Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Larissa

cyberfish

Matchday 6 we play Larissa on Monday because PAO fans in Greece will be busy on Sunday making sure Tsipras' miserable political career ends after these elections.

Larissa has yet to win and they are flailing so far in the season, so it might look like it will be an easy win for PAO. But we've managed to resurrect many dead teams in the past, so I hope we don't fall asleep at the wheel.

I watched Larissa in their earlier game against Olympiakos and up until Olympiakos scored in their first attack, Larissa looked really good. They are a fast team and they play a quick passing game and bring numbers forward. I assume they will try a more defensive approach against PAO since throwing bodies forward hasn't helped them much this season.

As it's been my custom for years, I tried different formations to see which one feels right at the moment. I would probably rest one of the three midfielders: Katsourani or Gilberto or Karagouni. Katsouranis was out of sorts in the last game, Karagounis still nurses an injury, and Gilberto looked winded after 60 in Bucuresti. Simao might be superflous in this one as well.

All this beacause I think Ninis has a place from the start, along with Salpi, Leto, and Cisse.

So my lineup would be like this:

----------------Tzorvas----------------

Vintra--Bjarsmyr---Sariegi---Kante

---------Gilberto---Karagounis------

Salpigidis------Ninis-----------Leto

-----------------Cisse---------------

4-0

Tsipras is a narrow-minded politician despite of his young age. I don't want to turn this thread into a political discussion, but Tsipras figured out that he could get a few more votes as a protest party by going against the "big interests." Anyway, I hope the new stadium is underway now....

I proper home for our team could net us a few more points every season, because a proper football stadium with the fans closer to the field and with a smaller capacity it can make for a strong "

The 18 man squad is announced and Giourkas is out along with the injured Darlas, Marinos, and Petropoulos.

Kante had a couple of good games as a LB and he might start again since Spyropoulos is coming off an injury. I think he did well defensively in Bucuresti and his on-on-one success gave me a little more confidence that he can be counted to contribute. Regarding Seitaridis, my feeling is that he will be eased into the team and it might take a couple more games before he gets to start. The truth is, with Vintra and Marinos, competition for that right spot is high and it won't be easy for any one of the three to take home the starting jersey.

My personal feeling is that we already know what Vintra is capable of doing on the right. I'd like to see what Marinos is capable of doing, and in what shape Seitaridis is.

From the looks of it, Ninis will most likely start against Larissa. I do like the way Ten Cate uses him, and he has been on fire in the last few months. This might be his breakthrough year.

ha ha. good one pao or death.

Niko, I agree. very nice performance in the second for several reasons:

1 Vintra's goal opened them up

2 Ninis' game was forward-looking and very mature

3 Larissa ran out of steam since they did an amazing amount of running for 60'

This win was good. Sure Larissa missed some chances, but most where on the counter and shots from outside the penalty area.

It was good to see Cisse score (the second was a very nice shot on the run) and the 4 goals should put other teams on notice that they can't come to Athens aspiring to press our defense.

Gabriel was really good offensively but he was absolutely horrible as a RB. I hope I never see him playing defense again. But his performance up front showed that he too can be counted to contribute on the right wing.

I dont think he was that bad on Defence. But as a RM he can be a GREAT option on the road in Europe.. liek last season in Inter and Villareal. And with Cisse getting his groove back... u can see soem great balls being given by Gabriel who does have a great pass

I mean most of their chances came from alligories in our midfield.. Either way

A few things id liek to point.. Now that I actually sat and watched the whole game..

First... Is this the same Tzorvas from last season? Huge difference and by the looks of it we could tell who DIDNT spend his short summer break vacationing in Xalkidiki.

Second.. That Kid.. Bjarsmyr... He is the real deal.... One minor glitch on a 50-50 penalty call in Bucarest. So far...7 games at CB for Bjarmsyr... Pao has alloed 4 goals... 2 of them own goals....

Third... I believe we underestimated Kante.. Or maybe we judged him too quickly. He is a decent LB/Cb and is an upgrade over the Pollack.

Fourth... Is it me or does Ninis look bigger faster strogne rand with TONS of ability out there. Im telling you... If you want to see some pretty football, watch the 60th t the 89th minute of todays game. Wow

Fifth... Cisse.... Excellent Finish on both goals... He is gonna tear it up... u just watch...

Sixth.. Kats is HUGE... now if only we coudl play wth Simao in behind him.. we could play with 6 or 7 players attackin cuz Simao could defend the superlesgue on his own :P

and Finally...

For Drakos..

Rukavina came on and was pretty good and shoudl of been awarded a penalty....score was already 3-0 so it wasnt given....

But keep track people... 1 penalty not given so far

I saw the goals... Katsou's header was a beauty!

Aparently we played well enough to win.

There's a break now that will do us good. Giourka will be ready to play after that.

Glad to see Sisse scoring. He needed that. Even though he hasn't given us points yet (you know, when a player does something that gives the team points) he'll be one to watch and I'm hoping he can be like Salpi... score when we need to.

I didn't watch the game, I had to work.. (long day), but I'd be worrying with our first half performance. I just hope the team doesn't become too confident or cocky.

