Phantis Forums

Asteras v. PAO

athinaios

I'm starting this thread a little earlier because I see people are posting in the PAO-Levadiakos thread.

Anyway, we beat Asteras and PAS away, and it's ours. I don't see anyother problems. PAOK will drop points, and I can't see gavroi beating us. They'll have to come out to beat us so we'll take care of them by scoring a few.

Asteras isn't playing well lately but they're our nemesis. It's time we show them who's the boss.

I reckon, we'll score a couple.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EraSport reported that Tzorvas won't be fit for the Asteras game. Apparently he lost 3 kilos in the last week.

They also said Galinovic was relegated to third goalkeeper and from now on Karnezis will be #2. So we are going to Tripoli with Karnezis. i"ve never really seen the kid playing besides a few friendlies here and there, but he looks physically impressive and fit. I hope the kid takes the chance to prove he can challenge to be a starter.

I am worried that over the years he hasn't played much even in friendlies (I don't think we saw him at all this summer) so he might be rusty as heck.

But I am firmly behind him like a hoplite. I have my shield on his back and I am going to be pushing like crazy in tripolis.

0-2 win and a new starting goalkeeper (ok ok, tzorvas will be back :P

asteras have won 7 points in their last 10 tens..they have been pretty poor this second half of the season but thats no reason for us to loosen up...

looks like the team will be

tzorvas, spyro, vyntra, sarriegi, kante, gilberto, karagounis, katsouranis, salpi, lazaros and cisse

ninis and leto will probably be off the bench...

What on earth is wrong with Tzorvas??? Karnezis to start seriously?

Asteras arent that strong this season, still a tough game, I do expect us to play uber-serious from the 0th minute. I hope the team does nothing at all resembling that Standard game. If only Nioplias would WAKE UP and move Vyntra from RB to CB...The team is so much better when he's a CB over Sariegui and Kante. And he plays so horribly at RB.

Also some questions:

What on earth happened to Seitaridis and Gabriel? And howcome Bjarsmyr never plays???

Drako, if Tzorvas is fit he will play. Karnezis has not played a meaningful game in three years but if Tzorvas can't go he is all we've got.

Seitaridis is still injured. Hard to get details anywhere but I read a few weeks ago that he was going to visit the doctor that operated on his achiles hill. So, I deduce that it's the achiles that bothers him but I haven't seen any reports on it.

As for Gabriel, that's another silent story. He got injured and he's been injured and that's all we know. I am not even sure what kind of injury he has (and I read every sports site on the web).

As for Bjarsmyr he has not played well and moved way down on the pecking order. Every other defender on the team is above him.

As I said in another thread, Gali shouldn't even be on the bench right now. I have no sense of Karnezis but any decent goalie would have played better than Gali in a home game against an OK team.

I was excited to see Yurkas back, but he's been a no big contributor.

The bright side is that when we do well in Europe we blow a game. Now that we blew a euro game, we should take the Asteras game. :D

These achiles surgeries can be career ending. I hope Seitaridis comes back siderenios next season. He is still young and can contribute with his experience.

We should take this one way or another.

Apparently Tzorvas is fit to play and everyone is healthy. The pitch looks good too.

the lineup:

---------------------Tzorvas----------------

Vintra-----Sariegi------Kante-----Spyro

------------Katsouranis---Gilberto------

---------------------Karagounis-------

Salpigidis-----------------------------Leto

----------------------Cisse---------------

HT. I could have been worst but we look pretty bad.

Can't move the ball around and we keep either lobbing it or forcing the "through" ball that makes the life easy for Asteras.

Asteras has not done much but they hustle a lot better in midfield and they managed to find our defense open a couple of time.

They just said Marinos entered the game without warming up. Boneheaded decision. There are a few things worst than forcing your muscles to perform cold. I guess hitting them with a hummer would be worst. I hope it doesn't cost Marinos.

Oh, I don't know about "warming up" time... The muscles aren't "cold" unless the person is shivering. A couple mins of light warmup is enough.

Anyway, PAO looks bad, but I think we'll score soon in the second. I missed much of the first half due to time change here in the US :P

ha ha, I don't know about that. I suffered repeated quad pulls because I was too lazy to warm up. In the middle of the summer nonetheless.

Anyway, I hope we take this one one way or another - even if have to read Niko complaining why we needed a late goal :P

Paok is going to take their game, we need to take care of business.

Archived