Phantis Forums

Panatha v. Iraklis

athinaios

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait either. I hope the stadium is packed for a fiesta and I hope we don't choke. A tie would give us the silverware, but a win would make it a festival.

Spyropoulos is apparently ready and so is Seitaridis. Just in time because we were getting thin on defenders. I am curious to see if Nioblias puts Vintra back at CB. He's never played Vintra in the center up to now and it's now evident he doesn't trust Bjarsmyr if he didn't even put him in at Giannina.

I will be nice to see Nini and Karagouni get a championship, Nini at the start of a promising career and Kara in the late stages of a very nice one.

good news is the spyropoulos is fit and will be included on the squad..hopefully he is fit enough to start and gain acouple games under his feet before the cup final..

Spyropoulos won't play against Ira. Noblias won't risk it.

But, the whole team should be there for the fiesta! :P

theres a few players that havent celebrated a title before

karagounis, katsouranis, ninis (obviously), spyropoulos, salpi, tzorvas,

is it true cisse also hasnt won a title before (i know he has won cups etc)

was vyntra in the 2004 team that won it last? cant rem that

seitaridis seems the only one left.

and leto

I read that the game is sold out...Ill be in attendance too so I hope they dont blow it...

Would like to see focused football and a good display. Its only a fiesta if we dont screw it up, and if Iraklis can definitly take a lead, it'll be a match. I just hope we don't see half assed play like with Giannnina because then we could be in for suprises and stress.

My best case scenario is we go up 2-0 and second half just try and get fancy while Iraklis dont seem to care.

Worst case scenario is we play scraps, a 0-0 first half, and 70th minute Iraklis take an odd goal and the unthinkable comes and were going the final 20 mins desperate for a tieing goal.... Depending on what PAO shows up, both are possible scenarios. We've got to play to win from the starting minute...

Vyntra came in 05, he wasnt in the Shoum era. Back then we had a worse team overerall but a much better defense. Gkoumas, Seitaridis, Munch, Kyrgiakos....

munch was a godsend..when he came everyone was asking 'who the hell is this guy' (much like warzycha) but he turned into one of the best left wingbacks we've had in a while..his crosses were spot on and he ran like a maniac...

i remember the cross he whipped in for papadopoulos goal vs oly in the cup final...pure magic...

i too hope we come out all guns blazing a pop in an early goal..i doubt we'll lose in front of a full crowd but hey, anything is possible...we all want to celebrate the title this weekend, i think the players will get it done!

we all doubt we lose in front of the home crowd, however we lost to OSFP on a single chance and we lose plenty of games at home in recent years . Just because its unlikely doesnt mean it wont happen. Kavala and OSFP beating us instead of just being a 0-0 game were both seemingly unlikley results.

I wouldnt put a 0-0 first half in the category of "doubtful", and if were playing like we've already won the tournament and when its 0-0 and Iraklis takes a scrap lead, either through another defensive mistake, free kick whatever its also possible we'd find ourseleves with not enough time to get one back...I've seen enough tragedy in big games in recent years. The team has to go win the title Sunday, not go out and celebrate it as a given.

If we come out eager to finish the job I know well take it.....If we come out and half ass it like the games already decided, bad things will happen.

as for Munch, he was amazing. Not just his crosses, he even scored some good goals in the CL against PSV, great set peices and great defender. We really should have kept him, his age was absolutley not interfering with his playing ability, I hate it when clubs and people think age is an excuse for dropping players in great form. Some players really go past 32 and 33. Thats fact.....Look at Rivaldo, Vazexa, Gillberto, Liberopoulos and abroad players like Maldini (who was at 39 rated Europe's best defender) and even Costacurta, Cafu, Giggs....when Seric stepped in for Munch we started to suck. Some players can stay around till there old and keep contributing even if they play less often. I hope we follow up and keep Karagounis around because he's still valueable and will continue to be even if he begins to become more of a sub role in the future.

I have the feeling our lads will have wings on their feet on Sunday. Iraklis doesn't have much to play for, but they would love to stick it to the champs, so it's up to PAO to establish who's the boss early.

If we go in with the same game and attitude we displayed in Gannina it could get ugly on the odd counter/corner/freekick.

I see a 3-0 though. We have the individual quality to take a game against smaller teams when we need to.

Actually, I don't think Intertoto is much of an incentive for Iraklis players. If they make it to Intertoto they would be playing games in the dead of the summer (June and July) and that means they would have to start their pre-season early in June.

The money they would be making from intertoto is negligible so if I were a player I'd be thinking "long vacation in the isles", late pre-season, superleague in September.

Not saying they will roll over, just that they won't be going out of their way to overexert themselves.

the team will probably be tzorvas, kante, vyntra, katsouranis, seitaridis at the back, gilberto, karagounis, ninis with cisse, leto and salpi in attack..

i like the karagounis, ninis duo in the midfield..lets hope we dont get caught out too easily..

Archived