Phantis Forums

ANTENNA 1 on VERIZON FIOS

15$ for ANT1??? Thats just preposterous......So much for a damn channel? Will people really pay 15$ for a single channel? Just disgusting. For a Greek "pack" I understand, but for just ANT1 they expect Greeks to pay them 15$ a month???

You'd think that competitors with high tech capabilities like FIOS would be faced with decreasing costs of service and that they could charge you reasonable prices like 5$ an extra channel....

Exclusive contracts are also the most anti-competitive load of bullshit I've ever heard. Platforms should be allowed to access the same channels for all, and base competition on price for a change.

Ert is $15 also.

He's referring to Canada where ERT World is available as an add-on to Odyssey (ANT1) for only $5. Its actually not available al a carte here except on Rogers Cable where they charge a whopping $19.45/mo. :blink:

I think in general the rates for international channels are a bit too high, the per channel price should be around $9-10 not $15. In Canada where we get 'Canadianized' versions of ANT1, ERT & MEGA the price of these channels are way too high IMO. Here all they are doing is paying for programming, there is no transmission costs involved.

Archived