Phantis Forums

Xanthi v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

This Saturday we're playing a very important game away at Xanthi. It seems that when we lose points there we have a bad season over all. Playing earlier than gavroi and showing +8 may do damage to them. They're fighting about Ziko, etc, so they may drop a point at Larissa.

It's time we send the message that we won't relinguish first place until the end of the season.

Xanthi will be hard nut to crack, but I'm hoping Cisse will bang one in early.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xanthi is not in such a good shape as they have been in previous years and they are in serious danger of relegation. They will come out hard, but I don't see us chocking tomorrow. Leto will start and so will Sariegi. Let's hope we put this one away early so we don't get overly anxious about it.

I am pretty sure Olympiakos plays at home against Larissa and they'll take the game one way or another.

On this point, the announcer mentioned that Salpi was "tzartzed" with the body to justify why it was not a penalty.

Well, the rules say nothing about "body" or "hands" or "legs". The rules mention "excessive force" as the cause for a freekick (penalty in the box).

The guy came from behind with no hope or chance at playing the ball. His aim was to drop salpi.

about 20 minutes with Xanthi being more energetic in midfield.

We look sloppy once again and make too many unforced errors. Gilberto looks good but Katsouranis I have not seen yet, nor have i seen Katsourani.

Salpi has found himself twice head to head with the keeper so far and Cisse looks spry even though he was offside 4 times already.

We have no right to depend solely on that play. Liek AEK did in xanthi. one goal dissallowed in the 16th was the reason they lost.

They had a whole game to beat this crappy team and s do we...

Its jus boring to watch with this freakin oly sympathizer of a team with 11 men in the back and Kakos int he front

For all the control Xanthi think they have in midfield, in 15 mintues we scored once, had two tete-a-tetes and one shot to the post.

BTW Niko, I am convinced all the Cisse offsides are of much value and we saw that in the goal. He plays on the edge of the line so much he puts enormous pressure on the defenders who must be perfect with their offside trap. Cisse's offides don't cost much but their one or two slips can cause them the game.

Ha ha katsouranis shot from 35 meters shaved the crossbar in 27'

yeah, so far he has been awesome. 14 goals in 17 appearances is what we all dream of PAO's striker.

you know he will inevidably go through another 4-5 game dry spell and I can see everyonoe getting out the hangers for the "palto" :LOL:

But for now he needs to score one or two more today because he is out of the next game against Panthrakikos with cards which I think he got all for celebrations after his goals :tup:

Archived