Phantis Forums

Giorgos Tzavellas ‒ (now playing for AEK)

drakos13

1 hour ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Turkish league is about the same level as the Greek Super League. Given that he's gone to the Veroia of Turkey, I'm not too sure how his career will benefit.

Id say its quite better. The players that are attracted to the top 3 teams (Besiktas,Fener,Galata) and other teams like Belediyaspor,Trabzonspor as well, are far better than the ones attracted by Greek top clubs. 

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Turkish league is about the same level as the Greek Super League. Given that he's gone to the Veroia of Turkey, I'm not too sure how his career will benefit.

I wish re. The turks are kicking our ass economically. they have their own air lines are making signing big name players still in the 28-32 range rvp, sneijder, queresma, nani, klose.

you can thank the politicians for throwing greece under the bus in their thirst for power eg) Merkel.

16 hours ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Tzavellas is 28-29. He is at best a bench option for Greece. He won't progress but he also won't be on the decline in the Turkish league. He is more vital to the National Team than Tziolis.

Edited by Dean97

don't want to turn this into a political debate..

but the Turkish rich corrupt businessmen are similar to their Russian counterparts...Very rich who are hiding/spending/throwing dirty money at football clubs..

The Greek landscape is very different....(sure we have equally grubby corrupt businessmen)..however in greece the 'lao' has influenced the government to the point that corrupt grubby businessmen can't invest in Greece  even in grubby businesses anymore...The 'red tape' and highly regulated Unionised industrial relations, unfriendly business tax incentives has strangled even the grubby corrupt types....They seek to 'invest' in their grubby ways in other markets..

Government policies driven by the 'lao' over 40 years has lead us here..This is not a new 'merkel created agenda"

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, RED SHERIFF said:

don't want to turn this into a political debate..

but the Turkish rich corrupt businessmen are similar to their Russian counterparts...Very rich who are hiding/spending/throwing dirty money at football clubs..

The Greek landscape is very different....(sure we have equally grubby corrupt businessmen)..however in greece the 'lao' has influenced the government to the point that corrupt grubby businessmen can't invest in Greece  even in grubby businesses anymore...The 'red tape' and highly regulated Unionised industrial relations, unfriendly business tax incentives has strangled even the grubby corrupt types....They seek to 'invest' in their grubby ways in other markets..

Government policies driven by the 'lao' over 40 years has lead us here..This is not a new 'merkel created agenda"

Are you trying to tell me the wealthy business owners in Greece pay taxes ?  Or the 'lao' ?  When/if Greece ever breaks the shackles of being 'ruled' by a small number of families, then the country might improve.  As for the rich business owners choosing to invest dirty money in football, it's up to them.  The fans won't complain ... as long as the ticket prices don't go up.

• Nikitas changed the title to Giorgos Tzavellas - Alanyaspor
9 hours ago, Bananas said:

Are you trying to tell me the wealthy business owners in Greece pay taxes ?  Or the 'lao' ?  When/if Greece ever breaks the shackles of being 'ruled' by a small number of families, then the country might improve.  As for the rich business owners choosing to invest dirty money in football, it's up to them.  The fans won't complain ... as long as the ticket prices don't go up.

I am saying the entire 'investment landscape ' in Greece does not suit business people...

greece is so far 'left' that the 'lao' and the entire social fiber of society is tainted that way..

i do not admire  Russian or Turkish politicians or business people..Nor do i want Greece to use Turkey or Russia as blueprint for the future..

But if you look at Erdogan and Putin and the way they have power/influence/control/presence etc.....One can see how 'corrupt dirty wealthy business thugs can get into bed with these leaders and make lots of money..

Compare this to Tsipra who looks and sounds like a university student council activist...

Remember we are ONLY discussing here why Turkish and Russian business thugs pour money into football....and in context where the money comes from...

this was merely a response to a poster who claimed Turkey is a wealthy nation and greece is not...and that's why their big clubs spend big $$$$.

My view is that Turkey is not a wealthy nation...but the super rich benefit by the system and pour dirty money into football..

There are social/Political and other restraints in Greece that does not allow the same to happen to the same level....Regardless if many think the 'Greek system only benefits a few families'...it's not at the same depth as Turkey/Russia.

• Like it 2

29 minutes ago, RED SHERIFF said:

I am saying the entire 'investment landscape ' in Greece does not suit business people...

greece is so far 'left' that the 'lao' and the entire social fiber of society is tainted that way..

i do not admire  Russian or Turkish politicians or business people..Nor do i want Greece to use Turkey or Russia as blueprint for the future..

But if you look at Erdogan and Putin and the way they have power/influence/control/presence etc.....One can see how 'corrupt dirty wealthy business thugs can get into bed with these leaders and make lots of money..

Compare this to Tsipra who looks and sounds like a university student council activist...