However, this season (domestic league) I have the sense that sooner or later the team will score. That's a nice feeling to have! :tup:

What's the reason for getting a yellow card by removing their shirt in celebration? As far as I know it's ridiculous. I wouldn't do it, but I totally understand a player celebrating like that..

PS. please don't start by attacking my beautiful & athletic physique! :LOL: :LOL:

Athinaios, you are different, you dont even take your shirt off in the shower...

Oh wait... you said DONT attack your physique.. nm.. Sorry

This was a great second half.. I watched it again...

The first half was poor but not THAT poor.. Larisa had two good chances to score... but the first 15 minutes we were ok.. I think we just thought the game would be too easy

First... Is this the same Tzorvas from last season? Huge difference and by the looks of it we could tell who DIDNT spend his short summer break vacationing in Xalkidiki.

Second.. That Kid.. Bjarsmyr... He is the real deal.... One minor glitch on a 50-50 penalty call in Bucarest. So far...7 games at CB for Bjarmsyr... Pao has alloed 4 goals... 2 of them own goals....

Third... I believe we underestimated Kante.. Or maybe we judged him too quickly. He is a decent LB/Cb and is an upgrade over the Pollack.

Mate I respect your opinions but I'm really shocked at at some of these statements.

Tzorvas, Byarsmyr, and Kante have not been tested yet. In fact, the latter two have been poor at times this season.

Fifth...

What's the reason for getting a yellow card by removing their shirt in celebration? As far as I know it's ridiculous. I wouldn't do it, but I totally understand a player celebrating like that..

PS. please don't start by attacking my beautiful & athletic physique! :LOL: :LOL:

It's just one in a long line of dumb rules introduced by UEFA. I don't even think they know why it's necessary.

I think that Tzorvas has been tested. He played vs AEK, Aris, LArisa and made some huge saves in each game to keep us in it. he faced 9 shots yesterday and 4 against aek... What does tested mean? play against Man U? or Barca?

All I said is he is not the same keeper that he was last season. He looks more comfortable in his box. Charges out of net at the right time. Looks bigger and quicker. Thats all.. I never said he was the best keeper in the world nor did I say he is better then so and so

As for Kante... Like i said... since he has been back, he has been very good. he also has played out of position and has been strong

Bjarsmyr.... Poor? When? From the time he has played CB he has been better than any CB we have had in years. What the penalty vs Dinamo? Soft penalty just like Rukavina. Weak imo. Rukavina Got clotheslined. Bjarsmyr played shoulder to shoulder and the guy fell the way my grandad would fall if he ran into me at full speed. If u look at EVERY SINGLE TACKLE and EVERY SINGLE play, there will be plays where a player is out of position or misses a tackle. But as a CB... HE has been better then average. Alot better than average. He controls the ball. he passes it well. HE is calm and I dont think has made a bad pass yet.

As for Rukavina.. dude.. I was playing around for drakos. To bother him. Drakos knows I pick on him

However, he is young and no way will I judge him too quickly. You just never know.

I think that Tzorvas has been tested. He played vs AEK, Aris, LArisa and made some huge saves in each game to keep us in it. he faced 9 shots yesterday and 4 against aek... What does tested mean? play against Man U? or Barca?

All I said is he is not the same keeper that he was last season. He looks more comfortable in his box. Charges out of net at the right time. Looks bigger and quicker. Thats all.. I never said he was the best keeper in the world nor did I say he is better then so and so

As for Kante... Like i said... since he has been back, he has been very good. he also has played out of position and has been strong

Bjarsmyr.... Poor? When? From the time he has played CB he has been better than any CB we have had in years. What the penalty vs Dinamo? Soft penalty just like Rukavina. Weak imo. Rukavina Got clotheslined. Bjarsmyr played shoulder to shoulder and the guy fell the way my grandad would fall if he ran into me at full speed. If u look at EVERY SINGLE TACKLE and EVERY SINGLE play, there will be plays where a player is out of position or misses a tackle. But as a CB... HE has been better then average. Alot better than average. He controls the ball. he passes it well. HE is calm and I dont think has made a bad pass yet.

As for Rukavina.. dude.. I was playing around for drakos. To bother him. Drakos knows I pick on him

However, he is young and no way will I judge him too quickly. You just never know.

Ok, I'll retract my Tzorvas statement. I'm just not 100% convinced yet.

Kante hasn't faced any real pressure yet though so we don't know how good he is. As for Byarsmyr, you say he's been great when at centre-back. Who has he played as centre-back against? How much possession did they have?

Aris, Galata, AEK, larisa, Dinamo Xanthi and panthrakikos

Against Galata we scored two own goals.....

Against Aris and Aek id say it was pretty even...

The issue isnt about who we played and how much possession brother..

For example.. Last season.. we lost twice to ergotelis and gave up horrible goals to little teasm like serres, tripoli, ergotelis etc etc.

In the derbys and in europe last year we had a great defensive record...

I dont look at stats... stats can be misleading.. Rukavina had 7 goals last season and 11 in all competitions... doesnt mean anything

I watch Bjarsmyr. I see the way he reacts to every situation and the way he handles himself on and off the ball, distribution of the ball.. etc.. And I love what I see.... and he is 22. Nothing but promise for the future

Archived