Phantis Forums

Bordeaux-Olympiakos

Crazy

Olympiakos last tango in this years CL??Propably but hope dies last so Olympiakos needs to play this game as hard and as passionate as the players can be.As Stoltidis said at the UEFA.com interview,"We are representing Greece in Europe so we have to continue as best we can."

Datolo will propably start for Olympiakos in this game while for Dudu,it is going to be decided in the last moment.As i said earlier,Olympiakos has 3 targets left and a good performance in this one is really important for the players,club and fans.

I hope our management realizes that and prepares accordingly because i hate the mentality of some,lets not try hard in europe and save energy to play in the domestic championship better.We have lost the title,so lets give our best effort against the french club.They are not all that great as their coach thinks so we need a 90 minute effort like we had in the second half of the first game.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/ne...id=1453704.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can play this game in two ways. Either go at it like crazies from the start hoping for a quick goal but more likely conceding two or three and lose like Milan did to Man U. Or we can play tactical and end up with a draw or a one goal loss. I dont see us winning this. If we by a miricle did. It would be an even bigger sensation than the Cypriot teams pulled of in the CL the last couple of years.

If OSFP had been in form or even showed some heart last game you would've easily won 3-0. Bordeaux were awful!

If they show up like they did last time and you actually take this game serious, you should win nothing less than 3-0!

Whether you win with that score or not is (if Bordeaux plays like last time) in your team's own hands. No doubt. That was one of the most boring games I've seen in a long time. If OSFP steps up and Bordeaux doesn't, you have a good chance.

Also, how much money? :LOL:

Genome you're a great guy, but i think i speak for everyone when i say, if you want people to continue to take your posts seriously, stay off the drugs! :P

As much as i'd love you to be right, Olympiakos simply don't have the mentality or the team to turn this around. In 2 crunch matches in Greece Olympiakos barely approached the opposition box against Ergotelis and Iraklis, they're hardly going to trouble Bordeaux. On top of that Oly have the derby on the weekend, they'll go to France for a brief holiday before losing 3 or 4 nil and coming back to focus on the derby.

I disagree. They don't have the mentality, correct. But they do have the team. Did you see the Bordeaux game? They were seriously awful.

Bear in mind that the whole French league and FA is at the moment bent on getting their coach (Blanc) to become the national team coach so as to get rid of Domenech. This means that even their opponents have agreed on postponing their league game vs Bordeaux (can't remember atm which side it was, I believe Sochaux). All this to ensure a good CL run for Blanc, to augment his chances. (Pretty unfair towards OSFP I would say and a weird precedent has been set).

On OSFP's bad league performance lately (not to say the whole year), let's take a look at Bordeaux shall we:

Despite Bordeaux’s recent dip in form, which has coincided with their inspirational captain’s injury absence with a hamstring strain, has seen Laurent Blanc’s men collect just five points in their last five Ligue 1 matches, but Diarra is only looking to the future.

The derby? I honnestly don't think they care about an away derby during a lost season when they can make a couple of millions for their club and themselves in another game. They'll be playing hard but they don't expect more than a draw at OAKA, that's what I think but I'm not a mindreader of course.

You see when I wrote what I wrote I was not talking out of emotion or whatever. Yes, I want all Greek sides to do well in Europe. But I wouldn't mind saying that an OSFP loss would be likely, only to then be proven wrong (which I wouldn't mind at all).

In this case however, if, and that is a big IF, Bordeaux shows up like they did last time and IF OSFP shows some friggin' heart and cuts the bs, then yes, OSFP could crush that team. Whether that will happen is something entirely different...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be "right" here, I'm just saying there's more to my enthusiastic post than meets the eye :D ... And ok, I'll stay off the drugs ... ;)

I really hope you're right Genome. I would be wonderful to see a Greek team in the last 8. Marcos Baghdatis came from a set down beat Roger Federer at Indian Wells 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (7-4 on a tie break) last night. :tup: Hopefully that's the first of a series of Greek victories this week

Former England international and current pundit, Trevor Francis, has just argued that not one player at Olympiakos would get into a Premiership team with the exception of Mellberg who "Might be able to play for a lower Premiership team". Disrespectful, clueless little prick. I hope you hammer these guys!

Archived