Phantis Forums

GREECE - Nigeria

Irlandos

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not going to beat Argentina, and unless they pull another 94 and get disqualified for cocaine use, we're likely not gonna progress into the round of 16th.

At least with this win we can leave with our heads up high. Geok, na euxaristas pou den eisofarisame/xasame...tote tha ginomastan entelios rezili s'olo tou kosmou!!!

My hope is that with this win we at least stay up in the rankings for the Euro, and that Otto finally retires.

Rehhagel talking about how we can go through etc ... well at least he's positive, the problem will be how he sees us doing that ... with ultradefense against Argentina we won't make it I'm afraid.

Salpingidis to the question "can we qualify" ... took maybe half a minute to reply and said that this would be made clear in the pitch and that we would be able to leave with a lifted head. Why can't you just say YES!???

We CAN qualify! Just have to do what's necessary!

Anyway thank you Salpingidi and Torosidi for the goals today and thank you Ethniki for the victory ! ! ! :gr: :gr: :gr:

argentina are beatable,

what drugs are you taking?
re their defense is s%$#! and a lot, too many to list
I agree too! Argentina is a beatable team. South Korea was simply not lucky - plus two of Argentina's goals could have been called offside - they could have gone either way. Argentina looks shaky. Any decent team could beat them - I don't think we will - maybe a tied game.

I dont care if we beleive can you imagine what the players are feeling rightknow if they not pumprd for argentina for me its still 11 vs 11 men not cyborgs the ball is round and just go for it.

Beleive in suisse vs spain why not us why not just a thought

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Just like to add.....Nigeria was not playing anything special at all before the red card. The goal was a gift. So far none of the African teams have been even remotely impressive, I hope they ALL go home early, I'm so sick of listening to the media go so crazy for Africa in "africas world cup"

Karagounis now giving an interview on NET ...

saying "eimaste filodoxoi" ... he wants to win vs. Argentina as he says this is his last mundial and the same goes for many other players.

He said now we have the chance and we're not supposed to go "oh koitaxte tous paixtarades", yes we respect Argentina but we also want to win.

GOOD ! I like his mentality.

I f otto thinks of playin D he vs the argentinians and thinks he can win on the counter he is truly a mad scientist all offence for once in your life

JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a ballanced game or the likes of Messi may tear us apart, having said that yes, we need to go up front enough to get them in their weak spot!

I f otto thinks of playin D he vs the argentinians and thinks he can win on the counter he is truly a mad scientist all offence for once in your life

JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a ballanced game or the likes of Messi may tear us apart, having said that yes, we need to go up front enough to get them in their weak spot!
Etsi bravo genome that what i wanna hear no negativity vs the argentina

Finally, goals and win in WC.

Congrats to all the players and coaches.

We could always play like that.

Regardless of the deserved red, Greece did very well.

Reminding us of 2004 with their passion.

Greece had 10 chances, Nigeria 2.

I am very glad and grateful for the win.

Another goal could prove crucial.

Go Greece.

PEACE

I am the happiest person around. Deserved win, we played with and showed heart. hope it gives everyone back home a chance to smile. Tziolis who i have been a critic of played well, perhaps this is one last hurah for our golden generation.

a

happy with "the" win.......not happy with "this" win................................................

sorry.....

i know may get criticized....but first goal was an own goal - second a mistake by the goalie.

i know, most goals are not "hand of God" beatuful buidl ups - most are scrambles, broken plays - just look at what switzerland did....ugle garbage goal, but.........

WHEN YOU PUSH THE ISSUE, WHEN YOU IMPOSE SOME OFFENSIVE WILL ON THE GAME GOOD THINGS HAPPEN...THATS SOCCER

you tellin me we could not beayt korea? its A L L attitude.... u need to walk on teh field and know you gonna win.....period....or at least you gonna die trying....

otto killed the teams spirit and confidence to move forwrad.....if u watch the game, how many times were our mids pushing up? how many? thats teh only reason we gopt some pressure on teh nigerian defense.....

that korean game is looking ssssssssssooo huge.....

i know may get criticized....but first goal was an own goal - second a mistake by the goalie.

sure. but youre missing the point. Greece made the chances, and earned the goals. The pressure they put on Nigeria was what made those goals happen, and a stroke of luck here, bad luck there. Gkekas and Salpiggidis were denied brilliant chances that could have easily been goals....It levels out. We had men all over the area and the shooting and pressure first half, the goal was coming one way or another.

Archived