Phantis Forums

PAO Shop opening in Astoria NYC

drakos13

Cool!

I've lived in upstate NY for over 10 years but I've never been to Astoria. I have heard various stories that it's not a "Greek" community any more and I got the impression that there are very few Greeks left there. Is that true?

It would be nice if they can dispatch US orders from that store when ordering online.

There is quite a big greek community in astoria. there are parts of it on the fringe that are a lot of hispanics, but the place is quite Greek-dominated. There are also a lot of newer generation balkan migrants Croats, Bosnians, Albanians and some Turks, theyre not as prevalent. I'd find it very hard to say its not a Greek community anymore, whoever said that had probably not been in Astoria, or only been on the Eastern part where its Greek influence fades.

I think you should go and check it out Cyber. If you havent been to Astoria? Its definitly worth a go, there are some Greek supermakets (like 100% greek products you'd find in a greek supermarket), as well as fairly good restaurants, bakeries, sweet shops, wine shops, cafes etc. If I'd live upstate NY i'd be going several times a year to load up on supplies like oil & wine too.

• 1 year later...

LI City is directly south of Astoria though most Greeks who live there will tell you they live "in Astoria".

This, coming from someone who was born in Boulevard Hospital, Astoria er....Long Island City! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Here is where the store is located:

OFFICIAL PANATHINAIKOS F.C. STORE

33-01, 20th Avenue

Astoria, New York 11105-2015

USA.

TEL: +1 718 267 7600 :gr:

Hi is this PAO boutique still there? I had called last year and I was told they weren't there anymore or moved. I wanted to visit Astoria this weekend and was wondering if there was still a PAO boutique. Also if anyone has any info on cafes, restaurants, and maybe a decent hotel in the area it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Archived