Phantis Forums

Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)

Euro2004

When is he not injured? lol This is not  guy you can rely on going forward his ability to stay healthy for long periods of time has hindered his career. If he's healthy come time when the NT is in the qualifiers fine call him up as a bench option but you cant rely on him to be in your starting 11..

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

When is he not injured? lol This is not  guy you can rely on going forward his ability to stay healthy for long periods of time has hindered his career. If he's healthy come time when the NT is in the qualifiers fine call him up as a bench option but you cant rely on him to be in your starting 11..

That’s true we do have better. But I believe he can be an asset to the team when available. 

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

That’s true we do have better. But I believe he can be an asset to the team when available. 

He is a true asset. If healthy and in form, I'd go as far as saying he could battle Sokratis and Manolas for a spot. I truly believe that.

What happens when someone is often injured is that, when healthy, it's that much harder to regain 1. form, 2. confidence in yourself and 3. the confidence of your manager. The more you get injured that deeper the hole you start from every single time. 

• 2 months later...

Kyriakos finally injury free for the first time this season and getting is first minutes of the season. He played the full 90 of the Polkal quarter final against fellow 2nd division side Paderborn. Hamburger won 2-0 and are through to the semi finals. Hopefully he can stay injury free for the rest of the season, help his side to whats looking like promotion and a cup final potentially and get his career back on track. 

• Like it 3

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Argy said:

According to reports, out of Hamburg, trial in China, didn't work out, back to Europe, interest from Russia. Biggest failed talent in Greek football history?

For me it's Ninis by some way but Paps is up there, maybe number 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Free agent
  • 2 months later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ NK Lokomotiva Zagreb
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Al-Fayha (Saudi Arabia)

Any hope of him continuing his revival has gone down the tube with this move. Can't really fault him, given his injuries it is a good opportunity for him to get a payday. 

Interesting to see if JVS still considers him, he became a main-stay at the heart of the Ethniki's defense in recent months. Not sure if this move will signal the end of that run. 

• 1 month later...

Well after a short stay which consisted of one 16 minute appearance, Kyriakos wasn't happy with life in Saudi Arabia and has left Al-Fayha as a free-agent. Early reports saying he wants to keep playing in Europe, which from an Ethniki point of you is ideal. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/parelthon-apo-tin-al-faicha-o-kyriakos-papadopoylos.9336807.html

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Atromitos)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ FC U Craiova 1948
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic