Phantis Forums

Dundee Utd. - AEK

Irlandos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased we won and should most probably finish off the match in Greece. Hopefully we can sign a new centre back by that time, however Manolas did played very well and should be the replacement of Dellas next season. Anyway here's highlights from the game if anyone missed it.

Even better then :D ...

That aside, I've never seen a more silent home crowd than Dundee United's ...

We were making a lot of noise at the start of the game but your early goal knocked the stuffing out of us. AEK deserved to win, they look a step above us in ability, however it didn't help that our manager decided to play 4-5-1 and play Goodwillie in midfield where he looked like he had never seen a football before.

Anway, here is a photo I took of your fans.

Posted Image

Yes, it was Irlandos - but can't recall what was written on it.

The game turned into a very flat occassion indeed. I could go on about United's nervousness and midfield formation, but I think AEK controlled the match and had the ability to up their game had they needed to. In the end, they didn't need to.......

United will be up against it in OAKA next week, but the 700 or so fans booked up to travel will make the most of the experience and am sure they'll be warmly welcomed.

A good result for us. We still have one more game so there is no time to relax. We are not thru yet, but we have the advantage. Good perfomance from all the players today. Let's keep it up!!!

We were making a lot of noise at the start of the game but your early goal knocked the stuffing out of us. AEK deserved to win, they look a step above us in ability, however it didn't help that our manager decided to play 4-5-1 and play Goodwillie in midfield where he looked like he had never seen a football before.

Even before the goal ... I mean there were 400 something of us and a packed stadium of Dundee U's fans and nothing ... kinda disappointing.

Thanks for the picture, pretty awesome! :tup:

Even before the goal ... I mean there were 400 something of us and a packed stadium of Dundee U's fans and nothing ... kinda disappointing.

Well, you are deaf then because there was plenty of singing from the United fans at the start of the game but if you say there wasn't then fair enough.

Well, you are deaf then because there was plenty of singing from the United fans at the start of the game but if you say there wasn't then fair enough.
Let's agree to disagree :P ... and watch Everton - AEK, while we were 4-0 behind, THAT is atmosphere:

So excuse me if I wasn't impressed by a packed stadium that was barely audible and basically "outclassed" by our 400 fans :) ...

Let's agree to disagree :P ... and watch Everton - AEK, while we were 4-0 behind, THAT is atmosphere:

So excuse me if I wasn't impressed by a packed stadium that was barely audible and basically "outclassed" by our 400 fans :) ...

Those vids of aek everton till this date still give me shivers that what makes me an aek fan

Leoforos stadium can not be used by AEK since Pao will use it the next day to play the SL game against Xanthi.Rizoupoli stadium the pitch is in bad condition,Nea Smyrni is out of the question since the relations between AEK and Panionios are not good,Karaiskaki can be used but only with out any AEK fans and the last option is the Atromitos stadium but there is a problem since it can hold 8.000 people but AEK has sold 12.000 season tickets....OAKA maangement should be sued BIG TIME..

SEE if we had our own home we would not have these kinds of nonsense, only in greece u can have a state of the art stadium and have a pitifull excuse for a pitch and have it drag on did they not know that the europa and sl league was just around the corner,why did they leave it so late damn right they should sue oaka management.

Mate, I could show you videos of 500 United fans at Celtic Park or Ibrox outsinging 50-60,000 fans. Away fans always tend to make more noise than the home crowd in my experience.

The situation with the stadium is a joke by the way, we have fans leaving today and they don't know where they are going yet.

We spent hundreds of thousands of pounds installing new floodlights and new seats in one of the stands to get Tannadice up to the standards that UEFA say stadiums should be for European games, yet it looks like we will end up playing the game over there in a stadium that doesn't comply to these regulations?

What an absolute shambles.

AEK might lose the game on papers if it does not finalize in which stadium the game can take place.Right now there are only 2 options.Peristeri with NO AEK fans or in the best case scenario a few of them since the fire marshals say that is not safe for the whole stadium to be operated or Karaiskaki but then for sure no AEK fans.The decision needs to be made by 17:00pm today or AEK will lose the game 0-3 and lose the series against Dundee.What a mess......

Mate, I could show you videos of 500 United fans at Celtic Park or Ibrox outsinging 50-60,000 fans. Away fans always tend to make more noise than the home crowd in my experience.

The situation with the stadium is a joke by the way, we have fans leaving today and they don't know where they are going yet.

We spent hundreds of thousands of pounds installing new floodlights and new seats in one of the stands to get Tannadice up to the standards that UEFA say stadiums should be for European games, yet it looks like we will end up playing the game over there in a stadium that doesn't comply to these regulations?

What an absolute shambles.

IT must not be reasuring too not know were u are going but in greece all is done last minute and that sucks big time for the visiting fans and ours aswell.

Start the whistelling :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Chin up mate will figure it out shortly

Nea Smyrni seems to be the stadium that the game will take place.AEK and Panionios came to an agreement and we are waiting for the final word.There is a problem with the stadium and its capacity since Nea Smyrni can hold 11.000 people and AEK season tickets is over 12.000.The Dundee fans might be around 800 and there seats are guarantee no matter where the game takes place.

This is absolutele nonsense never in my wildest dreams would i beleive what aek have gone threw year after year its like we have this black cloud over our heads that just follows us every were we go.

Tragic Crazy were did u read that would it not be something if the game was played at karaiskaki with only dundee fans in greece i will have seen everything

XSEFTILA XSEFTILA TOOO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody wants to keep the DIKEFALLO wings clipped

Nea Smyrni seems to be the stadium that the game will take place.AEK and Panionios came to an agreement and we are waiting for the final word.There is a problem with the stadium and its capacity since Nea Smyrni can hold 11.000 people and AEK season tickets is over 12.000.The Dundee fans might be around 800 and there seats are guarantee no matter where the game takes place.

Nevermind i found the article just waitin for the ok from uefa jesus!

Panionios said no yesterday but today they decided after the talks with AEK management to allow the game at their stadium.This is not only a problem for AEK.AEK should seriously go after the OAKA management.AEK+PAO pay rent to have the home games there,this summer also you guys paid money from your pockets to have the pitch fixed and again the OAKA people messed up everything but nobody has lost their job yet........

Panionios said no yesterday but today they decided after the talks with AEK management to allow the game at their stadium.This is not only a problem for AEK.AEK should seriously go after the OAKA management.AEK+PAO pay rent to have the home games there,this summer also you guys paid money from your pockets to have the pitch fixed and again the OAKA people messed up everything but nobody has lost their job yet........

Crazy if i could answer that loaded question i would it is laughable and embarassing

Is it true if the dont approve we loss 3-0

yes it is a posibility but i see no reason for any negative comments on the Nea Smyrni stadium.Tsakiris is a serious man and the stadium is in good condition.It is only a little smaller in order to cover the AEK needs for this game but what can you do at this moment??

Archived