Phantis Forums

Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)

Euro2004

• 3 weeks later...

shame. I feel a lot more comfortable when he plays. Actually, I think he gives the NT more impact than Manolas or Sokratis.

Think about the games that Kpaps played. I can't recall one game where our opponents scored more than 1 goal with kpaps on the field. He bleeds for the NT.

From the 3, Manolas is the worst. He's too casual. He got outrun by Lafferty who is nowhere near as fast as him. Slacker.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

I agree that we need his passion but there is a fine line between passion and stupidity.  Kara had passion but also a level head, he was aware of how his actions would impact the team. Kpaps (who for the record I think is good and has the potential to be great) is too emotional right now.  There was no reason why he should have gotten that red card, if anyone should have retaliated, it should have been Sokratis. Sokratis knew that getting into an altercation would not help and did not retaliate. 

9 hours ago, georgelaz said:

From the 3, Manolas is the worst. He's too casual. He got outrun by Lafferty who is nowhere near as fast as him. Slacker.

Manolas will play his heart out, if he thinks a transfer is coming soon. Kpaps will at least try to dismember a few people, regardless of how important the game is. Fighter.

The only game Greece was scored on two times or more while he was playing (at least according to Transfermarkt) was our 3-0 loss vs Turkey. Of course, he's also missed out on entire seasons due to shoulder or MCL issues.

• Like it 2

kyriakos left the training with a bloody face after he recieved an elbow on his eyebrow from lasogga in a duel. he probably needed some stitches , nothing to really worry about.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de%2Fsport%2Ffussball%2Fhsv%2Fblut-crash-training-papadopoulos-platzwunde-50941864.bild.html&edit-text=&act=url

9 hours ago, georgelaz said:

lol turkey scored 0, astis m*****es

Yup, I made a mistake. The game was 0-0, we forfeited after the fact due to fielding Giannou.

The almighty KPaps played during our 2-1 loss vs Croatia and our 4-2 loss vs Germany. Any other claims you want to make about how impenetrable he makes our defense?

it wasn't retroactive I just failed to communicate the time frame I had in mind. Yes he played very few games and I don't know how to pull up all the results just off the top of my head though I'm recalling turkey 0-0. bosnia 1-1. hungary 0-0.  small sample size for sure though.

• 2 weeks later...

Another 90 and another huge win for him and Hamburger. 92nd minute goal handing them the crucial 3 points in their bid to avoid the relegation play-off

Good to see Kyriako finally getting some consistence mins

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

• 5 weeks later...

HSV remains in the Bundesliga after beating Wolfsburg and remains the only club to have participated in all Bundesliga-season from the beginning. Kpap in the meantime is on the radar of Fenerbahce.

I just don't see him signing in Turkey. He is still young for a CB and when healthy, he is one of the better CBs in the league. His fitness poses a risk but his ceiling is still monumental. Hope he stays in Bundesliga where he belongs. 

Edited by Argy

• Argy changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)
  • Dutch Eagle pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic