Phantis Forums

U-19 NT (Neon)

Ziaka

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah there are some decent players there. Portouridis looks decent and Valverde is supposed to be a big fan. Mavrias is very good and Vellios has already showed promise in the premier league. Fortunis is probably the best of the lot, he's even been linked with moves to Serie A. Karelis is a weird one, he either plays very well or is so anonymous that you might as well be playing with 10 men. So not sure what to make of him yet, but he has talent. Katidis is decent too. Lagos is another that's really highly rated but i haven't seen much of him. Let's hope they work hard and contribute to the NT soon

• 1 month later...

we lost today in our first match of the uefa u-19 championship to ireland 2-1. katidis of aris scored our lone goal. i was lucky to watch the match we have some talented youngsters. we could not keep it together, or aerial game was poor but there was good ball movement.

lagos, mavrias and katidis were impressive and stood out even though it is evident mavrias is still a rough talent..he has all the right attributes to become a classy player but can use better guidance. i wish lagos was at pre season with us bc i believe he is ready to make the next step. he looked one of the most mature players on the pitch. katidis seems like a nice little player. has alot of potential, fortounis was not great, he looked a bit tired.

we beat romania today 1-0. watched this one as well..fortounis picked up his game and single handedly ran the midfield. kapinos made acouple great saves, in particular at the end with a great double save from close range. mavrias was also very good and lively. the announcers couldnt stop talking about him although he did pick up a knock later in the match. kolovos and marinakis were two more stand out players for me..i know marinakis is at paos academies and kolovo i believe is at panionio.

karelis came on as was poor. he may have missed the boat after his arsenal trial.

I saw the first half of yesterday's crunch clash with Czech Rep and we were the better team, moving the ball well down the flanks to win the midfield battle. Without Vellios we lacked an aerial presence up front though. I didn't see the 2nd half but i know we lost and went out. Shame

i agree euro..i watched all three matches and it was evident we were missing that key front man. bakasetas looked lost up there by himself. he appears to be the type of striker that needs a partner. he doesnt have much physical strength or aerial capabilities.

in all there were impressive moments and players on the team and we could have some diamonds coming through the ranks. fortounis and mavrias particularly seems very very good for the age group and were the talk of all the announcers..

• 11 months later...

fantastic effort by our boys, we've just beaten england 2-1 after extra time to reach the final of the U19s euro championships, kapino was harshly red carded so we had to play a large part of the match with 10 players but still prevailed. this looks like a really decent side they were fantastic in the group stages, and are able to retain the ball really well.

future's bright :gr:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I only really know of Pozoglou and Koulouris in this side who are two of PAOK'S talents I've seen,is Deligiannidis is another amongst our ranks who's highly rated is yet to make his senior debut. Uefa.com said Orfanidis was our player to watch. Just seen he made 1 substitute appearance in the GSL and another in the cup for Xanthi last season. A goal and an assist in a 2-0 win, wears the number 10 and seems to influence the game like a dekari. Anyone able to shed some light on the paixtares in the squad?