Remember we are ONLY discussing here why Turkish and Russian business thugs pour money into football....and in context where the money comes from...

this was merely a response to a poster who claimed Turkey is a wealthy nation and greece is not...and that's why their big clubs spend big $$$$.

My view is that Turkey is not a wealthy nation...but the super rich benefit by the system and pour dirty money into football..

There are social/Political and other restraints in Greece that does not allow the same to happen to the same level....Regardless if many think the 'Greek system only benefits a few families'...it's not at the same depth as Turkey/Russia.

Agree, I should think that the model of Turkey and Russia is terrible and not to be emulated.  As for Greece being unfriendly to business, that's been the case for decades.  It's been great to small business but anything larger than a small family business is hamstrung.  Decades to make the mess, decades to fix it.

Anyway, getting severely off topic as this doesn't have much to do with the αλάνι Tzavellas.

I didn't want to turn this into a discussion on why I don't agree with some posters claiming the Turkish League is superior to the GSL but RS took the discussion off course.

I actually do agree with him on the investment in terms of infrastructure and player budgets. There's no doubt that the Turks are superior based on these measures but when it comes down to football standards their league isn't that far ahead.

Let's not turn the Turkish League in to Spain's La Liga the way some morons in the PAO threads talk about Belgium compared to Greece. The three leagues are essentially at the same level in terms of football (on the pitch). Players in any of these leagues can interchange between clubs with minimal difficulty. Look at Karelis to Belgium and Rodriguez to Galatasaray.

Yes the GSL is and has been in a state of decline, but Turkish clubs aren't making inroads in the UCL or Europa League. So where are the facts that Turkey is so much superior?

I originally called Alanyaspor the Veroia of Turkey and since then Levadiakos has been used as the comparison. I agree with either of them. Tzavellas going to such a club in this league only benefits his personal economic situation and not the Ethniki or Greek football.

There aren't young players in Greece hoping to play for Alanyaspor in the Turkish league. 

On 29/1/2017 at 2:08 PM, Akritis_1944 said:

I didn't want to turn this into a discussion on why I don't agree with some posters claiming the Turkish League is superior to the GSL but RS took the discussion off course.

I actually do agree with him on the investment in terms of infrastructure and player budgets. There's no doubt that the Turks are superior based on these measures but when it comes down to football standards their league isn't that far ahead.

Let's not turn the Turkish League in to Spain's La Liga the way some morons in the PAO threads talk about Belgium compared to Greece. The three leagues are essentially at the same level in terms of football (on the pitch). Players in any of these leagues can interchange between clubs with minimal difficulty. Look at Karelis to Belgium and Rodriguez to Galatasaray.

Yes the GSL is and has been in a state of decline, but Turkish clubs aren't making inroads in the UCL or Europa League. So where are the facts that Turkey is so much superior?

I originally called Alanyaspor the Veroia of Turkey and since then Levadiakos has been used as the comparison. I agree with either of them. Tzavellas going to such a club in this league only benefits his personal economic situation and not the Ethniki or Greek football.

There aren't young players in Greece hoping to play for Alanyaspor in the Turkish league. 

You re wrong in many aspects.

1)According to football standards. Their league is far ahead from ours.

Even if it;s just about budget, it gets FAR better players to join the league. They invite better players to join the league as well and so on. Turkish League is gonna be in the top 5 (kicking french and portuguese leagues)  in less than 5 years. Modern football is all about money.

Im not debating this, your patriotism is just in the middle and doesn't let you agree with this.

2) GSL isn't and hasn't been in a state of decline, It has hit rock bottom. Players earning too low, teams getting kicked from the championship because they can't pay debts, the easiest solution is getting all the way down to G' Ethniki so that you don't have to pay most of your debts. That is really phenomenal, and anyone thinking that ,cause of that, we are any close to deserve the 14th-15th spot we have in uefa ranking, is dillusional. This is a rezili, not a championship. 

3)Οf course, noone called Alanyasport a decent top tier Turkish team. But the fact that even Tzavellas prefered to go to Levadiakos of Turkey, than a top 4 (at least considered to be) team proves you are wrong. It benefited his personal economic situation, but if proven to be worthy, a signing for a better team there may come. He is not that old yet.

4)There arent any young players hoping to play for Alanyaspor. Sure, Im not gonna disagree. But there's clearly not many young lads hoping a dream signing at Moreirense of Portugal, at Angers of France, Excelsior of Netherlands. Im pretty sure you d consider these championships I mentioned better, because they re not turkey, yet they are literally the same sh!t. 2-3 top tier teams making it to Europe and the rest literally fighting to not be relegated, and maybe finish as higher as possible.  Yes, the top tier teams of Portugal and France are slightly better than the teams hoping to win a championship in Turkey, but nothing significant.

You clearly didn't really read my post from your response. This has nothing to do with my patriotism. I said that the Turkish league is considered better but it's marginal and about the same level as the GSL and Jupiler. Although I didn't mention the Portuguese or Dutch leagues that doesn't mean I consider them far superior. This also applies to the Ukrainian and Russian leagues.

All these leagues are about the same football standard (give or take player budgets or historical achievement of clubs like Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Anderlecht, Galatasaray, Zenit, Shakhtar Donetsk etc).

Outside the big 3 clubs in Constantinople (Gala, Besiktas, Fener) the league is GSL standard but played in better stadiums. You say that in 5 years Turkey will be a top 5 league, that may or may not be realised but I'm not talking about 5 years in the future. I'm talking right now!!!

Apparently the Chinese league is going to be the best in the world in 100 years as well. I'm not comparing future or hypothetical states.

At this point in history the Turkish league with the billions of money poured in to it is arguably (as we are doing this) marginally better in FOOTBALL standard than the GSL. Yes they clearly attract better credentialed players (I would love to see van Persie or Sneijder playing in Greece). However many other players who have come through Greece have done very well in Turkey. Avraam Papadopoulos to Trabzonspor etc

If you think the GSL has hit rock bottom then you haven't seen the Australian league. What I'm afraid of is that all the leagues in Greece have way further to fall which would then definitely make most leagues in Europe far more attractive and better standard than the GSL. We aren't there yet.

Let's not argue based on our dissatisfaction with the current state of Greece. 

Okay. Thanks for that. I'm not debating the billions of euros pumped into their league and their player budgets. I'm talking about how their teams have played and achieved in Europe the last 15 years. 

There's little difference between the GSL and TSL.

You guys want to dress up the Turkish league as the EPL then fine. Knock yourselves out.

To suggest that the Turkey is a (big) step up in quality from the GSL is absurd and bears no relation to reality.

13 hours ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Okay. Thanks for that. I'm not debating the billions of euros pumped into their league and their player budgets. I'm talking about how their teams have played and achieved in Europe the last 15 years. 

There's little difference between the GSL and TSL.

You guys want to dress up the Turkish league as the EPL then fine. Knock yourselves out.

To suggest that the Turkey is a (big) step up in quality from the GSL is absurd and bears no relation to reality.

The difference in quality is huge. The gap in competition is a lot bigger, that's the only thing needed to say.

I read your post(you mentioned me not doing so earlier) a lot of times to make sure I am not missreading it.

Your view is that "I don't care if it attracts better players, I don't care if more money are invested, It's not many levels higher than the Greek Championship because the teams don't do much better in Europe." Your opinion simply αντιφάσκει.

The only reason "our" "teams" do well in Europe is because Olympiakos does "well" in Europe. 

So the real question is, if Olympiakos had not guaranteed he 'd win this year's (every year's) Championship, how better (other than finishing 3rd in Champions League) would he do? 

How easy is it to go all in for all 3 competitions, Europe,Championship,Cup, if you have teams like aFenerbahce, Galatasaray or Besiktas with clear chances to win the league? 

*Bigger Budget
*Better players (by far better)
*More competition
*More organization.

Players like Eto'o (of course he is old but he was an image signing) Van der Wiel, Meirelles, Sneidjer Aboubakar, Quaresma and so on, prefer to play in a politically unstable country-had a f*cking coup some months ago, than come to Greece. C'mon, I can't believe this whole debating if it's a few steps up or just a little bittle is taking so long.

So this is pretty much why I believe you re basing this whole thing on my patriotism.

Guess you guys missed the point of who s schooling whom.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

All those players you mentioned are well into their 30s including Van Persie and Sneijder who I said I'd wish were playing in Greece. It doesn't change the fact that these guys are coming to the end of their careers and are going to Turkey for a massive payday. I don't blame them for that but don't tell me they are transforming the Turkish Süper Lig into a top 5 league. No one is providing any sort of statistics to prove that the Turks have a better league.

Asteras Tripolis played a Besiktas team in the UCL 2 seasons ago and drew 1-1 in Turkey and 2-2 home. Besiktas with a budget around 150 times larger layed an egg against poor little Tripoli. Why wasn't their superior league on show?

Anyway, Tzavellas plays for a trash club who is not better than the PAOK he left from. I don't blame him for going there for the money but he's not going to play in a better league that's for sure.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

Where my boy who was crying how close the Greek SL with the Turkish Super Lig are?
Where was the dude saying he went from a top contender of the Greek SL to a bad team of the Turkish Super Lig and that's not a step up at all ?
Where was he who said how he ended his career after Olympiakos beat Osmanlispor 0-3?
Please now that the thing has settled with the Champion of Greece getting stomped from Besiktas like it was Olympiakos Volou instead,bring him up, I wanna laugh with his posts.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Tzavellas ‒ Alanyaspor
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giorgos Tzavellas ‒ (now playing for AEK)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic