Phantis Forums

AEK and derbies

Genome

aekmafia21, AEK still wouldn't have won the league. AEK's limitations are against weak teams because AEK can't dominate games. When you try an orthodox or attacking approach you get unstuck because you're not that good going forward and you're abysmal at the back when playing a high line.

When AEK approaches a game with fear so to speak, i.e. "lets sit back and not lose" you grab results. The reason for this is because you over-load the defence which means it's harder to get exposed, but unlike other superleague teams that play PAO and Oly, you actually have a threat going forward because you have better individuals than teams like Larissa for instance.

Against Oly at home you attacked and lost, away you sat back, remained solid and sucker punched them with Scocco.

You also lost to PAO at home because you attacked, but away you sat back and earned a draw. Against PAOK you ground out results home and away while you played well at Aris on the counter but were lucky to win at home where you tried to play an open game.

the fact is AEK is at her best when playing defensively. This isn't a quality that can win the league but can make an effective cup team. That leaves you with a real shot at winning the play offs.

aekmafia21, AEK still wouldn't have won the league. AEK's limitations are against weak teams because AEK can't dominate games. When you try an orthodox or attacking approach you get unstuck because you're not that good going forward and you're abysmal at the back when playing a high line.

When AEK approaches a game with fear so to speak, i.e. "lets sit back and not lose" you grab results. The reason for this is because you over-load the defence which means it's harder to get exposed, but unlike other superleague teams that play PAO and Oly, you actually have a threat going forward because you have better individuals than teams like Larissa for instance.

Against Oly at home you attacked and lost, away you sat back, remained solid and sucker punched them with Scocco.

You also lost to PAO at home because you attacked, but away you sat back and earned a draw. Against PAOK you ground out results home and away while you played well at Aris on the counter but were lucky to win at home where you tried to play an open game.

the fact is AEK is at her best when playing defensively. This isn't a quality that can win the league but can make an effective cup team. That leaves you with a real shot at winning the play offs.

Gooodpost euro2004 i guess i wanted to beleive more with my heart then my head that we would and could of made a run for the league titles regardless of our well posted wesknesses.

And i do understand even winning the derbies is meaningless cause u are right its the mid to last place clubs that give u more headaches and fight

Great post. We have a mediocre team period. The players are fair at best.

I'm glad you guys understand what I'm saying. I'm not insulting AEK, it's just an observation. I really hope you guys can become the team you were a few years ago. If you guys can take the play-offs and make the CL it would be a magnificent injection of much needed cash! So that has to be your priority.

What's going on with the take-over talk? is anything in the pipeline?

What take-over talk? Adamidis is now president. Do we need another take over? Please no! :-| Let the team have the stability it needs! Take overs by Melissanidises that have been crapping about for years on end now: NO THANKS!

Well i didnt stop to read it but i thought i saw an article on one of the greek sports papers mentioning the possibility of Melissanidis coming in to the fray too. I have no idea.

So what's happening with the budget, will Dusan be given any money to spend?

Yes, he will be given money but most of the money will probably go to getting rid of the debt.

Melissanidis I don't read about. He's been going on for years on joining, not joining, joining, not joining, I really don't care anymore, he does not care for AEK or for its fans.

I'm glad you guys understand what I'm saying. I'm not insulting AEK, it's just an observation. I really hope you guys can become the team you were a few years ago. If you guys can take the play-offs and make the CL it would be a magnificent injection of much needed cash! So that has to be your priority.

What's going on with the take-over talk? is anything in the pipeline?

No insult my friend. The reality sometimes hurts and it definitely does here. When we play like a small team and we have some luck we win. When we play like the team we THINK we are, we lose. We have a mediocre team that has no business being in 4th place. 5-7 is where we belong this year.

I love my team, but I believe I am a realist as well. We need some significant changes made to the players if we want to complete next year.... or if they are smarter... they invest in younger players to build in a year or two.

Archived