Athanasios Petsos - Free Agent

js1000

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

greuther are in last place in the bundesliga and will most likely be relegated.  petsos has appeared in 9 matches starting 5 but scored an absolute cracker of a freekick this weekend in their 2-2 tied away to werder, playing a full 90.  he played opposite sokratis who also featured for the full 90.    the guy is only 21, so hopefully still room for improvement.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caught the last 30 minutes of Rapids game against shaktar and petsos looked very good. Was spraying passes everywhere took free kicks and almost put rapid through with a free kick that was saved in the last minute.

Hopefully, he gets some game time with the ethniki

• 2 months later...

This would be a good player for any club in Greece except Olympiakos.

Instead they let him leave Greece because they prefer to spend money on players like Essien, Simoes, Noboa, Maduro, Zeca and all the other s**** that walks around the Greek league.

These teams destroyed Greek talent and the Greek league thats why they never sell any Greek players only Olympiakos knows what its doing.

While usually I would agree, I think Petsos was hesitant to play in Greece. He is a product of German football, when the time came for him to consider playing outside of Germany I'm sure Greece popped up as a potential destination but with all the politics one can't blame him for going to play in Austria.

But you're right, I would've loved to have a player like him instead of cameo appearances by Noboa, Natcho and Maduro.

• Argy changed the title to Athanasios Petsos ‒ Werder Bremen
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Athanasios Petsos - Free Agent