• Spain
    • Argentina
    • England
    • Holland
    • Germany
    • Portugal
    • Greece
    • Other - post and discuss

Will Italy repeat their last WC triumph? Will Brazil make it 6? Will Spain - FINALLY - live up to their potential? Are Messi's Argentinians too much to handle? Will the home side make history? Will the Boers push Holland to victory? Will C. Ronaldo carry Portugal to triumph? Will Henry "hand" it to France?

Or can Charisteas' headers help us in 2010 as they did in 2004? :gr:

Who will win WC2010??? :huh:

I voted for Argentina...

My vote is little emotonal. I always had symphaty to Argentina also I like their Jersey&Colors:). They have very tallented footballers at this tournument. If Maradona can manage to set up good 11 and tactic, Why not? They could win and my favourite is Argentina...

• 2 weeks later...

Sure GERMANY...

After i watched the Match between Germany-Australia, Germany-Enland and last Germany-Argentina, i beleive Germany is the biggest favourite of the tournument.

I wished Argentina to win but i know that Germany was favourite at this match who won with an clear score...

Neuer-Lahm-Muller-O:zil-Klose and others non of them are big star such as Messi-Ronaldo-Robinho-Villa but they are the best team with pure German dicipline...

I already can declare that Germany is the Champhion of the 2010...

I didn't liked Spain yesterday and i wished Paraguay to win on the other hand i wanted Spain to pass to see a big semi final...

I beleive that if Spain can find an early goal and if they don't panic they are the most powerfull team. Their pases at the middle is turning the heads, they play like matadors with their high skilled midfielders... Anyway aganist to the Germany really God has to be with them to score an early goal than they will keep far away the Germany with their perfect pass trafic and they will keep the game cold. Otherwise i don't give anychange to them.

Spain is so horribly overrated, and honestly like I said in 2008

DULL.

People ranting and raving about what exactly? They had 2 great games against RUSSIA in 2008. The rest were pretty much snooze fests, and they didn't play anything at all against Italy and scraped the PK win.

This year Spain's best contrinbutions have been 1 nice David Villa goal, and 2 ridiculous/unecesary play acting getting two oponents players sent off Torres and Capdevila.

I hope Germany smashes them, but I think it will be close. Anything other than a Germany-Holland final this year would be a damn shame.

...Anything other than a Germany-Holland final this year would be a damn shame.

Uruguay can play a decent game also but I too would prefer a Holland - Germany final.

Btw, if 3rd place is between Spain and Uruguay, I'll not bother to watch it at all!

Back in early June I picked the Dutch. So far so good. I thought Argentina and Spain were overrated. Good teams but not great this year.

Based on the games played (and pending tomorrow's GER v. Spain), I think the Germans have been the most impressive. If they beat Spain they'll go to the final as the favorites.

There will be another great rematch between Holland and Germnany. :tup:

PS>I think it was a good thing GR didn't face GER :P

Germany have played two teams in the world cup that kept their shape and did not chase the game. Serbia and Ghana.

These are the games that give you a true picture of how good the German team are.

The games against england and argentina do not.

In those games the english and argentinians chased the game.

England were clueless and argentina were coached by Maradona who left all his best defenders back home and he was clueless about tactics.

Spain are totally the wrong team for Germany. They will keep the ball, keep their shape and have the better players.

spain played their best, keeping a lot of posession and fitzing around till they managed to scrap a goal.

Germany missed Mueller, SORELY. Trochowski could not replace him, and had he the chance Kroos had, Germany would be in a final.....Why was he suspended again? Oh no reason thats right.

Germany are by far the best European football nation in my book. Theyre consistently (except 2004) making it to finals and semifinals.

I really beleive this is the case of the best team not winning the cup, like that Brazil team in the 70s....

Just a shame.

Spain have already won the final with a 1-0 win over Holland, scrap goal 2nd half. Almost no point to watching the final.

watch this space. at the next tournement the germans will not be anywhere near as good.

The opposition will not be so open against them.

They were made to look good by the teams that they beat by four goals. These teams were chasing the game and played straight into there hands.

In those kind of games the public will obviously get excited watching the chasing, quick attacking with mistakes etc etc. Reminds me of the premiership.

Even Klinsman said that this latest way of playing is modelled on premiership football.

Archived