Phantis Forums

pao123

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im excited im going to my first Pao game in their friendly vs Inter. Yes its not the same as Superleague or European game but its better than nothing.

Im flying 14 hours from Sydney to LA on the 31st July then leaving LA off to Toronto on the 3rd August.

At least im flying First Class so the 14 hours wont be bad :)

we play west ham tomorrow 730 greek time...we are playing with the same team as against wolfsburg except mahlelis will take kante spot on the left as he picked up a little knock and rukavina will start in place of petropoulo...

we lost to mainz 2-0 today...the players looked like they had very heavy legs...we only looked good for about 20 minutes...im not too worried by this, im sure we'll get it together...

good news was that ninis played a great game..he linked up with cisse very well but he didnt have his goalscoring boots on today...also seitaridis began looking like his old self again...i hope he picks it up this season and solidifies his spot on the team...

great to see Mavrias make the cut to go to America.....I dont expect him to play however hes probably there just to train more with the senior team.

Dimoutsos is such a good young player. I really hope he doesnt get wasted, Greece could really use a midfielder like him. Nioplias worked with him at u21 where he was great.... hopefully he pushes the kid to progress. He can play AM or on the left....could be a useful option for when Leto is tired and we need energy and somebody to fight for the ball on the left.

FULL TIME: PAO 3-2 Inter (played in Toronto, Canada) :tup: :gr:

Cisse scored twice and Leto got one. Cisse should have had a hatrick but it was incorrectly ruled out.

Cisse, Simao, Ninis, Leto were very good. Cante was very good in parts too. Seitaridis clearly isn't PAO material anymore and Tzorvas was absolutely terrible! Overall a great display but we need to remember that we are ahead of Inter in our preperation so there's still more work to be done, particularly in defence.

sorry guys, went out to the bar to watch this one so i didnt update...

very good performance from our side...we looked very strong for the majority of the game..we fell apart alittle at the end, got a little tired and fell out of rhythym but i think today proved we have a very capable squad with alot of solid players...if we sure up our defense we will be just fine..i think boumsong will be a good addition back there, we were also missing silva how contributes alot to our defensive game...

ninis, cisse and leto were stars today, simao also played extremely well..his distribution seems to be slightly improving as well which is good news, he needs to work hard on that aspect of his game though...i actually saw kats RUNNING HARD at certain points in the match tonight as well...govou has obviously not found his rhythym yet but he showed some good signs...nioplias was also playing around alot with the attack in the first half which may have taken away a bit from his game...

kante was pretty impressive today, as was vyntra...they were nearly always first to the ball...marinos also showed acouple nice touches and mavrias, although only playing 5 minutes looked like he had a big appetite...

good match, but it is also a friendly so nothing to get too excited about... we need a bit more fitness but we will be juuuust fine...

oh, and leto is a class class player...though he lost the ball unneccesarily on afew occasions, he was turning their team inside and out...

score should have finished 4-2 as well...ninis clearly kept the ball in play...

bravo to the great atmosphere the fans created as well...

I was a few feet behind the Inter Bench and I must say It was a great game. I was with my Italian father in law , he appriciated the game but as for most Inter fans the don't respect Greek teams, mostly due to our failure at big tournaments. Leto was Awsome , Cisse was Very Good, Ninis is beginning to work hard. Katsouranis played well. Karagounnis was very slow, always whinning he needs to change his game , he is not fit to play champions league, no wonder Reghagel pulled him in the South Korea game. I loved this guy he was the Heart and Soul but no more . Govou needs many more practices to get into shape.Tsorvas was his usual self always arguing with his players , I don't know if he thinks he can read the game better than others but he still needs to prove himself before he can become the leader. There was the usual little scuffle with the opposition,that is 2 times in 2 months in Toronto .Toronto with its humidity must make PAO boil . Otherwise good game Fan club section was Great sang all night. Again no respect by PAO club to salute its fans as a whole. they just walked off the field other than Cisse who gave his shirt and shorts up too some fans in the corner. Greek promoting in North America Sucks. This Game should have been sold out but ,The Italians and Greeks did a bad job. :tup: Over all it was a Good Feel Game. GOOD JOB PAO !!!!

I had an awesome time just got back from Toronto now in LA.

Had fun in the fan area took plenty of pics and will post them up as soon as i return to Australia.

I have to disagree the players came out to thank the fans after they assembled in the dressing room.

I got to meet Gilberto unfortunately didnt have a pen for him at the time

But i did get Nini's training kit along with autographs from Karagounis (on my Kara jersey), Cisse, Ninis, and Warzycha.

What a night and what an experience it was well worth the flight from Australia for my first Panathinaikos game!

I give you credit for staying an hour after the the game to get your autographs and pics ,but surely you did not fly in to see a friendly. Never, the less Good for you !!!! Hard core fans like you are hard to come bye. Like i said it is common to have the team come to the fan sections and salute as a whole, you said they came out later ,how much later the stadium cleared in a matter of minutes. Attendance was dismal at 17000.

Yeah i did as i figured its going to take me a while to get to Greece to watch Pao.

They didnt come out an hour after it was more like 30 mins after but security was around trying to kick us out.

But as soon as the players came out one by one security stopped their whinning.

Archived