Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

Selling him after the World Cup is a risk. If he doesn't play well or if he doesn't feature much (which is likely under Otto) his value will drop dramatically. Most big clubs do their business before major international tournaments anyway to avoid buying players for an inflated price.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is totally different from the Seitaridis example. Seitaridis was unknown in European football, Ninis isn't. Also, what makes you guys assume that Ninis will play at the World Cup? What have you seen to suggest he is Otto's plans? The likelihood is he won't play and that will mean his value will drop.

As for him having a good Champions League next season, how good can it possibly be? Even if he plays very well, his value will rise another

selling Ninis shouldnt be something we look forward to. I would not be in favor of this, at some point yes. Now is not the time. Now we should be looking to replace Salpi, who will move on. Get someone like a Govou who has been linked to us & keep on winning. Yes it is a business, but first lets make some little fish [gavrous] suffer some, the little b*tches that they are. Replace Salpi, Keep Ninis, & get some central defenders, then maybe we can do some damage in the CL, while b*tch slapping the fish! :tup:

a big club like united will overpay for a premier league player, ie 8mill for smalling which i feel is over the top. i saw him against wolves on sat and was very shaky.

but then they have then gone on to sign hernandez (?) from mexico for approx 5-6 mill ( i believe). whom im not in a position to say is better or worse as a prospect and talent then smalling but surely ninis is just as good (yes?).

valencia commanded an 18 mill price tag so if ninis is 9 mill is he half the player valencia is? well valencia has had a pretty solid first season for united. imnot sure ninis could have a similar impact.

but bc ninis plays in greece then yeh sure, 9 mill is prolly the upper threshold a club like united will play. just the way it is whether its fair or not.

We have bearely any midfielders Ninis is only 20, and hell get some time int the world cup. His value will definitley not "drop" with anything. Thats a myth. Even if he sat the bench, he would STILL be worth the same.

Im fairly sure he'll end up playing. Even if it as a substitue, all it takes is a few good moves to get some international attention (as a 20 year old). PAO should support Ninis and bank on him being succesful. His value wont drop dramaticaly if he doesnt play in the World Cup or doesnt impress. Thats just not going to happen.

selling Ninis shouldnt be something we look forward to. I would not be in favor of this, at some point yes. Now is not the time. Now we should be looking to replace Salpi, who will move on. Get someone like a Govou who has been linked to us & keep on winning. Yes it is a business, but first lets make some little fish [gavrous] suffer some, the little b*tches that they are. Replace Salpi, Keep Ninis, & get some central defenders, then maybe we can do some damage in the CL, while b*tch slapping the fish! :tup:

So for you then its a business first, sport second?

So for you then its a business first, sport second?

my team winning is first, but if you think that this isnt a business or at least being treated as one, you have missed the boat my friend.

The @@@@ have woken up & are checking out Govou, we should get him now, & not let this turn into a Mellburgh, at 2 mil he's a steal.

some reports today....

blackburn made an 8 million euro offer for cisse...our management said they will need to offer at leadst the buy-out clause of 14 million to take him from us...

we were linked with christofi of omoina..i like this player...very young and extremely talented..i dont think hes an out and out replacement for salpi bc he isnt mature enough for the starting place in our squad, but would definitly be a great player to have on our roster...

From a non-PAO supporter I just wanted to say congratulations on winning the league this year after so long.

But back on topic, I hear names and prospective transfer targets but seriously with the dire economic conditions which exist in Greece, are we too pessimistic to suggest that players might get scared off and not sign for PAO? It's obviously not just PAO, what about Oly, AEK and all other clubs?

Why should a foreign player consider Greece as a country for his employment when there is the nagging thought in his mind that he might go to a club and with all the economic questions around, the club can't afford to honour his contract???

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but just something I thought about in relation to foreign players.

We might see a position were (finally) our better players end up leaving the Hellenic leagues and taking up contracts abroad - as has been the case with many other countries (Argentina/Brazil/Serbia/African/Croatia et al)

Also we might find that the Greek league will almost exlusively go back to being Greek dominated with a sprinkling of foreign players (namely from Africa or South America) but these players would be of a lesser calbre to the quality of current players.

Anyway something to ponder. Economically Greece is in a s%$#! hole so much that FYROM and Albania look like attractive countries to move to for migrants.

my team winning is first, but if you think that this isnt a business or at least being treated as one, you have missed the boat my friend.

The gays have woken up & are checking out Govou, we should get him now, & not let this turn into a Mellburgh, at 2 mil he's a steal.

