Phantis Forums

Dundee Utd. - AEK

Irlandos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on guys...if aek lose this tie it will be a huge SHOCK...aek are way better than dundee...

if aek go into this seriously and play with some passion they should have no problems...

I don't doubt that, but i do doubt how serious AEK will be. I really don't think the magnitude of the attack on Bajevic can be undermined. If this happened in any other country is would have been headline news and the 24 hour sports channels would have been dedicated to the story. Morale would have been destroyed by this! The Olympiakos papers are also reporting that Scocco is in their target-sights once more too and Blanco and Djebbour still haven't finalised their futures. The fans are also fragmented now so I only expect a fraction of the usual attendance. Furthermore the AEK players haven't made a big deal about this game, saying this like "if we play like we did in pre-season we'll win" and "we are the favourites, i expect us to qualify". In the past this approach has been catastrophic for Greek teams.

I mean how bad do you think Dundee Utd are? Who is their Superleague equivalent? Dundee Utd are at least as good as last season's Larisa (who beat AEK!) and they have a style that perhaps AEK aren't used to dealing with, which is a challenge in itself. Also are AEK better than Rangers and Celtic? Maybe, maybe not, it's debatable. Dundee Utd beat them both last season. So I promise you they will test AEK and with all the problems surrounding the club my confidence for AEK is low at the moment.

After Majstorovic's departure from the club, this is probably our possible starting line-up. Some website's say Diop will be ready for the Dundee match and may start.

----------------------------------------Saja------------------------------------------------------

Georgeas/Jahic-----Manolas/or new signing----Dellas-----Karabelas/Georgeas/Lagos

---------------------------------Diop/Makos/Jahic----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Kafes-----------------------------------------------------

--------------Leonardo-----------------------------------------------------Scocco-------------

--------------------------Blanco---------------Lymbe/Djebbour-------------------------------

Im very nervous about this one boys i felt pretty damn confident after our aussie tour then when we hit a brick wall at EL PASO and the brew haha broke out and maestro leaving.

We absolutely need to qualifie for the group stages we need that cash badly andthe fact that oly are out and paok most likely will not pass threw fener that would only leave aris and pao ranking up coefficent points.

That would drop us lower in the standing would be devastating for greek foot and our developpement

as i said before,

if we see a professional aek, there should be no problem with this one...they are probably in better condition then aek but aek have more quality..

over the two legs, i think you should take it no problem...

everyone has to stop being so pessismistic, i know aek are in troubled times but you guys still have a strong team with quality players that can make the difference...

this drop of confidence from the fans has dropped the confidence of the squad, if the fans turn it around, the team will respond accordingly...honestly, the players are probably happy they are playing away from home and thats kind of sad

Its hard pao 123 its easy for un outsider to say stay confident when u have a solid front office a good bank account and a solid fan base behind u then with us.

Aris wins at the death good start lets keep it up and i have to say those aris unis are stunning love them

hey, there was a time when we were in dissaray like this...there were a series of years when pao were in terrible shape, economically, structurally ktl ktl..but when the fans stick with the team through thick and thin you see what happends...dusan is a great coach, your president is doing what he can with the resources that he has and some of your players are very very good..

in the end even if you dont have confidence in the management, or the coach or even the players you have to have confidence in your club, its name and its history...

aek are STILL one of the biggest clubs in greece, have confidence in the club and someday soon you will see the return..lets not forget acouple years ago aek were the REAL champions of greece (on the pitch)

in my eyes, the stature of a club is not measured by the money or the players or the coach or the management, the strength comes from the fans..that determines how big your team REALLY is...

Scoco is starting and he is 100% ready,Dioup might start but he is not ready to play 90 min just yet and Araujo finally is not in good terms with AEK and you are not going to see him take any part in the 2 upcoming games.

Thanks. I have seen video clips of Scocco, he looks a really good player...pity he was'nt injured! :LOL:

For what its worth guys i think you are in for a much tougher game than most of you are envisaging, this is probably the best United team in 20 years.

I think it will be a close game but i'll go for 1-0 United here and 0-0 in Greece.

I believe and with not any disrespect to your club that it all depends which AEK will appear on the pitch.If AEK plays like it did in most of the friendlies in the Australia tour,AEK has the advantage.If AEK plays like they did in the last friendly in Greece then yes,things will get tough.

Thanks. I have seen video clips of Scocco, he looks a really good player...pity he was'nt injured! :LOL:

For what its worth guys i think you are in for a much tougher game than most of you are envisaging, this is probably the best United team in 20 years.

I think it will be a close game but i'll go for 1-0 United here and 0-0 in Greece.

I dont much about past years if youre sayin best team assembled in 20 years then that makes me i little nervous but then again a focused aek will have no resistance against dundee

United fans are very excited about this game as European games were an annual event in the 80s and 90s, and those evening matches form a huge part of the club history. These days, they don't come along too often, so the fans will be making the most of the occassion. Not too any tickets remain this morning, so hopefully the game will have a capacity crowd.

I don't think United fans are over confident, but realise that they could have faced a tougher opponent. They think that they may be playing AEK at the best possible time as there are problems between the fans and Bajevic.

The first leg should be tight, and a lot will depend how the United defence perform - the central defence is in urgent need of strengthening since Webster returned to Rangers. The United midfield and attack are as strong as any side in Scotland and very capable of causing problems. There could be a few goals......

Roll on this evening!!!

Archived