Phantis Forums

Greece - Ukraine

dark_horse

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so stressed. I am going out of town saturday and not watching the game. I dont want to get a heart attack and I just turned 34 on oxhi day. My prediction without Toro and Giorkas is 3-0 for Ukraine. I know Giorkas has been weak, but he would deliver when it counted. Oh God, I pray Greece will win both legs.

Tzorvas!!??? How can anyone pick this clown ahead of Sifakis!?

Tzorvas has played less then 25 senior games and is a f*ckin poor. Watch the game against Latvia - when they scored he nervously looked over to the bench. Then when we were up by 4 or 5 he started jumping around like clown over exaggerating every save.

Sifakis is solid with over 130 senior games under his belt.

I'll go on record - If Tzorvas (part timer) gets the nod ahead of Sifakis we'll get pumped and Otto should get sacked.

NO TZORVAS!!!

I think Tzorvas Started 24 Games for Ofi two years ago and since has started 17 for Pao

He is young and has shown excellent signs. Dont forget how poor Sifakis was in Ofi

Sifakis started one full year for Aris and looked more then Shaky...

I dont think their is a favorite..

But with 5 int he back.. Gamise me... we wont score more then 1 goal in two games... We need 2 clean sheets

I checked the ESPN TV site and the return match will be LIVE on ESPN DEPORTES.

ESPN2 HD will have a match but it does not specify which one. I also posted this info in TV section.

Anyway, check out Seitaridis' comments on Otto and the post-Euro 2008 squad (from contra.gr)

-

The big story in the Ukraine camp was Mikhailichenko's decision to drop experienced forward Andriy Voronin from his squad for the tie. The 30-year-old Liverpool striker has been out of favour since criticising Mikhailichenko in the media after the qualifier against Croatia in October last year.

Mikhailichenko said Ukraine would not be trying to play for a draw in the first leg. "We are going to Greece with the target of winning; for us there is no difference between home and away matches," he said. "I believe both teams have a 50-50 chance of qualifying. Greece have a good blend of youth and experience and possess a coach who has been in charge for many years and they have a disciplined approach

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1133077.html

I think that Mitrouglu could be a real ace in the sleeve for us as a late sub. He has the experience from big international games thru the CL. And last game he was forced to take a huge responsibility due to all the injuries for Olympiakos. A new ethniki star could be born thru these play-offs!

Archived