Well then if the team winning is first then it should be treated as such. If its treated as a business before anything else and the players are just transactions, then don't expect to win as many games as you'd like. Panathinaikos does not have to be a springboard for players to move on to the Manchester Uniteds and the Real Madrids. If handled properly we can have just as many titles in Europe as them.

Gazetta reports that Salpi is moving his belongings to Thessaloniki for permanent residence. He just has to wait until his contract is officially out (probably end of May) before announcements are made.

Good luck to him and thanks for all the fish. Let's watch how PAOK fans are going to treat him now. They booed him intensely when he played and heckled him even when he went back home for on vacations.

I think he will remain controversial and he made a mistake leaving Panathinaikos now. PAOK fans will cheer him once he takes the field, but the moment his form begins to drop he will go back to be even more hated. I am afraid he is going to accelerate his career demise with a move to a smaller team, and being so sensitive a character, any jeering from the home crowd will kill his motivation.

For us, we got a lot out of his work rate and it's a great opportunity to improve our right wing with a better player. His leadership and character will be hard to replace, but by now we have plenty of personalities on the team.

i heard that there will only be between 10-15 million set aside for transfers this season...is this true?

the most recent name to appear is bordon from schalke...solid defender but he is old...34 i believe..i think we can do better....

we will need two big players to come in the offseason...a right winger and a centre back...and one back up left back...hopefully mattos will comeback and add some freshness to the midfield and both simao and ninis stick around....

The gays have woken up & are checking out Govou, we should get him now, & not let this turn into a Mellburgh, at 2 mil he's a steal.

Well then if the team winning is first then it should be treated as such. If its treated as a business before anything else and the players are just transactions, then don't expect to win as many games as you'd like. Panathinaikos does not have to be a springboard for players to move on to the Manchester Uniteds and the Real Madrids. If handled properly we can have just as many titles in Europe as them.
You are kidding right? We will never win as many titles as them. The fact is we don't get the money they do. Not from ticket sales, not from merchandise, not from TV and not from the major competitions. We need to sell players when the offer is good in order to be able to compete. Imagine Ninis is sold for

You are kidding right? We will never win as many titles as them. The fact is we don't get the money they do. Not from ticket sales, not from merchandise, not from TV and not from the major competitions. We need to sell players when the offer is good in order to be able to compete. Imagine Ninis is sold for

i dont know why you would sell ninis...hes got time to step it up to a better league..his value will not decrease..a player like him, at his age will only get better an better..especially with solid playing time, which he probably wouldnt get much of at a bigger club...hes 20..hes got a lot of time to develop and will surely become an even bigger contributor to the squad...

it would be a crime to get rid of ninis..and second simao...they are extremely important to the squad and need to be the leaders when players like karagounis and gilberto move on...

A successful business needs good talent to sustain success and reach higher. Obviously some great players don't fit in a team so they transfer out. Ninis is a player that fits our team very well. Why give him up? He can be the next leader of PAO and the GR National team.

Now, is Ninis' money (from selling him) absolutely necessary for PAO to operate? I think not. Sum up all the millions of $$$ the club has spent on ..tourists and there you have it. Even great players have a risk of NOT adopting to a new club and Greek reality. The club can pay good money and not get what it needs. It happens all the time.

The reverse is true for Ninis. He can go someplace and end up warming the bench.

Ninis is a proven quality that fits the team. I'd leave it at that. Granted that Greek teams aren't going to be as successful as those who are MEGA spenders, but Ninis can have a very nice career at PAO. WHen is his contract up?

This is totally different from the Seitaridis example. Seitaridis was unknown in European football, Ninis isn't. Also, what makes you guys assume that Ninis will play at the World Cup? What have you seen to suggest he is Otto's plans? The likelihood is he won't play and that will mean his value will drop.

As for him having a good Champions League next season, how good can it possibly be? Even if he plays very well, his value will rise another

about 20 new names have surfaced over the past five or so days so i wont start listing...

ivansitchz will not come back..unfortunately in my opinion...i rate him very much and can add something different to the team...mainz have already paid 800.000 of the 1million buy out we have in the agreement...i doubt they will not pay 200k even if he had a slight falling out with the manager..if anything, they will pay the 200.000 and then sell him again for higher than the million they paid...

there is also talk of the futures of both david and mattos...i watched the flamengo v corinthians match yesterday hoping to see both players...mattos did not play and david played the whole match and played very well..holding off ronaldo and flamengo played with ten men for over a half...if gets gets an italian passport i say bring him back and see how he does...if sarriegi goes he could be useful to the team..

i dont think mattos has had a standout season with corinthians but they seem like they really want to keep him..with an aging midfield i think he could be good to bring back to the team..to be honest i think ten cate really ruined this guys confidence...he went from being one of our best players to sitting on the bench..

Archived