS professional !!

• 1 year later...

Seems like our President has contracted the virus during his time in London (he stayed back after the Arsenal game until just recently).

Perastika Proedre! Get well soon...:57bb19f72b4d8_seriousbusiness:

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has coronavirus

marinakis11.jpg

Marinakis had earlier revealed he had been diagnosed with coronavirus on social media platform Instagram.

"The recent virus has 'visited' me and I felt obliged to let the public know," he said. "I feel good as I take all the necessary measures and I discipline to the doctor's instructions."