Phantis Forums

Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)

Euro2004

He should be playing for a bigger team, there`s no doubt about that. Hopefully this year is the step back he needs in order to take 3 steps forward next season. I'd love to see him at BVB alongside Sokratis. 

Edited by Argy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He is caught in an unfortunate situation, where Leipzig has been unstopable all season and generated this momentum before Kpap could establish himself in his new squad. Sad considering he is more than capable of starting ahead of the other CBs.

he is not matchfit at the moment and just returned back to training , no idea what he had. leipzig central defender compper is injured but it seems papadopoulos wont be fully matchfit for the match tomorrow to start.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Frblive.de%2F2016%2F11%2F23%2Fkyriakos-papadopoulos-naby-keita-marcel-sabitzer-marvin-compper-sc-freiburg%2F&edit-text=&act=url

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks like he will be loaned out to HSV next week. i think this will happen and we can say that he is to good for them but he really needs playing time and he wont get that alot at leipzig. he needs to start from the bottom again or play good at HSV and maybe at the end of the season return to leverkusen or if HSV dont relegate , stay there.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ligainsider.de%2Fkyriakos-papadopoulos_503%2Fhsv-wechsel-anfang-naechster-woche-173499%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Yeah he seemed to have more potential than Manolas or Sokratis but cause he was so good at a young age I think he played too much at a high level for developing bones/muscles. The male body doesn't even finish growing until 26.

He's still a beast though and automatically creates impact anytime he plays for Greece.

Edited by georgelaz

• Nikitas changed the title to K. Papadopoulos (Hamburger SV)
  • Nikitas changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos - Hamburger SV ◄ RB Leipzig ◄ Bayer Leverkusen

Just scored the winning goal vs Leverkusen.. he was the best player on the field by far. Games like that show the ability that this guy has.. and there is no reason as to why he, manolas and sokratis should not all be on the field.. they are arguably our top 3 players. U find a way to make that work. We don't have the depth on the NT to leave one of our top players on the bench 

• Like it 3

When was the last time Greece tried 3 cb.....years....stafylidis is very offensive and could thrive as a wing back. Also holebas would have been dynamite there as well. It's something to experiment with unless u think greece's NT performances have been so stellar that no changes to formation r needed. Not to mention kpaps ability on set pieces is probably unmatched to any other Greek. 

This might be the worst group of NT players in the last 15 years. So it would seem logical to at least try to have all of your best players on the field at the same time

an extra CB can work offensively , considering that instead of torisidis you actually get a Right Midfielder/Winger however you call it, Holebas would work on the Left Flank as well, and this would open up an extra spot for Karelis up front, who keeps on scoring, or even 2 AMs with Mantalos and Fortounis and one Striker.

This would all work, in theory, in a videogame, on this forum. 

Only a few teams really play 3-5-2 in reality, Chelsea Juventus Watford are some that come to mind, but honestly, there is something that you and me obviously are not aware of. I might not like 100% Skibbe about his selections, while some amongst them aren't even his (Tziolis being an example), but he made the NT a group again, and brought it back to that ugly football we re used to, and maybe to a big tournament like the WC.

Also I like how you boost Kyriakos Papadopoulos as being our top 3 player, but you kick Torosidis out of the lineup to put him in his place. Torosidis is also a pile of this NT, so if he has to get out of the starters for a 3cb i think I ll pass. On his Game Torosidis can be our best offensive player.

I've always found this fascination with a 3-CB formation bizarre. Most teams don't play with two strikers, so what is the other player there for? So that Torosidis can play out of position farther up the pitch? Greece needs *midfielders*, not more defenders...and as long as players like Tziolis get the start, removing pistons from your engine is only going to hurt you. There's a time and a place for it in an ad-hoc capacity, but it requires players to know how to play in it and with each other - frankly, I don't think our coach has the time or the skill to get our guys looking good in it.

If Kpaps (who I admit is one of my favorite players) wants to start, then he should prove he's good enough to get in over Sokratis or Manolas. Scoring a header or having an occasionally good game is not sufficient (although any mention of him on these forums automatically triggers the 3-5-2 crowd to come out).

• Argy changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)
  • Dutch Eagle pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic