Phantis Forums

Salpi

andrew_g

he will go to paok...i always thought that if he left hed go abroad but he wants to go back to thessaloniki...

it sucks we lose a great greek player but i think we can replace him w someone better suited for the right side...

Yeah, he is a sentimental kid. He never got used to being heckled every time he went to Thesalloniki, and now he thinks PAOK fans will love him for the sacrifice he makes career-wise. Like it usually happens with humans, he has built an optimistic scenario in his head where he will be the hero and the fans will love him.

I hope his wish comes true, but I also think there is a good possibility that PAOK will tank next year and he will bear the brunt of the fan's ire.

Like my statistics prof used to say, people have more chances of being struck by lightning than winning the lotto. Yet, no one thinks about lightning and heaps of people think they'll win the lotto :LOL:

I wonder if he will celebrate the goals he makes against PAO :unsure:

He's not a "great" player and he didn't score many goals this season. We'll find someone really good w/ skill over the summer and we will be better. We need improvement up front anyway; we have some striker talent but its limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he is a sentimental kid. He never got used to being heckled  every time he went to Thesalloniki, and now he thinks PAOK fans will love him for the sacrifice he makes career-wise. Like it usually happens with humans, he has built an optimistic scenario in his head where he will be the hero and the fans will love him.

I hope his wish comes true, but I also think there is a good possibility that PAOK will tank next year and he will bear the brunt of the fan's ire.

Like my statistics prof used to say, people have more chances of being struck by lightning than winning the lotto. Yet, no one thinks about lightning and heaps of people think they'll win the lotto  :LOL:

I wonder if he will celebrate the goals he makes against PAO  :unsure:

I'm not so sure PAOK will sustain their high level this year either. If Santos was staying I'm sure they would, but who knows how they'll react to a change of manager... Besides, under the current system where would Salpi fit? Musli would stay up front and Vierinha will play as a wide-right forward. Unless Vierinha leaves, then Salpi will be used in a rotation system (or they'll change their current formation which is risky). Don't get me wrong, Salpi is a great signing for them but the new manager will have his work cut out in finding the right balance.

Furthermore, if Vierinha does leave, which is a distinct possibility, they'll have lost one of their best players. Add to that the fact that the newspapers are reporting that they want Panagiotis Kone as a replacement for Ivic :blink: and there are some worrying times ahead for PAOK.

I must say though, this is a key season for PAOK. If they make the Champions League or win the Superleague they could chance the entire trajectory of Greek domestic football. Salpi wanting to go back and support the cause is very admirable. I also doubt he'll celebrate a goal against PAO unless it's really huge (winning the league for instance).

Hey Cyber, I wonder what your stats Prof would say about me. I get excited and start dreaming so go and buy a lotto ticket, then realism catches up with me and I don't even bother checking the numbers! :P

Drakos, it's in all the papers, it is going to happen.

Hey Cyber, I wonder what your stats Prof would say about me. I get excited and start dreaming so go and buy a lotto ticket, then realism catches up with me and I don't even bother checking the numbers! :P

ha ha, he would probably say that you are increasing your changes of being struck by lighting by not checking the loto numbers :LOL:

Archived