Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Kavala

pao123

we host kavala on sunday...they are having good luck with the top sides this season...they drew with aris and paok once, olympiakos twice and defeated aek..not to mention they tied us as well...so they havent lost to a top side this season yet, i think this will be the first...we need a good result to keep us up in the standings and to give us a psychological boost...

reports say nioplias is sticking to the same team again...we may see simao in for silva (who might be getting a rest to be fresh with roma) or katsouranis who picked up a slight injury today in training..

we need this result and i think it will be a tougher test then we realize...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In their last 10 games they have

L*-L*-D-W*-D-L*-D-L*-L*-W (*=away).

Their only wins came at Panionios, and last week against Giannina 1-0. Their claim to fame is that they drew PAO, Olympiakos, and beat AEK at home.

Away, this entire season they have 2 wins (at Levadia, and at Panionios), 2 draws (at Olympiakos and at Aris early in the season matchday 2 and 10), and 5 losses (5-11 goals).

If they shave a point from Sunday's game it would be against the current of their performances. We don't have anything to be afraid and we should take this game easily.

maybe a 2-0 if they play a tight game, but if they open it up it could be 4-0.

game underway.

Tzorvas, Vintra, Spyropoulos, Sariegi, Kante, Simao, Karagounis, Katsouranis, Salpigidis, Leto, Cisse

20 minutes in we look energetic and play Kavala in their half. We had a couple of dangerous shots with Cisse - on hit the woodwork (his fourth of the season), but Kavala also had two dangerous shots and one really promising counter 2 v 1 that they botched. Salpi just shot wide too.

Hey, you would not leave a PAO game for a date would you Athinaie?

35' and it looks like Kavala is content to park the bus in front of their goal. Leto is out of it today so the only space we've found so far has been on the right with Vintra/Salpi.

Karagounis/Katsouranis have two on their face as soon as they get the ball.

HT 0--0

We tried hard to find space but Kavala is defending well. They are quick to the ball and they cover each other well, having moved the game in their own quarter. Cisse is always double teamed, as is any of our midfielders who gets the ball. They leave Simao and our defenders alone purposely and that's why Vintra has been playing as a winger all the time.

Katsouranis is pretty bad so far, and so is Karagounis. Cisse is doing his job but Salpi and Leto have been stopped on their tracks. Simao is making sure Kavala spend most of the game in their half and Spyropoulos had one really nice run and cross so far. Tzorvas had a great fingertip deflection early on and came out of the box to pass the ball to Smolarek who stumbled and missed the chance to lob the ball to an empty net.

Other than that, we run around alot but so far it looks like we don't have any easy solutions. Someone has to pick it up from the midfielders and wingers. I would not mind seeing Ninis early in the second half.

Let's hope fo

you know women... they don't understand! :D

I have to leave in about half an hour.....

Come on PAO, score a quick one! It would special for ..gavroi to start playing -8 :P

you know women... they don't understand! :D

I have to leave in about half an hour.....

Come on PAO, score a quick one! It would special for ..gavroi to start playing -9! :P

I thought I was being a smartass by celebrating it last night (from 13 to 14) so I could watch AEK play today, only to find out they were playing yesterday ... :unsure: :rolleyes:

there will be maybe 5 minutes of game played from now on. Kavala shows a propensity to slow down the game with delay tactics.

We look frustrated and can't find our way anywhere near Kavala's goal in the second half. The game has moved to midfield. It's like handball. Kavala has two lines in front of goal and we just move the ball around.

Not to blame Kavala all the time, we don't help ourselves with our game that has no width on offense allowing the field to be crowded in the middle. All our crosses are mostly soft lobs from far out. Now with Ninis in we lost all width on the left since no one is playing there (well Karagounis is, but he hasn't seen the ball.

Archived