Phantis Forums

PAOK v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

Well, here we are, playing a very important game after our huge win over Roma.

The good news is that PAOK will have to try to beat us... We will score. We definitely have the firepower and the team to win this game.

Oly dropped 2 points in Iraklio today. So, if we win we'll go up by +5! :tup:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....After Budimir's goal, We can pretty much win the title tommorow......really tough game though. It takes a bit of pressure off and gives us more push win tommorow I'd hope.

But that also applies to PAOK...if they win, title could become even somewhat realistic for them

2-1 PAO

Well....After Budimir's goal, We can pretty much win the title tommorow......really tough game though. It takes a bit of pressure off and gives us more push win tommorow I'd hope.

But that also applies to PAOK...if they win, title could become even somewhat realistic for them

2-1 PAO

the only difference is paok have yet to play both aris (away) and aek (home)

It's etched in my memory... Last possible second, he blasted one in from the left side of the box. :D

Then (was it the last game) we went to Paniliakos, played horribly but managed to scrape 1 goal.

I have to say that the 2004 team was no near this one. Under Sc(h)um, the team played 2-3 decent games (one the cup final). The rest were crappy. We couldn't even exchange the ball more than 3 times in a row. Horrible.

But, back to this game, I turned off my phone and told everyone not to bother me unless the house is buring down. :P

About 15 minutes in.

We play a clean 4-5-1 with Leto and Salpi dropping deep and merge inward. Paok has decent ball movement in midfield and they run a little more than we do. I think they will drop this tempo after five minutes and it looks like we'll weather their adrenaline rush. PAOK is isolating Vierinia on Spyropoulos and this matchup is one that favors them. For us, nothing doing. We've been trying to keep the numbers deep and to lob the ball forward from defense most of the time.

This thing makes me sick mainly because it's so disrespectful to another human being. Anywhere else in social life, a person throwing stuff at another individual would cause a real outrage. In football stadiums, it's just a minor thing unless someone actually ends up in hospital.

Archived